Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Seth Rollins: multi-time world champion on the main roster, legit main eventer
Big E Langston: Mr. Money in the Bank
Bo Dallas: recently got out from under 90-day no-compete clause
Adrian Neville: in AEW
Sami Zayn: midcarder
Kevin Owens: upper-midcarder
Finn Blor: recently called up again
Samoe Joe: authority figure in NXT
Shinsuke Nakamura: midcarder
Bobby Roode: midcarder
Drew McIntyre: multi-time world champion (but now feuding with Jinder Mahal)
Andrade "Cien" Almas: in AEW
Aleister Black: in AEW
Tommaso Ciampa: still in NXT
Johnny Gargano: still in NXT
Adam Cole: still in NXT
Keith Lee: is a guy
Karrion Kross: lost in two minutes on Raw debut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

seth rollins won't hold the title again

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
jeff hardy is better than all of them

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

NXT is a deep 10 year plot by Vince to prove that indy guys can never draw!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
how about nxt winners?

season 1 Wade Barrett: commentator for nxt
season 2 Kaval: in MLW
season 3 Kaitlyn: retired, has a clothing line
season 4 Johnny Curtis: still has two months on his non-compete
season 5: no winner

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Tabulating the NXT tag team champions across history:

Still wrestling with the WWE:
  • Adam Cole
  • Bobby Fish
  • Kyle O'Reilly
  • Roderick Strong
  • Fabian Aichner
  • Marcel Barthel
  • Nash Carter
  • Wes Lee
  • Hanson/Ivar
  • Rowe/Erik
  • Matt Riddle
  • Pete Dunne
  • Montez Ford
  • Angelo Dawkins
  • Johnny Gargano
  • Tommaso Ciampa
  • Chad Gable
  • Oney Lorcan
  • Danny Burch
  • Tyler Bate
  • Trent Seven

Fired or retired:
  • Konnor
  • Viktor
  • Dash Wilder
  • Scott Dawson
  • Buddy Murphy
  • Wesley Blake
  • Akam
  • Rezar
  • Kalisto
  • Sin Cara
  • Alexander Wolfe
  • Eric Young
  • Adrian Neville
  • Oliver Grey
  • Corey Graves
  • Jason Jordan
  • Aiden English
  • Simon Gotch
  • Fandango
  • Tyler Breeze
  • Erick Rowan
  • Luke Harper

21 former or current tag champions are still active, 22 are gone.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

who the gently caress is Oliver Grey

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Alaois posted:

Joel Redman, he wrestles in the UK and wrestled in AJPW before covid, not a nonce.

also I dont get it, but wwe for some reason doesn't list Timothy Thatcher as NXT Tag Champion even though he teamed with Riddle. also killian dain counts in the fired section, Sanity Freebird Ruled the tag titles

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jul 20, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

Joel Redman, he wrestles in the UK and wrestled in AJPW before covid, not a nonce

When was he even in NXT? by the formatting of the list I assume he was Corey Graves' partner but I thought Corey Graves retired before ever actually wrestling on NXT TV, let alone winning the tag team titles

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Alaois posted:

When was he even in NXT? by the formatting of the list I assume he was Corey Graves' partner but I thought Corey Graves retired before ever actually wrestling on NXT TV, let alone winning the tag team titles

He was actually inaugural NXT tag champs along with Neville as BRITISH AMBITION

funnily enough Neville was also Graves' partner when they won the belts

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Alaois posted:

Joel Redman is not great but he's a very solid guy & I enjoyed his team with PAC in NXT. But he was cut well before the first Takeover show. Bit bland & doesn't have much natural charisma is the biggest knock on him.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

insane how long it took Neville to find his groove. Almost an unrecognizable dude now going from a preppy dude in mighty mouse capes who didn't really speak, to a terrifying muscular hybrid flier/technician hobgoblin who told people he'd break their bones to make his bread. Can't think of anyone else on NXT who went through such a radical glowup.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it didn't take him that long after starting. you can't find a groove of any kind in wwe, or find anything on your own. not allowed

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He definitely had shades of his current character going back when he was King of the Cruiserweights and bullying all the vanilla midgets because he was as big as was legally allowed in that division. Then...uh, they decided it was a better idea if he got beaten repeatedly by Enzo and he quit

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm still utterly baffled at there being any wrestling company, let alone one of the top ones in history, that had a global talent like Pac and deliberately shelved him for over a year out of spite. How do you not know what to do with a guy who can do anything?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

I'm still utterly baffled at there being any wrestling company, let alone one of the top ones in history, that had a global talent like Pac and deliberately shelved him for over a year out of spite. How do you not know what to do with a guy who can do anything?

Vince: but look at that guy over there, hes tall

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

The Cameo posted:

Vince: but look at that guy over there, he’s tall

Are they still trying to sign Okada?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
wow I had no idea Rick Victor was FCW champion near the end

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

North American champions:

Adam Cole- still in NXT, for now, I guess
Ricochet- lower-card geek
Johnny Gargano- still in NXT, for now, I guess
Velveteen Dream- sexual predator, cut, likely won't ever wrestle mainstream again
Roderick Strong- still in NXT, wife got cut, faction partner got cut, probably hosed
Keith Lee- almost died, apparently
Damian Priest- probably wrestling John Morrison right now somewhere
Leon Ruff- cut
Bronson Reed- cut
Swerve Scott- current, still in NXT

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Women's champions:

Paige- retired
Charlotte- is Charlotte
Sasha Banks- top of card (until they forget about her)
Bayley- top of card (until they forgot about her) and now she's out forever
Asuka- ..........I kinda forgot where Asuka went? Couldn't even tell you what brand she's on
Ember Moon- back in NXT, hurt again, would be reasonable to hang em up
Shayna Baszler- hauled out whenever they want to do a Nia's Butt comedy spot or to get pinned by a doll or something
Kairi Sane- womp womp
Rhea Ripley- top of card
Io Shirai- still in NXT, prrrrrobably not long for this world down there
Raquel Gonzlez- sucks, current champ

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Forceholy posted:

Are they still trying to sign Okada?

I imagine every time they get an idea that his contract with New Japan is coming up, they send out feelers and he just laughs it off because ten minutes before he got a text from Nak saying dont listen to their lies

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Women's Tag Champions (Yes, that is an actual title. It was debuted in March. Already has changed hands 3 times)

Raquel and Dakota - They won some tournament and got screwed out of winning the WWE Women's Tag title so Regal just debuted the NXT Tag titles and awarded them. They lost them on the same show to Moon and Shotzi. Currently Dakota just turned on Raquel, current champ who sucks, and will be fighting her at the TakeOver 36

Ember Moon and Shozti Blackheart- Moon was on the main roster but I don't recall anything more. Recently got injured again that prevented her to be called up to team with Shotzi. Think she just got injured again? Shotzi is on SmackDown teaming with Teagan Nox (Now only Nox). It's only been a few weeks but their biggest highlight is firing Shotzi's tank and hitting Corbin in the nuts. Oh and Shotzi doesn't have a last name anymore

Candice and Indi - Candice just announced today she is pregnant (or has been for a bit) so she won't be doing anything much for a while. She wasn't really doing anything in the first place beside stopping the love that is Index. Indi's big thing is her deep love for Dexter Lumis. She just went out on a date with him this past Wednesday. (some of it has be funny imo)

Io Shirai and Zoey Stark - Io was women's champ for a long time and sadly dropped it to Raquel. She loving rules but given how WWE is cutting people she may not be there long. Zoey Stark I know nothing about beside the skit they did last week that made her look racist. Zoey wants to really be friends with Io and Io does not

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
io is way too good for wwe nxt

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
They should have given Neville more steroids, if you ask me

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Edward Mass posted:

Bobby Roode: midcarder

this is generous

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I will never be shocked that somebody with such disdain for his own creation that he invented a euphamism to describe it could either fail to understand a wrestler's potential or see it and make an active effort to destroy it. Nor will I be shocked to see somebody that values control over creativity destroy the creative impulse in another in an effort to control them.

Daniel Bryan's run was when I finally understood that they do this on purpose.

Unrelated: Honestly that's a better track record for nXt champions than I thought.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 13, 2021

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Bobby Roodes still there?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

edogawa rando posted:

Bobby Roodes still there?

you mean one half of the Dirty Dawgz ??

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Glorious

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Now do every former FCW champion.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

edogawa rando posted:

Now do every former FCW champion.

why the gently caress not, I'm not doing anything today

FCW FLORIDA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION
-Jake Hager - smoked himself out of his title push, had an MMA career more notable for repeatedly kneeing a dude in the dick than any of his wins, became the member of the inner circle everyone wiltingly accepts even though they don't like it

-Sheamus - an acceptable middle-of-the-road WWE career

-Eric Escobar - showed up on Smackdown for about five minutes in a Vickie Guerrero angle before getting released and returning mostly to wrestling in Puerto Rico

-Joe Hennig - became Curtis Axel, was more or less a constant jobber for half a decade, highlight of his career is winning a match because Triple H got the vapors, covid released

-Drew McIntyre - got humiliated in the WWE, left, became a giant deal on the independents, came back to the WWE, was champion through the very unfortunate covid era, has a very large sword

-Tyler Reks - did basically nothing, was the less successful half of a tag team with Curt Hawkins, got fired

-Heath Miller - turned into Heath Slater, the WWE's most prolific jobber of the 21st century, repeatedly won the fans over and got crapped on for it, covid released

-Justin Angel - Justin Gabriel, got chumped out in the Nexus angle and never recovered, left to become The Darewolf, can't stop almost killing himself doing dumb poo poo

-Alex Riley - has really important things to tell you about why Chris Jericho is personally keeping him from saving the world by holding a rap concert on top of the border wall

-Mason Ryan - flamed out astonishingly fast, famous solely for looking vaguely like Batista, had a longer and more lucrative career working for cirque du soleil

-Bo Rotundo - actually won the FCW title as both Bo Rotundo AND Bo Dallas, was taken seriously on the main roster for roughly five minutes, was various shades of loser chump for seven years, covid released

-Lucky Cannon - made it to the game show era of NXT, had a fight with Yoshi Tatsu for the affections of Maryse, got fired before ever making it to the main roster, retired in 2011

-Leo Kruger - fka Adam Rose, got the comedy death party gimmick, joined the Slater/Dallas loser gang for his entire career, got into a public snit with the WWE for being wellness-policied over prescription medication and was then fired over a domestic assault

-Mike Dalton - became Tyler Breeze, was an NXT standout who immediately sunk on the main roster and never recovered, got thrown into comedy hell, did a lot of funny stuff, became the WWE's second-most beloved video game player, covid released, has opinions about how the WWE is fine and people whine too much

-Seth Rollins - followed in Triple H's footsteps by successfully marrying up

-Rick Victor - went on to NXT fame with The Ascension, got brought up to the main roster and treated like a real threat for maybe two segments, at which point they got inexplicably ultra-buried and never clawed their way back out, main roster highlight was being in the Fashion Files vignettes, fired unceremoniously

-Richie Steamboat - hung around long enough for the FCW->NXT transition and did a couple dark matches on the main roster but injured his back and had to retire, ending the FCW title lineage in darkness and shadow

FCW SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

-Harry Smith - got called up to ECW, formed the Hart Dynasty and technically held the final unified tag title reign, learned to hate wrestling thanks to the WWE, got released, went to NJPW, became a thing again, has now re-signed with the WWE because he no longer remembers the hot stove is hot

-Afa Jr. - became Manu and joined up with Legacy, the stable intended to showcase the generational future of the WWE who gradually fired every one of them but Randy Orton, got released fairly quickly and has been on the independents for the last eleven years

-TJ Wilson - becamse Tyson Kidd, had a respectable tag career until a neck injury forced him to retire, is largely credited with helping the development of the women's divisions, will probably never get fired from backstage positions for fear of the giant fuckoff lawsuit he could launch

