Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Gifts

HO, HO, HO!

Welcome hello and & back to this year's super early super duper ultra mega satan! Due to our troubles last year where the pandemic slowed our shipping process down quite a bit, we figured we should get a head start on this!

I'm going to post the last rules, too, because I'm lazy and hungry and also I need some brownies really, has someone any brownies, please help

Rules

(1) In order to participate, you must have at least 10 posts (or threads) in BYOB over the past year.

(2) You may choose to receive digital game(s), digital goods or forum upgrades instead of actual snail mail packages. You may also provide both snail mail address and steam/other game platform information and let your santa pick. :nudesnail:

(3) To sign up you must do two things:

- Send an email to gag.sa@mailbox.org with your user name and your mailing address and/or a link to your steam/other games account. Also please include whether you are willing to ship domestically, ship internationally, and/or send a digital game or forum upgrade.

- Write a letter to santa in this thread! Please cover things like allergies, t-shirt size, willingness to accept things that are NSFW or drug related, and likes and dislikes. If you're accepting digital gifts broadly include what games you'd like. Santa needs some guidance and I need to be sure that the random email I received requesting a gift was really from you.

(4) Minimum gift amount is $15. Remember that shipping, especially international shipping, can be very (!) expensive. If you can't afford shipping on top of the gift amount then choose to send a digital good or forum upgrade instead, that's totally fine.

(5) You must post in this thread when you receive your gift. Santa wants to know that you received your gift, and I need to be sure your santa isn't a deadbeat.

(6) Deadbeats: If after signing up you do not send a gift by the deadline, you will be banned. No exceptions. If you have plat and an av, your ban will cost you more than sending the gift. So seriously, if you're not going to send something, don't sign up. Don't ruin xXxmas dammit, I'm serious, look at my serious face! Seriously, this will not be a joke ban.

A word about privacy: Obviously, all addresses will only be handled by the BYOB mods, being Manifisto and myself, and not shared with anyone or posted anywhere, including other mods/admins. We also won't store them and make some fancy address house out of them, but instead delete all of it once we are done. However, your Santa, of course, will need to see your personal information to send you anything and you won't know who your santa is or might become, so be aware of this before signing up. If you are concerned about your privacy but still want to participate, I'd recommend signing up for a video game or forum upgrade of some sort instead of an actual package, or, if you prefer, rent yourself a PO box. Prices for those range widely depending on your location and size rented, but you can safely receive mail and share its address without worrying about your personal information - just make sure you're prepared to actually receive stuff there before a box is thrown at your poor mailman's head. I personally have had some good experiences with these things and registration usually can be done online.

-----------------------------
Deadlines

November 22nd: Deadline to send your address and write a lovely letter to santa. I'll email your satan's info on Nov 23rd or so!

December 5th: International shipping deadline, please send your international gift on its way until then

December 15th: Domestic shipping deadline

December 22nd: Digital Deadline

If possible, please try to keep or make a photo of the receipt or the box just so I can see that if it doesn't make it through, you did your best. No need to send me anything though, only if it doesn't work out.
Also, as noted last year, please make sure to check local legislation for both yourself and, if international, your santee's area. Before stuff gets impounded!

If you wish to get in touch with your santee or santa without breaking the anonymity, feel free to email or PM me and I'll relay anything immediately without telling your name, unedited and with only mild weiners drawn onto the message :evilbuddy:

Ready, set, ho, ho, ho!

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Nov 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Ohhhh yeah! Secret Satan is baaaaack! I had a lot of fun doing this last year!

I'm into weird noise music, t-shirts, tea, and art stuff (not artistic myself). I wear a size L or XL shirt. As I'm in Japan some spices and sauces like salsa from back home or your home country would be neat! Snacks too! No allergies.

I'm cool with NWS stuff but no contraband. As much as I'd love a little, just not worth the risk to my livelihood and freedom that could all bring.

Edit: If shipping is a pain and you prefer digital please make a donation. I'll make a list later.

