Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
endless screaming 24/7 blood, poo poo, death and combat

i can't elaborate further because i'm not a nurse, i just have friends who are. but that is my hypothesis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Are you saying nurses should be allowed to kill some folks now and then for a more complete experience?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Thanks mate

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
If it weren’t for nurses I wouldn’t know that amethyst crystals can enhance my immune system. I think they might even synergize with my jo crystal. If anyone has 20 minutes tonight we can see what happens

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I have a friend who's a nurse and I loving hate her and hope she dies. An anti-vaxxer and a coke fiend and a weed thief whose car is never without an open bottle of wine or beer. I guess I could blame capitalism for her problems but I prefer just to believe she's a huge bitch.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Nurses are basically middle management at hospitals and most of the work is done by cnas barely making a living wage so gently caress hospitals like every thing else hth

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Nurses are having a loving time rn with overloaded hospitals from dumbasses who are dying from their own goddamn proud ignorance. My ma was a nurse for 30 years, I dont envy a single one and I hope for them.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I have a friend who's a nurse and I loving hate her and hope she dies. An anti-vaxxer and a coke fiend and a weed thief whose car is never without an open bottle of wine or beer. I guess I could blame capitalism for her problems but I prefer just to believe she's a huge bitch.

:confused: why are you friends with this person?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

:confused: why are you friends with this person?

I'm not but I didn't feel like saying "My dad's ex-girlfriend"

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Nurse wipe my rear end!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Dear Watson posted:

If it weren’t for nurses I wouldn’t know that amethyst crystals can enhance my immune system. I think they might even synergize with my jo crystal. If anyone has 20 minutes tonight we can see what happens

meet me at temple square

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
omw (on my way)

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Dear Watson posted:

How am I supposed to jerk off 10 times?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Time_pants posted:

How am I supposed to jerk off 10 times?

Did you not read the part about the amethyst crystals?

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

1redflag posted:

Did you not read the part about the amethyst crystals?

Obviously I skimmed past that part. You son of a bitch, I'm in!!

Robin Williams
Aug 11, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
When a hospital closes the nurses get to shoot all the animals.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They do function a lot like soldiers if you think about it. They steal our poo poo to give it to the rich.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Nurses are the best and soldiers are the worst

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
A nurse that doesn't sell drugs on the side? Does such a thing even exist??

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Trying to staple idiots together is not the same as killing people for a living, imo.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Weka posted:

Trying to staple idiots together is not the same as killing people for a living, imo.

Shooting bullets into people and stitching up wounds are like yin and yang, you need both. Let's not judge the bullet people so hastily. And you try wiping out a village in north african temperatures, it takes gumption

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

ProperCoochie posted:

A nurse that doesn't sell drugs on the side? Does such a thing even exist??

Never trust a nurse who isn't a pusher or a vampire, they must be hiding something bad.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I like that one hospital that's about to fire half it's nursing staff because they refuse to get the covid vaccine because it'll make them magnetic.

naem
May 29, 2011

my military experience involved a lot of hiding in a basement storage closet with a bunch of people I’d never in a million years chose to socialize with, holding a clipboard (so it looks like we’re doing something) so that we aren’t forced to clean

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Toadie - which was his name, but I'm sure the spelling was wrong, was an interesting motherfucker. And by interesting I mean weird. Thankfully he wasn't in my squad but boy did we hear about him.

Toadie had not masturbated before. Not once. He was rather proud of this, at his 19 years of age. Never having busted a nut before, he was ready to go and shoot non-Christians (his words) over in the desert somewhere (also his words). Unfortunately, military life was not for Toadie.

He was also one of those dudes that was built to be one of those PT success stories in the army; long legs for all that pointless running, rake thin with short arms and a short body for pushups and situps. He was, however, not a PT stud. Not even close. This was evidenced one day when one drill sergeant convinced him to touch another drill sergeant's hat. There comes the shark attack and the smoking. Did you know that an apparent side effect of a bunch of 8 count pushups and then Y-squats makes you poo poo your pants? No, neither did I, but that didn't stop Toadie.

Life for him remains relatively uneventful, except for quick little extra smokings for him every so often. He squeals like a 10 year old girl getting beaten with hammers when he does anything that sounds like physical activity. It sounded like a dude was dying, and when everyone realized he was just a bitch, it was just plain hilarious.

