Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chonchon
Dec 16, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

I started out like that

Then the abuse started

I'm Normal

sounds exhausting

To hear about I mean, it’s grimdark suburbpunkian stuff, no wonder americans are so hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Chonchon posted:

sounds exhausting

To hear about I mean, it’s grimdark suburbpunkian stuff, no wonder americans are so hosed up

To be fair for me it was more bumfuck nowhere country but I've come to realise in practice it's the same poo poo except in the country at least you can be noisy and run around outside if you want.

Suburbs basically have all the worst parts of urban and rural living with none of the upsides. Crowded with no community, isolation with no free space, no nature and no civilization.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Grimnarsson posted:

Who gives a poo poo what anyone says. If you're in a happy relationship, have a nice job that's not intolerable, then that's all that matters. If that is not the case however, well I don't know what to tell you.

It sounds like you don't have a lot to say to most men!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

BigWeirdSashimi posted:

What's the endgame for "all men are wild rabid animals, you get what you deserve, pigs?"

I believe thats covered in the manifesto

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"all men are bad and irredeemable" isn't even feminist. femcels exist and nobody is forcing you to pursue them

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
it’s the first prong (lol) of so-called radical feminism, without which TERF ideology would collapse. I think it’s incorrect but it’s certainly an idea found within feminism as a broad historical movement

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

Neon Noodle posted:

it’s the first prong (lol) of so-called radical feminism, without which TERF ideology would collapse. I think it’s incorrect but it’s certainly an idea found within feminism as a broad historical movement

"Second wave feminism"? It is a label I've seen many times in connection to "trans exclusionary radical feminism" and other more radical forms of feminism.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Is it more transphobic to say trans men are scum too or to exclude them from being scum like other fellas.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

tokin opposition posted:

Is it more transphobic to say trans men are scum too or to exclude them from being scum like other fellas.

trans men and the straight bfs of bi women aka queer men are excluded from being scum

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Grimnarsson posted:

"Second wave feminism"? It is a label I've seen many times in connection to "trans exclusionary radical feminism" and other more radical forms of feminism.

Where do you think those all got the idea from?

Most of the people clinging to it also not surprisingly seem to have raging internal self loathing and/or be clear malignant narcissists. Especially the men, given its basically 'I'm a man, I can't help it or control myself' coming from all those woke sexual predators.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Grimnarsson posted:

second wave feminism isnt necessarily misandrist its just old flawed ideology that tended to center itself around white bougie experience

third wave feminism sought to resolve its contradictions with critical theory and academic rigour which tends to not be popular with modern celebrity feminism since it requires reading books

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maybe second-wave was relevant when white men really did control 100% of all facets of society

did girlbosses kill second-wave academics with money?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Some Guy TT posted:

second wave feminism isnt necessarily misandrist its just old flawed ideology that tended to center itself around white bougie experience

third wave feminism sought to resolve its contradictions with critical theory and academic rigour which tends to not be popular with modern celebrity feminism since it requires reading books

And then we invented fourth wave feminism, which requires reading posts

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

[inconclusively] that's right

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Where do you think those all got the idea from?

Most of the people clinging to it also not surprisingly seem to have raging internal self loathing and/or be clear malignant narcissists. Especially the men, given its basically 'I'm a man, I can't help it or control myself' coming from all those woke sexual predators.

It all seems extremely white.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

tokin opposition posted:

scum as in stagnant water or scum as in S.C.U.M?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Orange Devil posted:

It all seems extremely white.

Oh, that goes without saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWBn0nS8s0A&t=26s