Deck us all with Boston Charlie! I'm :stoked:

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 15, 2021

Goons Are Gifts

oh since this came up: any kind of digital good is fine if you're not into games or something, just make sure your santee can actually receive what you gifted them, too. Does not need to be on steam, any platform works, as long as your santee can cash it in somehow. That does mean you're allowed to buy your santee's company a ten-year commercial photoshop license, just imagine what kind of shipping you saved on that!

it's also cool to send emails, ask questions to your santee or santa without breaking the secret part. Just write me an email or PM and I'll relay it safely without spoiling the surprise

updated the op to reflect this

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I had a lot of fun doing BYOB Secret Santa last year and I'd like to do it again. I like cooking and doing kitchen stuff so I'd love some nice teas or spices or sweets or sauces or whatever from where you're from, with the caveat that I don't really eat meat and I don't drink (and fwiw I can't eat walnuts) or even a cute mug or something. So please no walnut wine or ham spritzers. I also really like DIY stuff and just miscellaneous bric-a-brac if you like, make your own wooden nickels or live near the wooden nickel capital of earth. Basically if you make something yourself and give it to me I will love it forever. Some of the things I'm trying to learn how to do in 2022 or to keep trying to learn how to do are knitting, crocheting, getting better at doing my makeup, and doing more baking, so if you're an expert in those things and want to send along useful tools or books/resources that would be great too!

I don't really play that many videogames these days and I'm pretty much content with the ones I have, and I don't really want any drug stuff since quitting stuff was a huge slog for me. I'm just at that boring age now.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Finger Prince

I'm up for it again! Every year I do this someone sends me records and I still don't own a record player, so absolutely send me more records so that I can justify buying a record player. Especially if it's like some white label house or techno record that you don't even know who it is.
Also chips! Send me weird local /regional flavour chips/crisps and other crispy snacks!
Are you a knitter (I know a lot of you are)? I wouldn't say no to a wooly hat if you're planning on knitting something. Umm I dunno, otherwise I'm cool with weird neat stuff, stickers, snacks and teas, ten year commercial Photoshop licenses, whatever! In a pinch a playstation store or steam gift voucher or however those work is always welcome.

FluffieDuckie

Dear Satan,

I've been a very good girl this year.

I don't have any allergies except for sulfa drug so as long as you don't send me pills we should be fine.

I like to sleep in my tshirts so I prefer XL.

Although I'm extremely cool and would enjoy NSFW and drug stuff, other people in my house are decidedly less cool and might be traumatized so lets hold off on that stuff.

I like unique coffee mugs for my caffeine addiction, pretty stationary, or perhaps something hand made. I would also enjoy treats. Especially if you have local snacks. In fact anything from your town would be cool.

But mostly Satan I want YOU to have a happy Christmas.

Love,

Duckie

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Dear Santana,

I am your biggest fan. Your riffs on the seminal hit featuring Rob Thomas, "Smooth," awakened in me a se--oh, this is about holidays. Uh, okay. So, I am an easy gift recipient with a couple of caveats. One, I have incredibly severe food allergies it turns out, so as much as I would love food/candy, it cannot have dairy or quinoa or teff. Sorry! I know everyone loves to mail sacks of milk-sogged quinoa around the world!

Other than that: I like alpacas, goats, sheep, etc, you know this because I'm a yarn toucher. I loving LOVE weed, but do not mail me actual weed please, this is a red state. Weed themed things are good. I like jokes. I'm very gay, I'm just gay as hell, so feel free to send that gay poo poo. I love coffee. I love weird music. The weirder and more obscure, the better, because it means I'm learning a thing I didn't know about before! I'm an avid reader, I clear a book a day on average, and enjoy literary horror particularly, of late.

If you want to send me anything t-shirt wise, I sleep in them, so an XL is great! (or if you want a funny hamjobs picture in the chat thread, send a 5X, it's been a few years since that happened).

Okay Carlos, thanks for listening, and I look for to when you finally give me your heart, make it real, and forget about it. Mwah.

Love,
Lil Babby Hamjobs

Gramps

hi satan,

i think i've been a pretty good boy this year. i like comedy, Music, scotch (especially smoky gnarly islay scotches), cigars, guitars, and tacos. I also have a 12 year old son and a Nerdwife and they're big gamers so cool board games are something I always look out for.

Honestly, I don't care what I get- shopping for my secret satan is the fun for me, so surprise me. Something that reminds me of my cool orb friend would be the best thing to get honestly.

love,
big stupid moustache man

more falafel please

forums poster

hi!

i like just about anything, booze stuff is fine, actual weed maybe not but weed-related things are cool. i don't do other drugs so. nsfw stuff is also fine, i am all about that gay poo poo. i especially like stuff from where you're from or stuff you made! music is also great, i have a record player and a tape deck and i could probably make CDs work if i tried

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Goons Are Gifts

If you signed up but I haven't answered you in that mail yet, don't fear! My mail program was acting up, but I will get to you soon. Don't forget to also write Santa a letter!

