Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
More cards!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gramps

Looks like my Santee's box should land today!!! MUCH EXCITE

Zurtilik

Gift sent!

Derpies

by sebmojo
I got either my BYOB or SASS gift today but I think it’s the yobber one and it was awesome.

So if this was from a yobber thanks for the sauces and spices and cookbook that I’ll use and hopefully impart some wisdom into WIFE NO COOK GOOD as well!

I will get mini derps to live read scuffy the tugboat as well when we are back from vacation

Derpies fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 21, 2021

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Gramps

Derpies posted:

I got either my BYOB or SASS gift today but I think it’s the yobber one and it was awesome.

So if this was from a yobber thanks for the sauces and spices and cookbook that I’ll use and hopefully impart some wisdom into WIFE NO COOK GOOD as well!

I will get mini derps to live read scuffy the tugboat as well when we are back from vacation

It was me I am the mystery santy claus. Enjoy the goodies- Bravado makes some of my very favorite face melty sauces so I hope you guys like em too. My kiddo and I had fun shoppin for y'all!

Derpies

by sebmojo

Gramps posted:

It was me I am the mystery santy claus. Enjoy the goodies- Bravado makes some of my very favorite face melty sauces so I hope you guys like em too. My kiddo and I had fun shoppin for y'all!

Thanks so much! Can't wait to melt my face off, that is one of my favorite winter cold/stomach issue cures. Stoked for the spices too, I am really overdue to clean out our various spices and I should be able to restart up some meal prepping and get some good ideas from the spice blends.

----------------

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I love Bravado. That Aka Miso is so good on everything and I love the Black Garlic Reaper in pretty much any kind of chili or curry. If you like that sampler I super duper recommend checking out their Ancho Masala Scorpion sauce, it rules.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Escape From Noise

Miso is such a loving great flavor.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

:ohdear: the card hasn't gotten there

Manifisto

oh gosh oh gosh not one but two packages showed up at my doorstep this afternoon! crimmus came after all!

wow!! a book I've been really eager to read, some absolutely delicious looking hazelnut snacks, and a lovely card from my santa (alnilam!) explaining that the hazelnuts are locally grown in oregon.

what's this? another package??

a tree identification book! that is super awesome! I assume this was shipped directly from the ebay seller, but since it was addressed to "manifisto" I am pretty sure this is another element of this cool gift (something that goes very well with the other book).

check out the inside--it looks clear and easy enough for a tree ignoramus like myself and I will definitely make use of it.

thank you so much, what thoughtful gifts!

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Yay! There's a bit of a tale here, I had wanted to gift you my old and well worn copy of Tree Finder - I now have the west coast version, and I used it so many years out east that i basically know all those trees now anyway. I thought it would be special to pass on my old copy. But i couldn't find it :negative: curse you, moving! So enjoy the new ebay copy that i scrambled to add on, please pretend it was mine. It fits nicely in a back pocket and makes tree IDing really easy even for a newb.

There were several other small local things I wanted to include that were all out of stock.

The other gift that i couldn't reveal til now is a donation of :20bux: to a charity of your choice. Please let me know what!

ty manifisto

alnilam

Oh also the reusable zippy bags are part of the gift too, those things own

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

Yay! There's a bit of a tale here, I had wanted to gift you my old and well worn copy of Tree Finder - I now have the west coast version, and I used it so many years out east that i basically know all those trees now anyway. I thought it would be special to pass on my old copy. But i couldn't find it :negative: curse you, moving! So enjoy the new ebay copy that i scrambled to add on, please pretend it was mine. It fits nicely in a back pocket and makes tree IDing really easy even for a newb.

There were several other small local things I wanted to include that were all out of stock.

The other gift that i couldn't reveal til now is a donation of :20bux: to a charity of your choice. Please let me know what!

that is really touching, thank you. I will think on it and pm you regarding the charity!

ty nesamdoom!

Zurtilik

My brother tried the other bottle of Malort he seemed to hate it just as much at first but then kept drinking it. I dont know what his deal is.

more falafel please

forums poster

Zurtilik posted:

My brother tried the other bottle of Malort he seemed to hate it just as much at first but then kept drinking it. I dont know what his deal is.

it's good!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Twenty Four

Zurtilik posted:

I have never had the opportunity to enjoy or be punished by Malort but I can almost guarantee this would be what I would do if the reputation is true.

*Takes a drink, makes a "oh this is baaaaad" face*

"How is it?"

"Horrible!" *takes another drink*

"Why are you still drinking it then?"

"It's alcohol"

"We have other alcohol, you don't have to drink that."

"It's alcohol that someone gave me!"

Derpies

by sebmojo
I’ll check on my gifts status when I’m home tomorrow night, I lied so hard to customs so gonna check how that plan went

----------------

FluffieDuckie

I don’t know what could possibly go wrong lying to people in authority

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Goons Are Gifts

just so I can get a head count in, raise your paw if you are currently expecting a gift to arrive but did not hear from anything yet!

If you already got your gift, remember to post it here, because else you'd be lurking and you know what that means

Finger Prince

🙋
I will retract paw on Wednesday when the post office is open, if the package waiting there is from Santa and not ebay or some other thing.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Me. No package yet, but if I got sometime sending to me from our of the country, it could just be logjammed in customs.

And I posted a letter to my secret Santee in the thread but I think I was too vague! Santee please tell me if you got my card??

Derpies

by sebmojo
my santee should have had their box arrive according to USPS so will look forward to seeing results

----------------

Finger Prince

Paw retracted

Thanks Derpies!
The yellow toque is cozy and suits me well (and fits!) and I wore it on the walk to work tonight. I love the red elvises, I have two of their cd's but not this one! I'll read the book before bedtimes. I made a cup of the coffee, it was pleasantly unctuous, though I may have made it a bit strong. Looking forward to trying the teas, the Turkish black looks very intriguing.

