Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It's quite literally almost indistinguishable and less 'bad' for you than the bizarre mix of chemicals the diet/zero versions need.

Also "Ugh, AMERICA, hfcs! Real sugar so great!" Is frankly just some kind of weird nationalism bent tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
People who go nuts about hfcs vs sugar are pretty dumb, hth

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

interwhat posted:

Wasn't there a lady who basically was told if she doesn't stop drinking 3-5 diet Pepsi a day she will die of MS? Then she quit and very quickly got better. I think I read that here.

no there wasn't you gullible moron

Welsh Rarebitch
Jun 5, 2011

Lurking Haro posted:

In Germany, even regular Pepsi uses sweeteners now. Every alternate variation of Coco-Cola soft drink is also sugar free. This includes cherry coke, Vanilla and every Fanta flavor that isn't orange. There's even two versions of Dr. Pepper with identical designs, but one uses sweeteners.

And they all taste like poo poo.

Yeah, it's the poo poo. This is the best public health initiative in the recent past. Soda drinkers just tend to be fat greasy slobs who don't know any better. You gotta force them to reduce their calorie intake. Diet soda consumer = fatty is just correlation not causation.
And it's an acquired taste, you can just get used to it and not have a hissy fit.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Big Beef City posted:

It's quite literally almost indistinguishable and less 'bad' for you than the bizarre mix of chemicals the diet/zero versions need.

Also "Ugh, AMERICA, hfcs! Real sugar so great!" Is frankly just some kind of weird nationalism bent tbh

Sugar is so much worse for you it's not remotely a contest, you brainwashed weirdo.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Cane sugars tasty :yum:

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

syntaxfunction posted:

My favourite soft drink is soda water. Or diet tonic water.

I have an old fashioned soda siphon that uses co2 cartridges. Every night my wife and I sit and drink soda water infused with fresh limes, lychees, mangos, you name it.

Sometimes, when I'm feeling particularly degenerate I also drink a fresh new coke zero. It's got that flavor you crave!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh no not chemicals!

Next you'll tell me diet soda has atoms in it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

central dogma posted:

Diet Dr. Pepper is the epitome of calorie free soda beverages :kiss:

its my go-to for sure. pair it with a tasty sandwich for lunch? yes please. :yum:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Diet a&W root beer

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Snowy posted:

Maybe they should just put a little sugar in there, as a treat

Coke 69

There was a variant in the UK that was exactly this, called Coke Life. I thought it tasted garbage and I think it disappeared not long after it launched because nobody could understand why it existed.

E: ah seems it was everywhere and nobody in any country liked it.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Big Beef City posted:

In the US, sodas with hfcs ARE the 'sugar' variety.
More explicitly, they have more CALORIES than the diet or 'zero' (or whatever) varieties.

Historically they'd have been made with real sugar and thus still referred to by calling the diet/zero versions 'sugar free' as a mostly coloqial way of differentiating them.

No one actually says 'yes I'd like a sugar free coke'.
They say 'i want a diet coke', for example.

I bang on the loving register and demand high fructose corn sirup free soda. The distinction is important for everyone involved.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

EL BROMANCE posted:

There was a variant in the UK that was exactly this, called Coke Life. I thought it tasted garbage and I think it disappeared not long after it launched because nobody could understand why it existed.

E: ah seems it was everywhere and nobody in any country liked it.

Eh, it was alright I guess. It was better than normal coke but not as good as coke zero.

And it was made with STEVIA

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Monster Zero uses Erythritol.

(Truvia is like 90% Erythritol and 10% Reb.A molecule from Stevia.)

Monster Zero also has a lot less caffeine than the other "mainstream" type energy drinks like Red Bull, Rockstar, etc.

It's good. I like orange (ultra sunset) and grape (ultra violet).

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Is Pepsi still ok? :ohdear:

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Is there some boutique sugarwater maker out there who has duplicated Pepsi Natural? Coke man here, but that stuff was the true nectar of the gods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
What if they made Coke with real cane sugar, but check this out, less of it?