Derpies

by sebmojo
Hi yobbers I am Derpies,

I am known for tuggin but it'd probably be weird to get tuggin accessories but it'd also be pretty funny so let your creativity go wild.

What I truly enjoy is cooking weird international food and spices and spicy stuff and just interesting things. I would prefer to not be mailed illegal things because I am in Utah and the people here are weird and crazy. Weird regional stuff a big plus!

I am easy to please though and a huge LOTR nerd too.

t shirt size XL and I’ll get my steam account friend code up here when I get home so that could work in a pinch. mini derps also loves Minecraft and her switch in that same vein if needing to get a voucher for whatever reason

Derpies fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Nov 27, 2021

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Derpies posted:

Hi yobbers I am Derpies,

I am known for tuggin but it'd probably be weird to get tuggin accessories but it'd also be pretty funny so let your creativity go wild.

What I truly enjoy is cooking weird international food and spices and spicy stuff and just interesting things. I would prefer to not be mailed illegal things because I am in Utah and the people here are weird and crazy. Weird regional stuff a big plus!

I am easy to please though and a huge LOTR nerd too.

besides the obvious ones like gollum or samwise, which lotr characters do you tug to?

Heather Papps

hello friend

hi baba yaga it's me heather papps i have no "please don't send me's" honestly.

i wear a large shirt or top covering but my noggin' is kind of big for hat considerations. uh i collect vinyl and would never object to that, but i think what i'd really like the most is stuff you made or that is representative of your idea of home, whether that's a little thing of sand from the beach you like or some pressed flowers or i don't even know.

thank you i love you don't eat me

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Derpies

by sebmojo

Luvcow posted:

besides the obvious ones like gollum or samwise, which lotr characters do you tug to?

Sorry had a 24 hour tug break from Gene but clearly the answer is the arkenstone

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Derpies posted:

Sorry had a 24 hour tug break from Gene but clearly the answer is the arkenstone

you have impeccable taste

alnilam

Hello santa,

Due to additional precautions i took this year re:surveillance in my house, you will have to take me at my word that i've been good this year.

I don't like a lot of random bric-a-brac as my house is sort of cluttered as it is, but i do like some things like:
music, especially psych, prog, droney/ambient, and folk (and i do have a record player, unlike a certain other poster itt)
foods - no allergies
outdoorsy activities
being a dad to a really fun almost-3-year-old
books are cool, esp good/thoughtful scifi, vonnegut and george saunders are two fav authors if that helps, and i also like neat history and nonfiction stuff. tbh though i don't read nearly as much as i used to, though i read like 10 books a day to my toddler who likes books at the 4-5 year old level
always dig cute homemade things like arts and stuff, or things that are special to your locality.

don't really play video games anymore :sigh: or watch many movies/tv

however perhaps most of all i like giving to charity, and if you like you can save yourself a lot of trouble by just donating to Doctors Without Borders or some other cool org that is rated well on charity navigator dot org, and sending me a card about it, or if you're feeling really lazy even just posting itt about it... a card would be nice though.

I think I've given you plenty to work with and I'll be happy with whatever, just thanks for being you! And please keep your cameras out of my bathroom.

Sincerely,
alnilam

ty manifisto

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Dear Santa,

I have been a good bird this year and I always let some of the later birds have the worm, too.

I'm open to a lot of gifts. Probably don't send me any drug or drug accessories as I live in Kentucky and it I'm pretty sure they will shoot me.

I can eat most things. I like read: This year I've been reading old Japanese horror/paranormal, too much Star Trek, and some more contemporary sci-fi. I'm always open to old sci-fi and fantasy, the better the cover the more I want to like it! I'll take any handmade doodad or knickknack. I really like birds.

Most of my allergies seem to be skin related: so maybe don't send me any fancy smell good sprays or metal jewelry because it might make me break out into painful rashes! Though plastic and woven stuff is usually fine.

I've been getting into cooking, but I am a terrified novice so if you wanna send me anything too wacky you'll also have to give me ideas on how to use it.

