Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
fun stuff :) thank you again icephoenix!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Puppy Doll posted:

Third from last! Can't say I didn't wish I did better, but I'm choosing to interpret this as AEW keeping me on my toes. :)

Talking about third from last there were a few C.M. Punk match placement predictions that were marked as wrong incorrectly using that terminology.

(Third to last and Third from last should be the same thing i.e. if we're counting from the main event, the C.M. Punk match would be the third match, which it was).

bartok is marked as correct for third from last and comes in at 11th.

Here are the posters who have had a false negative counted:

Duke Pukem
fez_machine (myself)
Nea
Wazzu
fluffy bunnies

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'll go through and check it tomorrow, I'm guessing they mostly got sorted into the 3's when I was scoring it

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think when someone gets last place they should become forum-banned from here

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

graph posted:

fun stuff :) thank you again icephoenix!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

i think when someone gets last place they should become forum-banned from here

A PPV Themed 6-er at least.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm happy to have 76 points. I'm baffled I voted for Kojima going over Mox. What the gently caress was I thinking?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm happy to have 76 points. I'm baffled I voted for Kojima going over Mox. What the gently caress was I thinking?

You were thinking of bread and the power it can give a person. And the big beefy arms of Satoshi Kojima.

Mox doesn't even like bread and didn't post beef arm pics.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

IGgy IGsen posted:

You were thinking of bread and the power it can give a person. And the big beefy arms of Satoshi Kojima.

Mox doesn't even like bread and didn't post beef arm pics.

I guess I just thought it would be the polite thing to do. Invite someone over and have them lose, so rude.

Has anyone noticed that of 214 participants, only 3 expected Christian to be their new AEW champion.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

Let it be known that I will never do this well at a prediction game ever again.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Shamed again!

Had fun though, so in a way, we all win.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It’s funny to me that the most “obvious” card that AEW has put on is also the best one. Giving the people what they expect is a good idea apparently.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jordan7hm posted:

It’s funny to me that the most “obvious” card that AEW has put on is also the best one. Giving the people what they expect is a good idea apparently.

What's really kind of weird and fun and ridiculous is that there have been a TON of big moments in AEW's history that were very obviously telegraphed and were going to happen. Everyone knew Britt would win the Women's Title when she did. I think everyone probably assumed different title changes with Kenny & Hangman, and then Jericho/Mox/Kenny. But, even when things feel obvious things are still a little unpredictable and fun enough for every match to have that "what if" feeling, so you're never *really* sure even if you tell yourself you are. I guess it just comes from building everyone up and not making anyone look like goobers, but they've hit this really cool thing where the obvious thing to happen doesn't feel like a letdown or boring when it does happen.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
If I had made correct predictions, I would have more points :mad:

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ganso Bomb posted:

What's really kind of weird and fun and ridiculous is that there have been a TON of big moments in AEW's history that were very obviously telegraphed and were going to happen. Everyone knew Britt would win the Women's Title when she did. I think everyone probably assumed different title changes with Kenny & Hangman, and then Jericho/Mox/Kenny. But, even when things feel obvious things are still a little unpredictable and fun enough for every match to have that "what if" feeling, so you're never *really* sure even if you tell yourself you are. I guess it just comes from building everyone up and not making anyone look like goobers, but they've hit this really cool thing where the obvious thing to happen doesn't feel like a letdown or boring when it does happen.

I think it’s two things. They’ve done some swerves to establish that nothing is 100% and you always need to have that sliver of doubt, which helps immensely with near falls.

And then even when youre 99% certain what will happen, you want to see how they get there. We all “knew” Kenny was going to win. We all also knew that it would be a banger of a match, and we didn’t know exactly how they would finish it. It’s more about the journey than the destination. You can have bad or nonexistent stories and still have great wrestling that I want to watch. If the wrestling is atrocious I don’t care how good the stories are.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Sometimes the best swerve is no swerve at all.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I did pretty good considering I started watching this promotion like two weeks ago.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

CaptainApathyUK posted:

Let it be known that I will never do this well at a prediction game ever again.

Truth. (why did i pick HFO winning what was I thinking?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

bartok posted:

Sometimes the best swerve is no swerve at all.

A true mark swerves themself.