Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sucking off all the nectarines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

All this retrojank game talk has me thinking about firing up Gothic and running around selling weed

Tha chill rear end weed smoking swamp cult

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

this thread smells of ash yams

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Weed smok 🚬 in that swamp

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
They call it The Sleeper because the mf is blasted on swampweed all the time

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTeVz6rP6r4

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

i saw a mudcrab the other day

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

lol I was thinking about posting the filthy rich track earlier and here you go posting the whole ep

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

Saalkin posted:

i saw a mudcrab the other day

that's oblivion bith

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

horrible awfull fucing vile little shits of creatures gently caress i hope someone kills them all god vuvkign drat~

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Put some tits on that mudcrab.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I said "There are a few ways we can do this and the choice. is. yours." to a coworker today and they got. the. reference. It made me so happy I'm commiting necromancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiWR_Cga9HQ

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZfB3UzqscY

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

I said "There are a few ways we can do this and the choice. is. yours." to a coworker today and they got. the. reference. It made me so happy I'm commiting necromancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-vyKkOZ_JY

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i liked the one way dungeons in daggerfall

so many people were excited for that game and took time off work to end up stuck in a random dungeon that had no exit until a patch came out a week later

Ez8
Aug 5, 2004
WEALTH BEYOND MEASURE, OUTLANDER!!!!!

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

that's oblivion bith

n'wah!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Soul Dentist posted:

Nicely done on the bump 🤙 (outlander...)

Philthy posted:

so many people were excited for that game and took time off work to end up stuck in a random dungeon that had no exit until a patch came out a week later

How did patches work back then, just a file downloaded from the company? I was a console kid until buying Morrowind as my first PC game

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I'm gay, Outlander

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Analytic Engine posted:

How did patches work back then, just a file downloaded from the company? I was a console kid until buying Morrowind as my first PC game

you had to go out and download it from bethesda

i have a memory of getting turok rage wars for christmas and there was a bug in the cartridge that made co op campaign unwinnable. my dad flipped his poo poo

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Yeah but have you played Garfield Kart, OP?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Private Cumshoe posted:

Yeah but have you played Garfield Kart, OP?

not yet, only Bloodborne Kart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8HypcdHKNg

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Philthy posted:

you had to edit some file to enable the cheat mode and you could use [ and ] to cycle through potential quest locations. And the 1 button gave you superspeed. I will be on my deathbed riddled with dementia and somehow that knowledge will still be there right at the top

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Guildenstern Mother posted:

you had to edit some file to enable the cheat mode and you could use [ and ] to cycle through potential quest locations. And the 1 button gave you superspeed. I will be on my deathbed riddled with dementia and somehow that knowledge will still be there right at the top

Hahaha yeah eventually I just started hitting [ and ] as soon as I entered a dungeon because young me was impatient

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

~
tgm

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The cliff racers were originally men that looked like Stringer Bell that would appear in the wild rubbing their hands and bobbing their heads with voice barks like "Let me take a look at that dick" or "What that smell like" but they realized that this would intimidate players fresh out of Seyda Neen so they replaced them with cliff racers. Unfortunately they never adjusted the spawn rate so there's the same amount of cliff racers as there would have been grounded dudes looking to peep cock and get a whiff

This post is gonna live rent free in my head for a bit good job lsbb

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Which in my mind always stood for "The Gelder Molls"

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Awwwww that's hot, that's hot!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Analytic Engine posted:

bbs's is where most of them were and on public ftp sites if you had internet access somehow

i dont remember how many were on the internet back in 96.. i was on in 1990 through a hacked university dialup account and then ISDN in 93 and eventually a cable modem in 99.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

this is 100% true.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Daggerfall unity also rocks btw and actually makes it playable if you have never bothered to beat it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Lawman 0 posted:

Daggerfall unity also rocks btw and actually makes it playable if you have never bothered to beat it.

This is what finally got me to try Daggerfall.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Literally A Person posted:

This is what finally got me to try Daggerfall.

it's amazing how just ticking "smaller dungeons" and fixing the bugs makes it a pretty ok game.

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
I’ll never forget cheesing Umbra in this game with fireballs until he died. It was the first time I ever remember “cheating” in the game and I was so happy I beat him and also kind of ashamed of myself lol. drat young me loved the gently caress out of this game.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

The cliff racers were originally men that looked like Stringer Bell that would appear in the wild rubbing their hands and bobbing their heads with voice barks like "Let me take a look at that dick" or "What that smell like" but they realized that this would intimidate players fresh out of Seyda Neen so they replaced them with cliff racers. Unfortunately they never adjusted the spawn rate so there's the same amount of cliff racers as there would have been grounded dudes looking to peep cock and get a whiff

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Everyone who seems to have a lot of fun with these games embraces the silliness and jank.

More power to them. I've never made it longer than 2 hours in any Elder Scrolls game without wanting to take a nap.