Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't Brent Albright have a cup of coffee with ROH?

Yep, he had a brief run with the NWA title while there as well, taking it off and losing it back to Adam Pierce.

I think he was pegged for big things when OVW was the WWE developmental. Paul Heyman talks about him being the guy he wanted to build the promotion around in the CM Punk DVD that WWE put out ages ago (probably OOP now, can't imagine why).

He got a brief run on SmackDown in the mid-2000s as I recall. Can't remember what his WWE-name was, but I remember thinking "yeah, this guy is fuuuuuuuucked," so I assume it sucked. I'd google it, but that's way too much effort for Brent Albright.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

It was Gunner Scott, if memory serves, which may be the first canonical use of the future NXT name generator.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

CarlCX posted:

It was Gunner Scott, if memory serves, which may be the first canonical use of the future NXT name generator.

That's the one. It's not the worst WWE developmental name I've seen, but it's pretty much the name equivalent of white noise.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They very briefly paired him with Benoit as a protege and then gave up after like 3 weeks, because WWE

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Albright was explicitly tagged as "the next Benoit" in OVW, probably because of Heyman's hype because the only part of Benoit he emulated was the lack of personality.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Brad Maddox has nothing to do with Baron Corbin but Bard Maddox is the exact same person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Saul Goode posted:

Albright was explicitly tagged as "the next Benoit" in OVW, probably because of Heyman's hype because the only part of Benoit he emulated was the lack of personality.

That era of OVW also had two random memorys

Seth Skyfire who had small hype but i only remember for having his finisher named Driving Miss Daisy 2

And Aaron the Idol Stevens better known as :aronrex: