Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
This is my bedpan, this is my diape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Nurses are either literal angels on earth or people who hosed around with selling keto powders through facebook MLMs until marrying in their late 20s and taking an accelerated nursing course and are now considered a leading medical authority by the rest of their #momlife posse.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's a weird gripe, those hussies marrying in their late 20s :argh:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's a weird gripe, those hussies marrying in their late 20s :argh:

Nobody said anything about hussies.

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

my coworker's wife is a cool nurse and he sometimes contacts her to confirm things like "covid is real" and "you don't catch a cold from cold weather" during workplace conversations that would otherwise make me want to hang myself in a stairwell

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
My aunt is a nurse in the Casualty Ward in a hospital that sits between the two biggest heroin hotspots in N. Ireland. She says that tv shows like Casualty and ER are tame compared to what really happens. One time she had this young guy in with two broken legs. He ran out in the middle of the road and got hit by a car. She had to cut his jeans off with scissors. She found two little plastic bags of off-white powder taped around his ankles. She had no other option, either call the police or lose her job. When she went back to check on the guy he looked at her nametag and said "I will find you, [NAME REDACTED]!"

That's the sort of thing she deals with every day. She is a hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Slugworth posted:

I like that one hospital that's about to fire half it's nursing staff because they refuse to get the covid vaccine because it'll make them magnetic.

between the number of good nurses who are quitting because delta wave unvaccinated idiots are burning out their souls, and the mediocre nurses getting fired for being antivaxxers themselves, I hope nobody here is planning on emergency medical treatment in the next year or two