Tried the hot sauce on with some black garlic manchego on a Finncrisp, it's very yummy! I think it will go good with stir fry and rice, it's a bit sambal-like.

Derpies

by sebmojo

Finger Prince posted:

Paw retracted

Thanks Derpies!
The yellow toque is cozy and suits me well (and fits!) and I wore it on the walk to work tonight. I love the red elvises, I have two of their cd's but not this one! I'll read the book before bedtimes. I made a cup of the coffee, it was pleasantly unctuous, though I may have made it a bit strong. Looking forward to trying the teas, the Turkish black looks very intriguing.

Tried the hot sauce on with some black garlic manchego on a Finncrisp, it's very yummy! I think it will go good with stir fry and rice, it's a bit sambal-like.

glad you like it! that sauce is pretty good on everything but stir fry for sure one of the better dishes with it. great on eggs as well for breakfast. the teas all came from some local craft place so hope they are good!

----------------

alnilam

I have not received thing yet, but also mail is a land of contrasts so I'm not too concerned yet

Derpies

by sebmojo
finger prince please let us know how that book was, I can only assume it’s an amazing piece of someone’s self published semi Utah style erotica

----------------

alnilam

Cardi BYOB posted:

Dear Carlos Santana,

My santanee should have received a card in the mail but knowing the USPS (United Santana Parcel Secrets) the card will not arrive until Tuesday the 17th of Smarch, the day BYOB will be deleted according to our lord and savior, St. Jeffrey of YOSPOS, PBUH.

I have made a small donation, and will increase this donation monthly until my donation eclipses the sun with 10 x 10bux every month, in accordance with the prophecy, to the Frontierspersons of Medellin. I mean, Medicines. Something like that. They are doing the good works, and I have big love for them for their work in not only my adopted home country of Peru but also their work on the home front.

Additionally a small package of Santana's finest merchandise shall arrive slightly late, as I, an idiot, smonked of the devil's left handed jazz beepin cabbages and somehow hosed up my own address. Good. Great. Doing great, Carlos, please love me, PLEASE LOVE ME I WANT TO REPLACE ROB THOMAS IN YOUR HEART CARLOS PLEASE I LOVE YOU COME HOME

Aha, this was meant for me! Thank you so much, MSF is the best and charity is very important to me so this is all I need :)

I sadly did not get anything in the mail yet, perhaps the mail carrier slipped and dropped it because the surface he was walking on was So Smooth. Or maybe it got pilfered by some kind of Black Magic Woman or was destroyed in some Incident at Neshabur. Anyway i was told by PM that there would have also been a book for smallnilam (:3:) so hopefully it turns up. To the mail people, I Hope You're Feeling Better and find it soon!

alnilam

I was trying to work in every track from Abraxas but gave up and added in a So Smooth for penance.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I GOT A PACKAGE FROM CARLOS SANTANA

SANTANA IS CANADIAN???? I will post the contents later today because holy poo poo Santa sent me what I thought was cocaine but it turns out it's not, hahahaha who would've thought hahahaha glad I didn't snort it heeheehoohoo hahahahaha

Finger Prince

Derpies posted:

finger prince please let us know how that book was, I can only assume it’s an amazing piece of someone’s self published semi Utah style erotica

It is the story of little red riding hood, with a twist!
Grandmama passed away and riding hood is a pariah in town. She meets the wolfman and he is going to save her from her overbearing, monstrous father the woodsman, and she definitely fucks the wolfman, though I haven't got to that part yet. The prose is... well it's kinda high school level. Like as in written by a high schooler. Which is entirely plausible and not a slight, it's just very rough and in desperate need of editing. Like, how am I supposed to get off to this self-insert furry fantasy bodice ripper with awkward prose like "Voices spoke and conversed above me as they worked the cloaks catch free though it would not budge and with force the strong hand pulled at the material around me and swept it off me, catching my head in one final breath wheezing stroke as the the fabric darkened my view in a deep evil red" (that bit is when RRH is set upon by brigands in the woods who try to rob her (with the veiled threat of rapey undertones, but no, they were just after her valuables), before she is rescued by sexy wolfman.

The Turkish tea, in contrast, is lovely.

Heather Papps

hello friend

hello i have returned from the post office and banging a nail in my wall. the frame arrived a day or two ago but i figured i'd wait till the other bit arrived before posting about it!

a lovely and very shiny portrait of my favourite cat, dolly! (she lives in my house)

thank you so much Zurtilik, my home just became significantly more byob and i'm pretty sure dolly's ego has grown a few sizes. also thank you for the postcard and sticker and mint julep kit i am excited to make and try one FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. i bet you didn't realize you were giving me that kind of life experience but that's the magic of and feel of satin.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

more falafel please

forums poster

Heather Papps posted:

hello i have returned from the post office and banging a nail in my wall. the frame arrived a day or two ago but i figured i'd wait till the other bit arrived before posting about it!

a lovely and very shiny portrait of my favourite cat, dolly! (she lives in my house)

thank you so much Zurtilik, my home just became significantly more byob and i'm pretty sure dolly's ego has grown a few sizes. also thank you for the postcard and sticker and mint julep kit i am excited to make and try one FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE. i bet you didn't realize you were giving me that kind of life experience but that's the magic of and feel of satin.

wow this is amazing!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Goons Are Gifts

Is anyone still missing the gifts? Who's still waiting, wave maniacally now!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I got mine I still need to post about it tonight before See You Next Tuesday!!!!