Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

shoes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Professor Shark posted:

Zoomers wear them with socks now, they dgaf what Boomers and Millenials think about them

It makes me physically angry when I see this or Birkenstocks with socks

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Suck my croc OP

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Crocs are the best campsite shoes. They're comfy, can work with socks or not. Better at keeping rocks out than flip flops or sandals.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I can't stand their texture so I won't wear them wretched OP

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

old beast lunatic posted:

They're comfy, can work with socks or not. Better at keeping rocks out than flip flops or sandals.

Shoes also work great with socks and they definitely keep rocks out

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Songbearer posted:

Shoes also work great with socks and they definitely keep rocks out

EXTREMELY EASY TO PUT ON

this is important because i'm lazy. I also like crocs because I enjoy offending the squirrels with my bad fashion sense.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Ah, you mean Wellingtons

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Crocs makes wide sizes I dunno about knockoffs tho.

https://www.crocs.com/c/shop-by/fit/wide-fit-shoes

Hey thanks! So the sales staff at my local Crocs shop were lying to me to try and trick me into buying footwear from them even though it didn't fit... bastards. (And a not uncommon sort of sales ploy, next time I'll check online too.)

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

old beast lunatic posted:

EXTREMELY EASY TO PUT ON

Dude have you worn loafers to the office? It's like the perfect almost-formal shoe.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Crocs are actually too soft to provide meaningful support to your feet. Enjoy your back pain, losers.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I probly need to buy some crocs cause I keep getting shards of metal n' stuff stuck in my feet

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm probably gonna buy some this year OP, don't give a gently caress footwear kinda rules

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Dude have you worn loafers to the office? It's like the perfect almost-formal shoe.

counterpoint: crocs were featured heavily idiocracy

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Call me when you get a pair of yeezy foam runners.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I bought Crocs LiteRide Pacers (basically their running/walking shoe) and they're pretty fantastic. All the tiny holes make them really breatheable. I go on 5 mile walks with them and they handle them fine. Since theyre mostly plastic/plastic fibers I put them in a cold wash cycle every few weeks.

They are by far the most comfortable daily shoes I have owned. My only complaint is that something about the lacing doesnt allow you to tie them up as tight as you could without a bit of extra effort. I cant really explain this problem because no other shoe has given me it.

Then I got a giftcard for a sportsmans warehouse by chance and next to the t-shirts that say "if this flag offends you, ill help you pack your bags", I saw a display for mens crocs clogs, like the kind OP has. I got black ones because I am a coward. The clogs have become my around-the-house shoes since we live with a disgusting dog here and hardwood floor, and ill take them if im going for a drive somewhere and wont be too visible in public. When they arent in "all terrain mode" they feel more like slippers and slide off just as easily. Because I take pride in having odorless footwear, I wear these with socks like any other shoe/slipper. I can see me using these for years. I also cold wash them about every other week in the washing machine. Maybe theyll disintegrate or something because of it, but im not sure how considering how solid and basic their structure is. Oh also they failed the 5 mile walk test, but I dont think these are the shoes you take extended walks in.

Also somewhere along the line of this journey I ended up buying Birkenstocks (without socks) and while they were nice, I learned that my left foot is slightly larger than my right foot, and that meant the snug fit on one shoe fostered painful blisters and raw skin on the other one. They also failed the 5 mile walk test, but to be fair to them, I was doing about 7 miles mostly at that time. I gave them to my little brother who wanted Birks without the risk, and he has normal human feet so he enjoyed them until his puppy chewed the cork up.

This whole shoe adventure went across the span of about 14 months, by the way. I am very bad at finding shoes.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Knockoff croc purses… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003K7CWKQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_imm_N4X5N5CXGXXH2SZB3K0Y

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

buglord posted:

I bought Crocs LiteRide Pacers (basically their running/walking shoe) and they're pretty fantastic. All the tiny holes make them really breatheable. I go on 5 mile walks with them and they handle them fine. Since theyre mostly plastic/plastic fibers I put them in a cold wash cycle every few weeks.

They are by far the most comfortable daily shoes I have owned. My only complaint is that something about the lacing doesnt allow you to tie them up as tight as you could without a bit of extra effort. I cant really explain this problem because no other shoe has given me it.

Then I got a giftcard for a sportsmans warehouse by chance and next to the t-shirts that say "if this flag offends you, ill help you pack your bags", I saw a display for mens crocs clogs, like the kind OP has. I got black ones because I am a coward. The clogs have become my around-the-house shoes since we live with a disgusting dog here and hardwood floor, and ill take them if im going for a drive somewhere and wont be too visible in public. When they arent in "all terrain mode" they feel more like slippers and slide off just as easily. Because I take pride in having odorless footwear, I wear these with socks like any other shoe/slipper. I can see me using these for years. I also cold wash them about every other week in the washing machine. Maybe theyll disintegrate or something because of it, but im not sure how considering how solid and basic their structure is. Oh also they failed the 5 mile walk test, but I dont think these are the shoes you take extended walks in.

Also somewhere along the line of this journey I ended up buying Birkenstocks (without socks) and while they were nice, I learned that my left foot is slightly larger than my right foot, and that meant the snug fit on one shoe fostered painful blisters and raw skin on the other one. They also failed the 5 mile walk test, but to be fair to them, I was doing about 7 miles mostly at that time. I gave them to my little brother who wanted Birks without the risk, and he has normal human feet so he enjoyed them until his puppy chewed the cork up.

This whole shoe adventure went across the span of about 14 months, by the way. I am very bad at finding shoes.

You’re very bad at using apostrophes too.

I have numerous pairs of Birkies. My house shoes are their clogs (with shearling lining for winter). Much more support than Crocs.

First google result:

https://footadvice.com/are-crocs-bad-for-your-feet/

naem
May 29, 2011

I wore some to the grocery store in san francisco and stepped in an especially large pile of hobo poop, right outside my apt, and stepped right out of them walking barefoot up the stairs rather than deal with said poop

I miss them (the crocs not the hobos)

also the air was on fire

naem fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 7, 2021

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
The only shoes I own are multiple pairs of rainbow tye dye crocs and I have no regrets or cares in life

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Bismuth posted:

The only shoes I own are multiple pairs of rainbow tye dye crocs and I have no regrets or cares in life

This is how ya do it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

croc offs

naem posted:

I wore some to the grocery store in san francisco and stepped in an especially large pile of hobo poop, right outside my apt, and stepped right out of them walking barefoot up the stairs rather than deal with said poop

I miss them (the crocs not the hobos)

also the air was on fire

a croc of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Gaunab posted:

Call me when you get a pair of yeezy foam runners.

That sounds like a lot of money I don't have.