Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

They're changing the flavor and look of Coke Zero Sugar, the only Coke I drink

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/14/business/coke-zero-change.html

quote:

In its statement, the company said the new change “optimizes existing Coca-Cola Zero Sugar flavors and existing ingredients.”

Though the company did not say what that process would look like, it promised on social media that it would not change the ingredients, which include carbonated water, caramel color, phosphoric acid, aspartame, caffeine and potassium benzoate.

They'll be fine because Pepsi Zero Sugar tastes like poo poo. I bought a six-pack of that crap and never got around to finishing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I bet it will taste like poo poo

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Just drink dog cum like an adult.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Aspartame, asaparta-you

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Vegetable posted:

They're changing the flavor and look of Coke Zero Sugar, the only Coke I drink

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/14/business/coke-zero-change.html

They'll be fine because Pepsi Zero Sugar tastes like poo poo. I bought a six-pack of that crap and never got around to finishing it.

I like how they use the word "optimizing" when talking about the flavor. It's much better than saying "we found a way to make it cheaper while charging you more for this 'brand new' product."

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

As a responsible adult, the only beverage I imbibe is PISS

*chugs piss*

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

the only "diet" beverage i have ever liked, and just bought some today for shits, is crystal lite lemonade.

i think i thas like 10 calories because there is a bit of sugar in there but it it really really block that artificial sweetener flavor, or maybe its the acid that makes it taste lemony?

i feel like companies should look into this but i suspect they already have and decided it wouldn't work with soda for some reason (CO2 while compressed?)

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

It really annoys me when I order Coke at McD's and they give me lovely Coke Zero instead, gently caress coke zero!

I mean gently caress coke in general actually, water is where its at.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I actually like Coke zero. Cant wait to see how they gently caress it up.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
My tastebuds are hosed up so all “cola” flavored sodas taste the same to me. Coke, Pepsi, diet, zero, whatever. I kinda like the ignorant bliss.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Hey this is what I mix my bourbon and rum with. That and Dr pepper zero.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Edgar posted:

Hey this is what I mix my bourbon and rum with. That and Dr pepper zero.

:same:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Well that's crappy news. Diet Coke is foul. All diet drinks taste horrible from a fountain but Coke Zero in a can isn't bad.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That’s ok I’ll keep drinking that garbage.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Coke zero was baaaaaad. Get it anything above ice cold, and it tasted of industrial chemicals. I've had the new one and I can't say I remember it, which sounds like an improvement.

Over here in Norway, I think Pepsi Max is the best selling single soda, with or without sugar. I have no idea if that's the same recipe as US sugar free Pepsi or not, though. It's... fine? Bit too sweet and cinnamon-y, but inoffensive.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
They already rolled it out here and at first you're like "what the gently caress were they thinking those COKE CLOWNS" ans then you forget they changed it after two days

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Anything other than regular coke or cherry coke is loving trash for idiot morons who like filth hth

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
What even is the difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke? Whatever, diet wild cherry Pepsi 4 lyfe.

Computer viking posted:

Over here in Norway, I think Pepsi Max is the best selling single soda, with or without sugar.

I didn't know there was a Pepsi Max without sugar, probably because Fanta Exotic is so distractingly delicious.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't drink soda. enjoy your myriad of preventable health issues

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

All I ever do is drink soda actually I've been waiting for this thread so I can brag about how I drink 9+ gallons a day I plan on living to more than 200 years of Age

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
room temperature major mellon zero sugar mountain dew is better than all other modern soda and I hate that.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

YeahTubaMike posted:

What even is the difference between Coke Zero and Diet Coke? Whatever, diet wild cherry Pepsi 4 lyfe.

I didn't know there was a Pepsi Max without sugar, probably because Fanta Exotic is so distractingly delicious.

In the USA: Diet Coke uses aspartame as the artificial sweetener. Coke Zero is a blend of aspartame and Acesulfame Potassium. It's a different blend so the flavor is different.

As for Pepsi Max (now called Pepsi Zero Sugar) , in the US it's always been a zero calorie drink. It also uses a blend of aspartame and Acesulfame Potassium. It tastes near identical to Diet Pepsi. The biggest difference is that Pepsi Max has more caffeine.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I wish colas werent always caffeinated. When I have a soft drink on a hot evening I'm not trying to ruin my sleep.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Grevling posted:

I wish colas werent always caffeinated. When I have a soft drink on a hot evening I'm not trying to ruin my sleep.

true if only there was a decafinated cola option

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Coke Zero is godawful

It's like downing straight aspartame

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Vegetable posted:

Pepsi zero sugar is the only coke I drink and tastes way better and more refreshing than Coke zero sugar. It used to be called Pepsi Max. It has panax ginseng extract in it. I'm going to come through your monitor and kick ur rear end 4 sayin what u said.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Pepsi Max or bust

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bula Vinaka posted:

Pepsi zero sugar is the only coke I drink

Don't do this.

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...
At least in Australia the change from Coke Zero to Coke: No Sugar was mostly about how sweet it tasted. The new zero is noticeably sweeter and I like it less. Have switched to diet mostly as a result.

The change did result in my favourite ever Coke product however: Coke: No Sugar with Coffee. Which, was loving great. Tasted like deglazing an empty double espresso cup with sugared Coke. Amazing.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

That’s ok I’ll keep drinking that garbage.

:patriot:

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
I only drink jizzlobber because its what plants crave.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
liquids are stupid. i just eat dry aspartame and potassium out of a bag with my hands the way george washington intended

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
zero calorie Sprite is the best because it's just lemon-flavored water with bubbles, none of that godawful artificial sweetener.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Yaldabaoth posted:

zero calorie Sprite is the best because it's just lemon-flavored water with bubbles, none of that godawful artificial sweetener.

Really? Diet Sprite and Sprite Zero both have artificial sweeteners and you can definitely taste it.

Unless you're not in the US. It's common for them to have identically named products that are totally different from the US counterparts.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 15, 2021

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
How fat are you? Diet drinks seem to attract the fattest of the fat people, I bet you're fat.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

How fat are you? Diet drinks seem to attract the fattest of the fat people, I bet you're fat.

trn ur monitor on

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I'm excruciatingly fat.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I'm excruciatingly fat.

I've seen this poster at Walmart screaming at a manager that they "Don't want the SLOW mobility scooter, again". It's true. Their debilitating lardness is horrible to witness.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I just lap piss up from a dog bowl like a real man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Yaldabaoth posted:

lmao wrong

INGREDIENTS
CARBONATED WATER, CITRIC ACID, POTASSIUM CITRATE, NATURAL FLAVORS, POTASSIUM BENZOATE (TO PROTECT TASTE), ASPARTAME, ACESULFAME POTASSIUM.