-Ted DiBiase Jr. - had a lower-midcard run on the main roster with Legacy and Cody, brought back the million dollar belt for awhile, elected not to renew his contract in 2013 after realizing he hated everything he was doing and the WWE

-Heath Miller - see above

-Jake Hager - see above

FCW JACK BRISCO 15 CHAMPIONSHIP

-Seth Rollins - see above

-Damien Sandow - had a decent main roster run as both half of the Rhodes Scholars and Miz's stunt double, had his legs cut out from him immediately anytime he wasn't doing either of those things, was released in 2016 and immediately killed his own reputation as a legitimately wasted talent by having one of the worst post-WWE careers ever including an honest to god Liberace gimmick in 2017, currently a mainstay for NWA Powerrr

-Richie Steamboat - see above

-Brad Maddox - was inexplicably brought up to the main roster as a referee and then a referee-turned-jobber, became onscreen general manager for years and had a career of basically just getting his rear end kicked by various people, got fired for randomly angering vince mcmahon by calling the audience pricks, did one match for MPW and never wrestled again

FCW FLORIDA TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
there are sixty-four people on this list, if anyone really cares I will do it but this is already so long for a thing that was only requested as a joke

FCW DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP

-Naomi Knight: became Naomi of the Funkadactyls followed by Naomi of the "why won't they push Naomi"

-AJ Lee: was mostly booked on the main roster as a crazy manic pixie character, was ultimately ahead of her time as an actual wrestler on the women's roster, publicly advocated for the division to get the chance it deserved but retired before the WWE could catch up with her from a combination of a back injury and the whole 'the WWE fired my husband at our wedding' thing

-Aksana: one of the last wrestlers of the WWE divas era, was on the main roster for almost three years and never really looked like she knew what she was doing, her main roster highlight is either cuckolding Teddy Long with Cesaro or almost ending Naomi's career by breaking her face with a kneedrop

-Audrey Marie: never really moved much further than developmental, somehow recorded wins over Paige, Sasha Banks and Emma during her developmental time, released in 2013, quit the business

-Raquel Diaz: longest-reigning FCW women's champion, moved to NXT and became Shaul Guerrero the Ultra Diva, had some level of interest in the first days of NXT only to abruptly leave the company, come back a year later, have one match and leave again, returned to the indies last year

-Caylee Turner: hey, I didn't know Alicia fox had a sister; final FCW Divas champion, wrestled exactly one match in NXT, got fired while still FCW champion meaning the belt disappeared into nothingness; wrestled one match for TNA in 2012 and quit the business

QUEEN OF FCW, WHICH IS A DIFFERENT WOMEN'S CHAPMIONSHIP EXCEPT YOU GET A TIARA INSTEAD OF A BELT, gently caress

-Angela Fong: better known as backstage interviewer and ring announcer Savannah, never actually wrestled for NXT or appeared on WWE television, got released, showed up in Lucha Underground as Black Lotus, inactive for the past half decade

-Mia Mancini: became much better known as Serena Deeb, had a brief run on the main roster as part of the Straight Edge Society with CM Punk and Luke Gallows, despite all of this had exactly one televised match with the WWE before getting released because Vince got mad she was drinking in public during her straight-edge gimmick, became a successful indie wrestler, got brought back for the Mae Young Classic and as a women's coach, got covid released, currently absolutely loving killing it with AEW

-AJ Lee: see above

-Rosa Mendes: one of the longest WWE tenures: joined developmental thanks to the 2006 diva search, was in developmental so long ago she actually won the OVW women's title back when they were still the WWE's farm brand, called up to the main roster in 2008 and hung around never really accomplishing much as a wrestler but being featured in various roles until she went on maternity leave in 2016 and her contract expired in 2017, had two indie matches in 2018 and never came back

-Aksana: see above

-Raquel Diaz: see above

So after a decade of operation that honestly really wasn't that long ago, of the dozens of people who held singles gold in FCW developmental, the total of who is still on the WWE's active roster today amounts to

1: Sheamus
2: Seth Rollins
3: Drew McIntyre, who got fired for half of said time
4: Naomi

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Brad Maddox was the proto-Baron Corbin, if not the same person.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
OVW was wwe's developmental territory from July 10, 1999 to 2008, run by Jim Cornette. here are its men's world champions.

