Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Aaron Rodgers is 1-2 vs. the Vikings over the last two seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Darth Brooks posted:

Aaron Rodgers is 1-2 vs. the Vikings over the last two seasons.

I looked up Kirk Cousins season stats and they were way better than I expected.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

remember when the WFT did this on defense against the Broncos after Sean Taylor died and Shanahan called a run toward that side of the field

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

DariusLikewise posted:

Rams good

Browns dumb for letting OBJ go

Not really dumb it wasn't working out there. That kind of thing happens sometimes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

Not really dumb it wasn't working out there. That kind of thing happens sometimes.

yeah they were dumb for 1. not figuring out how to use him 2. not getting anything in return for him, letting him walk after failing at those two and him starting to get cranky was an ok decision imo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

indigi posted:

remember when the WFT did this on defense against the Broncos after Sean Taylor died and Shanahan called a run toward that side of the field

It wasn’t Denver, it was the Dick Jauron Buffalo Bills where they lined up with 10 men for the first defensive play and the Bills ran Fred Jackson toward that side for like 25~ yards.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

fartknocker posted:

It wasn’t Denver, it was the Dick Jauron Buffalo Bills where they lined up with 10 men for the first defensive play and the Bills ran Fred Jackson toward that side for like 25~ yards.

I’m giggling like an idiot at this mental image.

Did they get booed?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

fartknocker posted:

drat why did I think it was the Broncos

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I looked up Kirk Cousins season stats and they were way better than I expected.

Somewhere, there's a universe where Kirk Cousins plays for teams that don't have a fetish for failure, and he probably has a ring. I mean he's better than half the QBs that have won while he's been in the league.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

indigi posted:

fartknocker posted:

Lol. The competitive spirit.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

fartknocker posted:

Is there a video of this?

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

fartknocker posted:

lol - I had never heard about this

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

indigi posted:

drat why did I think it was the Broncos

Because Mike Shanahan wishes he could have done that.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Same old sorry rear end Rams Cardinals.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
I remember it. Must have been revenge for Taylor lighting up our punter in the pro bowl.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

Is there a video of this?

https://youtu.be/1YW2jGnU18Q

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I would like to thank the Vikings for letting go of Mike Hughes for a 7th round pick

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1470444656202682371

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Thanks

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
…you have to commit a penalty if you’re doing the “honor the player” thing. You commit a penalty, the other team honorably declines, you send your 11th man out, and life goes on. Ideally it’s an obvious pre-snap penalty like reaching out and tapping an opposing linesman on the shoulder. You can’t just line up with 10 men on defense and expect the other team to, what, waste a play in tribute to your player?

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

These coaches have production meetings and talk pre game so it should be easy to arrange the 10 men on the field to honor a player thing, get flagged for delay of game, the other team declines the penalty and then go on with the rest of the game. Dick Jauron might just be an rear end in a top hat

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Delay of game would go against the offense; it’s legal to play with ten men. You want the other team to be honorably declining a penalty, not expecting them to give you something in tribute that you’ll turn down.

Feels like the coach wanted to make a more dramatic point by playing a man down during an actual play, which makes this not a tribute but actually a challenge to the opposing team.

rjmccall fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Dec 14, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Would've been nice if they could've mentioned what the longest one was!

Stafford had a nice one last night that must've ben around 60 air yards, threw it from his own 40 and it was caught pretty much right on the goal line iirc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdNWiFmcUqg

e: maybe more like 57 or 58. still dope

AndrewP posted:

Plenty of bad calls in BAL @ CLE. This was called DPI. It lead to a FG. The ravens lost by 2

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNFRules/status/1470108759489974273

It’s not about Brady, the refs are all terrible

One bad call is not the same as 4 or 5 bad calls in a row, all favoring the same team and all essentially game-deciding.

That being said, Westry's hand on Landry's shoulder is the one thing you could point to as the source of that call, that and the idea that Landry may have been trying to go through him to get to the ball, at least that's probably what's going through the ref's mind.

It is pretty bullshit however. I wouldn't call it OPI either, to me that's just a no call. DB put himself in the perfect spot and was simply running with the receiver holding his spot which is not illegal in any way

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

rjmccall posted:

Delay of game would go against the offense; it’s legal to play with ten men. You want the other team to be honorably declining a penalty, not expecting them to give you something in tribute that you’ll turn down.

Feels like the coach wanted to make a more dramatic point by playing a man down during an actual play, which makes this not a tribute but actually a challenge to the opposing team.

or the coach is kinda a dick

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Play posted:

Would've been nice if they could've mentioned what the longest one was!

https://mobile.twitter.com/Browns/status/1449852454686822408

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

BlindSite posted:

or the coach is kinda a dick

Dude is not honor-bound to start his drive on 2nd down or 1st and 15 just because a former player on the opposing team died.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

rjmccall posted:

Dude is not honor-bound to start his drive on 2nd down or 1st and 15 just because a former player on the opposing team died.

He could have realized what was obviously happening, taken a delay, then Washington would have declined the penalty. You know, which is what happened on the other side that sparked this recollection.

Why you want to defend this so much is rather baffling.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean yes he is clearly.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

rjmccall posted:

Yeah as if they should show deference to a lovely nfc team they play once every 4 years.

I miss when that old rear end coach they had tried to ice the Bills kicker but had gone senile and called back to back timeouts drawing a 15 yard penalty.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ah of course. hail marys should be banned, that's not in the spirit of this competition

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/belloe_belloe/status/1470880984392478724

I've watched this like 30 times I don't see how he knew he was coming but I guess if you are a DB playing Trent Williams you better loving be paying attention

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

pasaluki posted:

I miss when that old rear end coach they had tried to ice the Bills kicker but had gone senile and called back to back timeouts drawing a 15 yard penalty.

Joe Gibbs, his second time around.

Fun fact: when Joe Gibbs did that, he was younger than Pete Carroll or Bill Belichick are today. (66 vs 70 and 69)

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Hamhandler posted:

https://twitter.com/belloe_belloe/status/1470880984392478724

I've watched this like 30 times I don't see how he knew he was coming but I guess if you are a DB playing Trent Williams you better loving be paying attention

I don't think he saw it, maybe he felt it, but overall I think he was just moving forward and Trent Williams missed him/just got a hand on him. Being a 300+ pound man running at full speed doesn't lend it itself to quick changes in direction

Also the week 14 mic'd up came out but i'm too lazy to get it y'all know how to find it it's on youtube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's no more aftermath to be had. Eat poo poo.