Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Deer VS Goats
Deer
Goats
Actually liking animals besides how they taste is gay OP
Goku
View Results

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Goats r cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDYJhEyk3Gk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Thank you op

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

*reads title*

who loving thinks that!!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You can sleep soundly knowing nothing could possibly get you in your sleep

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Deer suck. They carry a parasite that is totally harmless to themselves, but if it gets in goats it gets in their brain and paralyzes them. Deer literally give goats brain worms :brainworms:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Arven posted:

Deer suck. They carry a parasite that is totally harmless to themselves, but if it gets in goats it gets in their brain and paralyzes them. Deer literally give goats brain worms :brainworms:

deer are basically parasite motherships

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo
goats are the best. i like their weirdo eyeballs. i think deer have them too but you cant tell.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Muscle Wizard posted:

goats are the best. i like their weirdo eyeballs. i think deer have them too but you cant tell.

They do, but they are most visible when they are young because the eyes are blue. Or if you get a super close-up of them like this, you can see them even once the eyes change color as they mature:

Or if they are albino:

Also:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Muscle Wizard posted:

Most ungulates have them, even horses. It's just that goats have bigger eyes with brighter corneas so we notice their pupils more easily

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

pretty sure some boston dynamics robot killed a deer and wore it's skin like hannibal lecter to escape

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
I live in West Texas.

Deer are 90% of the reason you will likely die on the highway at night.

My Uncle had a deer jump up into the cab of his truck at Texas highway speeds. He broke his arm and his mother who was riding with him had terrible lacerations on her face and arms.

My mother plowed into one with our car and flattened it when i was 10. It didnt jump. It decimated our Buick Skylark. We had to get an entire new car.

gently caress Deer.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Goat proclick:

https://www.facebook.com/GoatBreedsOfPakistan

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
the goat was the breakout star of the vvitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdSsgeXJATw

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Talkc posted:

Deer are 90% of the reason you will likely die on the highway at night.

gently caress Deer.

For anyone that doesn't know, driving in the countryside and you see one deer crossing the road, slow the gently caress down; because there are 2 more hiding in the brush waiting to jump out in front of you as you go past. They are so loving stupid, it is astounding.

naem
May 29, 2011

if you give em a honk that snaps them out of their stare at the headlights trance, or warns them against majestically leaping directly into your car. they’ll actually go NOISE DANGER BAD

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

naem posted:

if you give em a honk that snaps them out of their stare at the headlights trance, or warns them against majestically leaping directly into your car. they’ll actually go NOISE DANGER BAD
i was riding my bicycle way out in the boonies and saw a deer well on the side of the road eating grass or whatever and when me and my buddy came closer to the deer it actually jump into the road and ran directly in front of us for a couple hundred feet

:downsbravo:

naem
May 29, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

i was riding my bicycle way out in the boonies and saw a deer well on the side of the road eating grass or whatever and when me and my buddy came closer to the deer it actually jump into the road and ran directly in front of us for a couple hundred feet

:downsbravo:

deer and squirrels are faster than anything living in their environment and actively wait until the last second for a predator to close the distance, then leap majestically multiple body lengths away from the jaws of death

works great to tire out predators who have to run twice as far as they do, not so effective against SUV’s

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo

naem posted:

deer and squirrels are faster than anything living in their environment and actively wait until the last second for a predator to close the distance, then leap majestically multiple body lengths away from the jaws of death

works great to tire out predators who have to run twice as far as they do, not so effective against SUV’s

Ah yes, what an effective survival mechanism; running directly into the percieved predators path.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
About a decade ago I was cycling on a riverside bike path (in the middle of the city), taking a sweeping right-hand corner, and there was a woman on a bicycle in the opposing lane coming at me. None of us saw the animal in the bushes, but when we were no more than 20 feet apart, a doe darted from one side of the path to the other, right in between us. We both just went "WHOAAAA" at each other, it was pretty amazing but yeah, if we were driving cars that deer would have been sheared right in half and we'd both be traumatized.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Growing up in north central Wisconsin, I knew very few people who hadn't yet hit a deer while driving down a country highway. I had a friend for a while that I was driving behind down a country road at night when a huge parade of deer bounded out of the woods and weaved in front and behind her car while she was driving. She saw 0 of them. She had been leaning down to take a CD out of her car's stereo and was replacing it with a new one. Entirely oblivious. We had to call her phone and ask her if she had any idea just how lucky she was dodging a storm of deer like that but she had absolutely no clue what we were talking about.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
deer are way more cute

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008

Turmoilx posted:

deer are way more cute

Deer are only cute from afar. You can't actually safety engage with that cuteness.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

We gonna ignore the pissbeard on billy goats?

That's why they have a beard. To splash with piss. Because the girl goats dig it.

Goats are cute and useful, but also really gross.

PsionicAnt
Jul 16, 2001

DicktheCat posted:

We gonna ignore the pissbeard on billy goats?

That's why they have a beard. To splash with piss. Because the girl goats dig it.

Goats are cute and useful, but also really gross.

PsionicAnt posted:

Also at a young teen my stupid dad started a "petting zoo" in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, Oregon and we had pygmy goats among other things. The oldest goat liked to piss in his beard a lot and gently caress his daughter.

Based on these limited experiences I'm siding with deer although I like goats in art.

Hail Satan

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If we just keep hitting the deer with our vehicles, they will evolve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
deer's reaction when told some people like goats over deer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfY_X9raVXA