Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
If you make a game out of tricking trapping and eliminating the rodents, the infestation has a lot of opportunities for fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

paul_soccer12 posted:

Enjoy your rodent infestation!

I've got cats

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Just realized how much I'll save on cat food

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
barn cat style Working Cats are cool

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
My cat brings the barn mice inside, alive, and then hunts them down and kills them and eats their top half and usually there's a gross botfly pupae nearby that crawled out of the carcass

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

500excf type r posted:

My cat brings the barn mice inside, alive, and then hunts them down and kills them and eats their top half and usually there's a gross botfly pupae nearby that crawled out of the carcass

they love that poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my cat used to leave dead mice, rats, and birds in my shower for me to find first thing in the morning. really make my day with the present. cool kuz i cant see poo poo due to to no glasses and only make out a red and feathery blur. birds would often explode into a shower of blood, feathers, and bird seed. for rats and mice hed leave the heads and feet mostly but sometimes also eat the head. it was hosed up. but he was a really good cat. lived to be 19 and died on my lap. he got a snake once and like half way disemboweled it but then let it slither away and it left a snake slither trail of blood thru the house.

i remember having to lure that fucker in every night at sundown kuz the coyotes come out. big anxiety out there. "kitty kityt kitty" until you see his rear end come outa some plants or run down the hillside and zip in the door. then you'd have to run in there fast and close all the doors and windows (would open them all to lure in) before he changed his mind and bailed again. then he'd be pissed off for a while kuz cant go out but then chill and sleep. man i miss that cat. his name was ricky

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My cat is a killing machine that eats what he kills. He'd never bring me one of his kills. He's too selfish.

I'm glad he doesn't go after birds. Just the odd rodent he finds under the shed.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
sucks when they get birds. i understand the concept that all cats should be indoor, i get it. they kill too much stuff lol. and also die of eating poison / run over and such. its sad. and i understand. BUT... he always looked really happy running really fast outside. the fresh air flowing thru his fur. runnig, jumping, climbing trees, chasing poo poo around. sleeping in the sun on a hot rock. if i ever get a cat again itll be indoors. this cat came to us as an indoor/outdoor cat. just moved in.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I think our cats are spiritual twins

We got him used from a shelter and he was like 8 and for months was a hate filled monster that would not accept affection. All claws and anger. Then one day he realized we were only trying to give him a good place to live and he was nicer ish. Years later he is mostly a teddy bear and has lots of affection and cuddles.

When we got him, we lived in the "city" with a large fully enclosed yard and the outside terrified him. We figured he was a pampered indoor cat his whole lofe.

As soon as we moved to the country, he was living his best life and went out huntin rrodents and other assorted creatures. Turns out maybe he was a farm cat?

Every night he is in the chicken enclosure hunting rodents over the left over Chicken food until I throw some dry food in a bowl and shake it at the back door.

I reward him with food for the mice rats and chipmunks he kills and scold him for any birds. He doesn't bother the chickens, even as days old chicks, so I know I can teach him limits. By and large, he has been better and better every year about killing song birds so I think it's working.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

500excf type r posted:

If you make a game out of tricking trapping and eliminating the rodents, the infestation has a lot of opportunities for fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1x3FEwfqek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

went to a funeral where there were huge lawns that did not respect the dead