Damaja - aka Danny Basham. won the WWE tag titles twice. was part of jbl's Cabinet.

Rob Conway - the only english-american member of french-canadian stable La Resistance. personally fired by Vince McMahon live on Raw. was NWA world champion in 2013.

Rico Constantino aka Rico - was given an exotico gimmick. was tag champion twice. surprisingly old (born in '61).

Nick Dinsmore - was Eugene.

Flash Flanagan - had one match on Raw, three on Shotgun Saturday Night. all losses.

Doug Basham - an actual Basham unlike Danny.

Leviathan - rose from the Ohio River wearing a speedo. became Batista.

The Prototype - some guy

Nova - ecw's SuperNova and later, ecw's Simon Dean.

John Jeter - Johnny of the Spirit Squad. was sent back to ovw in a crate.

Mark Magnus - debuted on wwe as Muhammad Hassan, a gimmick so bad the tv network told wwe to take him off tv.

Matt Morgan - tall. was given a stuttering gimmick which surprisingly did not get over. had a pretty decent TNA run. now a florida republican mayor linked to Matt Gaetz and Joel Greenberg.

Chris Cage - no relation to Christian Cage. renamed Caylen Croft, one half of the DudeBusters.

Chad Toland - renamed to Chad Dick of the Dicks on Smackdown.

Elijah Burke - aka D'Angelo Dinero. mostly wrestled for wwecw, and then tna.

Brent Albright - never heard of this guy. was thrown into a bodybag by the Great Khali.

Matt Cappotelli - won Tough Enough 3 with John Morisson. was beaten up by Bob Holly on the show. never appeared on wwe tv due to health issues. passed away of a brain tumour in 2018.

Cm Punk - is Cm Punk

Chet the Jett - doesnt have a wikipedia page

Jacob Duncan - dunno who this is either

Paul Burchill - pirate. likes his sister.

Cody Runnels - died recently

Aaron Stevens - aka Damien Sandow. won MITB one year. cashed in on a tired Cena and lost. was more over than Miz while paired together. released anyway.

Jay Bradley - aka Ryan Braddock. who are these guys?

Vladimir Kozlov - kicked rear end but got paired with Santino. does Russian commentary for tna impact wrestling.

Michael Washington Kruel - another guy without a wikipedia page. scraping the bottom of the ohio valley.

Matt Sydal - Evan Borne in wwe. tag champs with Kofi Kingston. still having awesome matches over a decade later.

Ryback - appeared as Skip Sheffield on nxt tv. returned as Ryback with an undefeated streak, until they rushed him into a gently caress finish hell in a cell match with CM Punk. sucks.

Anthony Bravado - bodybuilder type who retired in 2009 to focus on bodybuilding.

and there you have it. Jim cornette was a pretty good talent scout.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Edward Mass posted:

Brad Maddox was the proto-Baron Corbin, if not the same person.

as the worlds foremost Brad Maddox aficionado I have no idea what Brad Maddox and Baron Corbin have in common

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pamela Springstein posted:

and there you have it. Jim cornette was a pretty good talent scout.

Not sure you can really give credit to Cornette for the scouting aspect of most of the OVW guys. Was definitely a big part of the training aspect and the booking aspect of it until 2005.

Chet the Jett was Chet Jablonski who was sent to FCW when things changed over and lasted about a year there. Did a few indie matches after that.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Aug 15, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Bard Maddox posted:

as the worlds foremost Brad Maddox aficionado I have no idea what Brad Maddox and Baron Corbin have in common

They're both capital-g Guys.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.

Bard Maddox posted:

Never mind. Got this wrong.

Fad
Nov 13, 2002

I dont care.
Double post

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You forgot about the Brad Maddox Sex Tapes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Didn't Brent Albright have a cup of coffee with ROH?