Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

welcome to the cspam feminism thread this is a safe place where we discuss gender issues like why it sucks to be a woman and also why it sucks to be a man and also why it sucks to be anything in between

as there are no true feminists please do not get hung up on defining what the word actually means if you think an argument being framed as feminist is stupid say its stupid if you think its smart say its smart dont trust labels only your posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
anna slatz is really fuckin hot. she's fuckin fine bro and everyone who disagrees is poisoned by political discourse & ideology

prove me wrong

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Janice Raymond got rejected by a trans woman and wrote both a dissertation and a book to cope lmao

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
https://twitter.com/AirCoinRespctor/status/1460976074213539841

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

disney animation is really hitting that next level these days

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
feminism really went sideways the last 10 years. hosed up

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Dreylad posted:

disney animation is really hitting that next level these days

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

so is this supposed to be the opposite of the misogyny thread or what

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

its whatever you want it to be friend the threads are a reflection of our collective souls not an opportunity to tether ourselves to outdated binaries

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im a misogynist

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Smythe posted:

im a misogynist

oh yeah? name every broad

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

redneck nazgul posted:

oh yeah? name every broad

they're all the same so why bother

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

anna slatz is really fuckin hot. she's fuckin fine bro and everyone who disagrees is poisoned by political discourse & ideology

prove me wrong

Nah she sucks rear end

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
slitz

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Judakel posted:

feminism really went sideways the last 10 years. hosed up

It's more that people actually started realising the contradictions that had been festering for a long while

Kinda feels like for a long while there was a strain of 'girls rule, boys drool' feminism that was dismissed as harmless and funny by people who later wondered where all these frothing hateful terfs came from.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

prove me wrong

you should be beaten with iron bars for thinking this, and also in general

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
for context

anna slatz is a weirdo who obsesses over trans people every single day

https://twitter.com/Slatzism very normal human being

Ash Crimson has issued a correction as of 07:37 on Nov 18, 2021

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao she looks like alvin

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Judakel posted:

they're all the same so why bother

there's Sheila, there's Jane, there's Pamela, there's Stacy...

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
anna slatz is a hosed up looking little goblin. if you think shes hot they should put you in jail

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
I'm a misandrist

Payment Day
May 12, 2018

by Hand Knit

some plague rats posted:

anna slatz is a hosed up looking little goblin. if you think shes hot they should put you in jail

What a bitch

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Payment Day posted:

What a bitch

sure but im not wrong

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Feminism is when you reduce people to their biology and genitals and then using that as a justification for discrimination against trans people apparently

Fauxbot
Jan 20, 2009

I need more wine.
this forum of weird stalinist men will definitely make for a good feminism thread. i can feel it in my bones.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
thread is off to a good start. bookmark'd!

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Smythe posted:

im a misogynist

tokin opposition posted:

I'm a misandrist

the dialectic may now begin

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

I'm a misandrist

first good post in the thread

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Fauxbot posted:

this forum of weird [strike]stalinist men[/strike] will definitely make for a good feminism thread. i can feel it in my bones.

They might have been stalinists once, they're kinda just burnt out nihalist weirdos now

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
this is what a feminist looks like

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
The old late-stage LF versions of this thread went to "interesting" places, this one looks like it's off to a great start!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Remember that one lady who dressed up as a man to see what it was like, then got rejected so hard that she spent some time in an insane asylum?

Norah Vincent, I think she was called

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

everyone seems to be really knee-jerk mad about feminists atm but i'll still keep being that garbage

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

One More Fat Nerd posted:

The old late-stage LF versions of this thread went to "interesting" places, this one looks like it's off to a great start!

time to fire it back up again!!

All piv sex is rape

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Fauxbot posted:

this forum of weird stalinist men will definitely make for a good feminism thread. i can feel it in my bones.

Thanks for contributing nothing of use. You must be a second waver.

So what's everyone favorite feminist author? Mine is Judith Butler because I love words.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Forceholy posted:

Remember that one lady who dressed up as a man to see what it was like, then got rejected so hard that she spent some time in an insane asylum?

Norah Vincent, I think she was called

Doing transface.... Smdh

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
she seemed fairly respectful towards people with gender dysphoria at least

quote:

CONAN: The high price, you had a, well, nervous breakdown, is that too far?

Ms. VINCENT: No, no, no, that's what I say in the book. That's quite fair. I had a, I would say, nervous breakdown. I really went into a terrible depression. And in fact I would add to that, you know, since Reid called in, you know, that I think I also developed a tremendous empathy for transsexuals because I think part of what precipitated that breakdown was also the fact that trying to hold two gender identities in your mind at the same time, it sets up this cognitive dissonance that's really untenable. So, I was sort of doing the reverse, you know, to what transsexuals do. So I remained a woman. My brain was female. I felt that I was a woman very strongly, but I was trying to pass as a man. And that's just a conflict that I couldn't sustain.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

tokin opposition posted:

Thanks for contributing nothing of use. You must be a second waver.

So what's everyone favorite feminist author? Mine is Judith Butler because I love words.

how cancelled is dworkin

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

also can we count le guin and octavia butler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Fauxbot posted:

I’m a Maoist tho