Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Lifepuzzler posted:

I did the "one chip challenge," by them. It felt and tasted like someone just sprayed pepper spray in my mouth. Then, about 10 minutes later, my stomach felt like someone had run a knife through it. The pain went away and I was fine, but what the gently caress? I eat hot peppers and sauces all the time for stupid thrills, in fact I just ate a dried out Naga Viper last week. Nothing has ever made me feel like I'd been stabbed before. So now I stay away from that brand.

those ghost pepper chips are just pleasantly hot in a way that most "hot" chips aren't, they aren't debilitating like the gimmick chip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Gimmick chips are just a grift. Might as well drop some pure capsaicin onto a sheet of blotting paper and sell those at a party.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

uber_stoat posted:

those ghost pepper chips are just pleasantly hot in a way that most "hot" chips aren't, they aren't debilitating like the gimmick chip.
Their heat is good, but their flavor is like dirt.

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009

uber_stoat posted:

Well that's good to know. If I see some maybe I'll give them a shot. Occasionally around here, HEB will sell Ghost Pepper cheese puffs (like Cheetos, both crunchy and poofy) and I always snatch up a few bags. They are REALLY hot, but they taste delicious.

TenTonHammer
Oct 3, 2003
Davidian

:dukedog:
Going back a few pages, I love some Gringo Bandito. Honestly its the hot sauce that got me into hot sauces, just cause I am a huge fan of The Offspring. Right now I use a ton of the Super Hot version they got. Every year for a while they did a special edition around november that was limited and came with a bunch of free swag with it, and usually they were pretty drat good too, but they stopped doing it around the start of COVID.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

roomforthetuna posted:

Their heat is good, but their flavor is like dirt.
I might just be imagining it but I think they have improved the flavor since they first hit the market.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Just picked up this bad boy.

Dementor Sauce.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
For the first time today a made a salsa from dried morita chilies and nothing else. So simple, just seed, fry in garlic olive oil, soak, and blend with salt. I guess the smoking of the peppers does the real work? Utterly amazing. Perfectly cut the richness of poblano/cheese tacos.