If you prefer digital gifting I do play a lot of games and I've got a PC and an XBox and since you're Santa I'm told you will magically know all my info. I especially JRPGs and life simulator games where I like work on a farm or have to fish or something. I am also open to visual novel and VN-like games! I got Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster on Steam and wouldn't mind having the others but can't quite bring myself to spend the money right now.

Anyway

Thanks for reading Santa!

Goons Are Gifts

hello!! I have now finally got around to add everyone to my list and send confirmation mails after you signed up. If you did not receive a confirmation mail from me just now, better re-send your email just in case my mails get as messy as my life you know

Everyone who did sign up but did not write a santa letter yet, don't forget to do that! Santa needs to know what to get you and also I don't think he gets enough correspondence really

Goons Are Gifts

Also, only two more days left to sign up! I'm cool with late comers, but we want to do the match ups soon, so remember to write me a mail and write your santa letter asap to make sure we got you covered

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
By the way anything I send will be from both myself and Bingo Bango!

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Bingo Bango

How Wonderful! posted:

It's true, I haven't been posting much because I've been busy making gifts!

FluffieDuckie

Goons Are Great posted:

hello!! I have now finally got around to add everyone to my list and send confirmation mails after you signed up. If you did not receive a confirmation mail from me just now, better re-send your email just in case my mails get as messy as my life you know

help

deep dish peat moss

I would love to do this this year but I don't know if I can afford shipping something. I will however sign up to be a backup santa in the unfortunte and unlikely case that someone gets a deadbeat santa

Escape From Noise

How Wonderful! posted:

*Stumbles into thread an hour late stinking of rum*

And, uh, and me too!

Pssssst! How Wonderful! Bingo Bango! I'll get you back later!

Goons Are Gifts

Zurtilik posted:

Dear Santa,

Did you send me an email? I just sorted my stuff and I am like 40% sure that you didn't, but I also had at least two emails run away over night and just disappearing, so maybe double check if you did indeed send a mail and also got a confirmation from me!!

Everyone else should be on now, I also sent confirmation to those of you who might have been lost on the way
Please make sure that if you signed up via email that you a) got a confirmation from me because that means I remembered to put you on my naughty list and b) that you wrote a letter for santa itt, because if not I have to spam mails to you to do so and you don't want even more of my posting in your inbox do you??

Also since someone asked, I myself cannot participate this year, not just because I hate you all dearly, but actually because I'm not living at home at the moment but im hospital posting as you might know and I think the post office guy here would plan a murder if I do this
However, I might send out christmas cards to literally ALL of you who signed up, willfully abusing my position of power. Unless if you don't want one of course, my power finds its limits in your will to tolerate my spam

Zurtilik

That's my fault. I realize I sent you an email with no identifier. I'll reply to your email and confirm who I am.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Goons Are Great posted:

Did you send me an email? I just sorted my stuff and I am like 40% sure that you didn't, but I also had at least two emails run away over night and just disappearing, so maybe double check if you did indeed send a mail and also got a confirmation from me!!

Everyone else should be on now, I also sent confirmation to those of you who might have been lost on the way
Please make sure that if you signed up via email that you a) got a confirmation from me because that means I remembered to put you on my naughty list and b) that you wrote a letter for santa itt, because if not I have to spam mails to you to do so and you don't want even more of my posting in your inbox do you??

Also since someone asked, I myself cannot participate this year, not just because I hate you all dearly, but actually because I'm not living at home at the moment but im hospital posting as you might know and I think the post office guy here would plan a murder if I do this
However, I might send out christmas cards to literally ALL of you who signed up, willfully abusing my position of power. Unless if you don't want one of course, my power finds its limits in your will to tolerate my spam

How can we smuggle you Mexican foods? Where there's a will, there's a damned way.

Goons Are Gifts

Zurtilik posted:

That's my fault. I realize I sent you an email with no identifier. I'll reply to your email and confirm who I am.

I had this feeling, I felt your posting energy and should have listened to my heart

Zurtilik

Eh, not a bad idea before someone gets a weird gift they didn't ask for or whatever.

Thanks for checking in!

Im hyped for Santa!

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

How can we smuggle you Mexican foods? Where there's a will, there's a damned way.

Going nuts in the airport when the condoms of ancho chili powder, masa harina, and annatto seeds burst in my stomach.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

Going nuts in the airport when the condoms of ancho chili powder, masa harina, and annatto seeds burst in my stomach.

Honestly, this is kinda how I want to go out: filled with Mexican food.

