Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Welcome once again to the AEW Prediction Game!

Prediction Sheet can be found here - https://forms.gle/SENXwEM8GPvQSHNw6

A little bit of a different format this time. I'm going to be at the show (:woop:) so no open predictions because lmfao if you think I'm going to be able to remember enough of the specifics of the show to score them. This also means that scoring won't be done until after I get home, as well.

But since they're not part of the game itself, drop your open predictions in the thread instead so we can all marvel or make fun of each other for our amazing and terrible predictions.

Davros1 posted:

re: The final question.

If someone is taking a move off the top of the cage (i.e. taking a superplex, or a hurricarana) does that count as "doing a move off the top of the cage", or are we only counting someone performing the offensive part of the move?

Good question. They both would count.

Also for the World Title question: interfering with interferers also counts (so if Cutler tries to do something and Kaz attacks him that's 2)

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Sep 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

If someone is taking a move off the top of the cage (i.e. taking a superplex, or a hurricarana) does that count as "doing a move off the top of the cage", or are we only counting someone performing the offensive part of the move?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Davros1 posted:

Good question. They both would count.

Also for the World Title question: interfering with interferers also counts (so if Cutler tries to do something and Kaz attacks him that's 2)

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Open prediction: Punk will do the Pepsi Plunge.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I predict Billy Gunn and his scumbag sons will make QT fameass.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
can't wait to be wrong about everything again

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I always like looking at other people's responses https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfS5cXD_C4cZNqb11r_oAl8K-Kb3PcqQqckcMZRrBgWxZnmgA/viewanalytics
This time around my predictions are closer to those of the rest. Then again, last time I entered the predictions without having watched Dynamite in like three months.

Open Prediction? Kojima will rep Bread Club.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Decided to not go wild with the predictions this time around.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I am ready to lose :cool:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
this was fun again, thanks for doing this

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

every time I look at this card I get excited

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My open prediction is that CM Punk will catch a Coffin Drop into the Anaconda Vice. I've seen that spot in my head since the match was announced, it makes too much sense

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Rarity posted:

My open prediction is that CM Punk will catch a Coffin Drop into the Anaconda Vice. I've seen that spot in my head since the match was announced, it makes too much sense

Bonus points if Excalibur works in a Tenzan ref because Kojima's there

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
My open prediction is that the Tall Paul chant will not catch on, and SRS will be very disappointed as a result.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IGgy IGsen posted:

I always like looking at other people's responses https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfS5cXD_C4cZNqb11r_oAl8K-Kb3PcqQqckcMZRrBgWxZnmgA/viewanalytics
This time around my predictions are closer to those of the rest. Then again, last time I entered the predictions without having watched Dynamite in like three months.

Open Prediction? Kojima will rep Bread Club.

I like the Joker results which is just one lone vote for Mickie James and then a dozen variations on Ruby Soho

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

By the way, waiting until Rampage to make your guesses is cheating.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Rarity posted:

I like the Joker results which is just one lone vote for Mickie James and then a dozen variations on Ruby Soho
That means it'll be Mickie James for sure.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

Really, aside from the "how many" bets and the battle royale which don't count due to multiple options, the only thing people are seriously divided on is the MJF/Jericho match.

It's interesting that this feels like it'll be a really predictable card in terms of results (although Tony could always pull out a surprise) but there's still a ton of hype for it due to what will be some great matches, CM Punk's first match, and some expected surprise debuts.

I'm bummed that Andrade/PAC is off the card, I was really looking forward to that one, but poo poo happens.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I voted Christian.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ThePariah posted:

I voted Christian.

You are the one person who has done that at the moment and I admire you for it

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

COLTON GUNN will easily defeat Paul Wight but it will count as a win for QT.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm sorta surprised that Miro/Kingston isn't disputed. I'm very unsure of that one.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ThePariah posted:

I voted Christian.

That kind of take might make you... a pariah

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'm bummed that Andrade/PAC is off the card, I was really looking forward to that one, but poo poo happens.

wait really? I missed that, that sucks. Have they rescheduled it yet? Because Andrade needs to do something soon, Malakai's K:D ratio is higher now and he's been in AEW for what feels like way less time.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'm glad someone else also did the Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho joke. :unsmith:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Lethrom posted:

wait really? I missed that, that sucks. Have they rescheduled it yet? Because Andrade needs to do something soon, Malakai's K:D ratio is higher now and he's been in AEW for what feels like way less time.

It happened last night, rescheduled to a Dynamite sometime down the road. Everyone's presuming it's a travel issue w/ getting PAC back from the UK but I don't know if that's been confirmed. The Battle Royale has been promoted to the main card, and the HFO v. Best Friends and Jurassic Express 8-man tag is now the Buy In.

Lethrom
Jul 12, 2010

karmicknight posted:

I'm glad someone else also did the Ruby Ruby Ruby Ruby Soho joke. :unsmith:

:hfive:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My open prediction is that Daniel Bryan will be on the rafters, and after the main event, the cage will descend a second time with him riding it. Caging Kenny as it were and challenging him for Rampage.

Here's the link with our votes so far
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfS5cXD_C4cZNqb11r_oAl8K-Kb3PcqQqckcMZRrBgWxZnmgA/viewanalytics

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

don't look at peoples answers. it's creepy

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

It happened last night, rescheduled to a Dynamite sometime down the road. Everyone's presuming it's a travel issue w/ getting PAC back from the UK but I don't know if that's been confirmed. The Battle Royale has been promoted to the main card, and the HFO v. Best Friends and Jurassic Express 8-man tag is now the Buy In.

Specifically, Tony Khan quoted travel issues in the announcement tweet, which is why the speculation is Pac related.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Senno ecto gammat. Ecto gammat!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

karmicknight posted:

Specifically, Tony Khan quoted travel issues in the announcement tweet, which is why the speculation is Pac related.

Andrade also blamed PAC in his response, partly to get heat

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Vince McMahon is holding Charlotte hostage and demanding Andrade stay home to secure her safety

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I voted for a heel clean sweep (excluding the matches without heels of course) but I think I'll be wrong about exactly one of them. I didn't want to try to guess which because then I'd probably be wrong twice. I'm guessing it will be Jericho/MJF. Forcing Jericho to stay retired due to a stipulation if he wants to come back in a year and have a dream match is suboptimal. And I think they're laying in the "THE FINAL MATCH' a little thick. I don't think it will be Eddy/Miro because I'm not voting for the guy who never wins beating the guy who never loses. At this point I'm not voting against the Bucks. And there's no way Kenny or Britt lose.

Punk/Darby on last to send the crowd home happy after a bunch of heel wins.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
You assholes better watch out! I'm actually going to win this time!!

Puppy Doll
Dec 20, 2011

Hey everybody!
My first time participating in a prediction game! I hope I don't do too terribly!

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

This isn't about doing well.

It's about doing.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

IGgy IGsen posted:

This isn't about doing well.

It's about doing.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mr. Squishy posted:

I'm sorta surprised that Miro/Kingston isn't disputed. I'm very unsure of that one.

I just feel like it’s not time for Miro to lose, but I’d be happy to be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Open prediction: someone's gonna interfere in the cage match. They've been laying it on real thick about the cage blocking all possibility of interference.