Half way through basic, someone obviously convinces he should just go beat his meat. So he does. Shoots his load into a wadded up piece of toilet paper... then shows his squad leader with a huge poo poo eating grin on his face, even when he freaks out and threatens to beat his rear end. He just wanders off and shows a bunch of other people, for whatever reason.

We're out at an FTX, and he's been busted wearing his IBA without plates, and running his ruck light as gently caress. He has to wear his IBA with plates at all time, even when in the big group tent. He walks outside for some reason, no IBA on. He gets the rear end in a top hat smoked out of him, his bitch screams echoing across the camp, everyone laughing.

So we get onto driving tanks around a closed course. It ain't hard, and a couple of guys show some real talent driving these tanks fast as gently caress on the road course. These people were not Toadie. He creeps around the course at 10 miles an hour, weaving back and forth all over the place like an crazy woman's poo poo, the TC screaming at him for being a god drat idiot the entire time. When it comes time to park it, he doesn't even want him to do that. Just to pull up near the other tanks, and he will take it from there. Stop Toadie. Stop Toadie. STOP TOADIE. HOLY gently caress STOP THE loving TANK TOADIE. Alas, Toadie forget what the brake is (the brake pedal, just like a car) and smashes one tank into another. Front skirt meets front skirt, and a lot of damage is done. He's in trouble for this, but it's coming up to about 3 weeks out, so they really don't want to kick him out.

Okay, so final PT test is done, he has passed - barely. We've got M9 qual that day, then off for a week long FTX, then we are motherfucking done. During the M9 qual, Toadie, for some reason, could not understand the concept of the slide release catch. But he would never slingshot it, oh no. He would use some kind of gimpy backhanded kind of way to rack the weapon, and at the same time points it at a drill sergeant.

He's warned once. He does it again. He's warned twice. And this time, he does it again, safety off, mag in, finger on the trigger, right at the drill sergeant. Drill sergeant loses his poo poo, and is holding a half meter diameter wooden range card, and smashes it over his head. Range card is in pieces, Toadie skids about three feet on his face into the dirt, M9 goes flying. The CO sees this, and with 2 weeks to go, flips his poo poo, throws him in the duty truck, and chapters his rear end. Toadie is off to the house, where he will no longer have a chance to shoot non-Christians over in the desert somewhere.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Tell me how being a nurse is comparable to that and I will (maybe) forever sing your praises forever like Socrates getting someone else to figure out if objects are pious because they are holy or if objects are holy because they are pious OP

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

helloo nurse!

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
ten hut
was a butt

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

I thank your friend for their service

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I'm a CMA partnered with an LPN and she was telling me the other day that she doesn't believe in vaccinating her kids, while we were in the process of giving this 2 year old 5 different shots.

Also, we're not allowed to ask patients' their vaccination status anymore (for any vaccine) because an extremely wealthy patient recently bitched that we were violating his HIPAA rights by asking. And it quickly made its way up the hospital's chain of command.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pimpcasso posted:

Nurses are basically middle management at hospitals and most of the work is done by cnas barely making a living wage so gently caress hospitals like every thing else hth

I have never seen a CNA that wasn’t just an rear end wiper and patient mover and I’ve seen a lot of hospitals.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I have never seen a CNA that wasn’t just an rear end wiper and patient mover and I’ve seen a lot of hospitals.

what do you think real work is

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I mostly think it’s just funny that’s usually a statement that gets made about doctors and RNs, but now they’ve bumped it down a tier.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Dear Watson posted:

Sorry it takes at least 40 minutes for me for there to be even a chance of anything but air coming out

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Mooey Cow posted:

Sorry it takes at least 40 minutes for me for there to be even a chance of anything but air coming out

No man, I made a similar mistake. Go back and read the part about the amethyst crystals. They've got it covered.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I think the amethyst is a suppository

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Today I learned that having a desk job in the military involves endless screaming, blood, poo poo, death and combat.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

That sounds perfectly normal for your daily drive to work though

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I mostly think it’s just funny that’s usually a statement that gets made about doctors and RNs, but now they’ve bumped it down a tier.
CNAs are basically glorified middle management. Janitors get all the real work done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

This is my bedpan. there are many like it but this one's mine. My bedpan is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as i must master my life. Without me, my bedpan is useless