Escape From Noise

Mormon Nailer posted:

Honestly, this is kinda how I want to go out: filled with Mexican food.

They died as they lived...tacos.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

selan dyin

hello santa!!

i really like birds, anything cute, currently hyperfixating on home brewing and gardening , i like history, stubby holders, computing memorabilia. big fan of the byob drug. tshirts would be cool im 3-4XL. i dont like video games, i am a fake videogamer and i never play them. goth gf please

selan dyin fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 22, 2021

Lock

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Dear Santa,

It's been a crazy year, but things are starting to look up.

I live in Japan, so please be careful. Shipping to here adds up FAST.

Santa, this is just stuff from the top of my head, feel free to do your own thing:

A donation to the Jimmy V Foundation (cancer research), a donation to the Chron's & Colitis foundation, a donation to a Multiple Sclerosis foundation.
Digital stuff -- my steam wishlist is fine, or a Switch digital download. Love indie-ish roguelikes and roguelites.
I am an avid toboggan/tuque/knit cap wearer.
T-shirt size is US L, Japan XL.
I have long been obsessed with smaller/"travel" versions of things, especially small games/sports things. I've been getting into single-player board/card games and print-and-plays too.
But mostly, if you HAVE to ship anything, just whatever you think is cool? I am perfectly cool with that.
I can't ship out alcohol, so I have no idea if it can be shipped here. If it can, oh my god I love a good sour beer.
No non-medicinal allergies.

As for nos:
P sure NSFW stuff runs a risk of getting confiscated, and weedy stuff (as appreciated as it would be) would get me arrested and deported. Please don't do that. I'm getting married next month.

https://giant.gfycat.com/ThoseAcrobaticCapybara.webm
so much love to vanisher for the winter '21 sig!

huge love to Tiny Myers for the fall '21 sig!

Manifisto

cher père noël,

I've been positively naughty this year and punishments are clearly in order. you could certainly punish me by sending me any sort of cool thing. exotic (but not gross) cooking ingredients and spices for example would be appreciated, stuff you can get locally/that is emblematic of your area is of course awesome. I never used to be a hot sauce guy but I am starting to get into them, more on the flavorful side rather than super spicy. my vidya game sensibilities are not super developed, I enjoy them on occasion but I feel like I might be hard to shop for there. no allergies to speak of, booze and nsfw are fine, I like arty things and although I don't own parrots I'm pretty fascinated by them (don't buy me a parrot however!!). anything you handmake would be super awesome and much appreciated.

I've been putting various books on a list for a while, a few of them are:

The Luminous Dead: A Novel by Caitlin Starling
The New York Trilogy by Paul Aster
Breaking Things at Work: The Luddites Are Right About Why You Hate Your Job by Gavin Mueller
The Rings of Saturn by W.G. Sebald
Monty Python's Tunisian Holiday: My Life with Brian by Kim "Howard" Johnson
Biology as Ideology: The Doctrine of DNA by Richard Lewontin
Ice: 50th Anniversary Edition by Anna Kavan
Barkskins: A Novel by Annie Proulx
Greenwood: A Novel by Michael Christie
What Is Real?: The Unfinished Quest for the Meaning of Quantum Physics by Adam Becker
The Epigenetics Revolution: How Modern Biology Is Rewriting Our Understanding of Genetics, Disease, and Inheritance by Nessa Carey
Turtle Meat and Other Stories by Joseph Bruchac

so any of those, or anything you think I might like based vaguely on those titles, would be greatly enjoyed. these are just ideas though, if you think something might be fun and it doesn't break any laws I'm probably up for it!

merci beaucoup, mon beau père noël!

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

I'm so pumped for this goddamn

Gramps

Escape From Noise posted:

I'm so pumped for this goddamn

FluffieDuckie

Hurry hurry hurry I want to start shopping.

Goons Are Gifts

Alright lemme double check through my mails and make sure I got everyone and then the magical elves will do their work and mix you up with your exciting Santee!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Everything is setup, you can hear the magical elven Secret Santa Matching Machine (SSMM, also a kind of kink) roaring in the distance already. I would close sign ups for now, but if someone reads this and thinks NO WAIT I NEED TO GET IN WAIT WAIIIIITTTT I would consider the panic look in your eyes as a reason to get you in after all and re-run the match ups. As soon as I send out the matching results (probably tonight), we can't get anyone in anymore, so this is your last chance!