Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
loving lol Steelers couldn't beat the Vikings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
absolutely lmao claypool

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1469165786975637509

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

he's a clueless dipshit

team sucks, offense sucks, defense even worse somehow, entire coaching staff is horrific

garbage all the way down

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He yelled at the guard after the play too lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

He yelled at the guard after the play too lol

yeah that's insane lol, like he thought it was trai turner was getting in his way

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I was watching the Game Awards and wasn't paying attention to the game until the second half, but I was definitely hoping to see the Vikings blow the game just because of how hilarious it would have been.

Neither team deserved to win, though

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I was legit cry laughing after the score was 36-28. All the way till a couple minutes ago. God the vikings are so terrible, despite winning.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

You cannot convince me this didn't give at least one old yinzer a heart attack.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Roasted Donut posted:

he's a clueless dipshit

team sucks, offense sucks, defense even worse somehow, entire coaching staff is horrific

garbage all the way down

Please fire Tomlin

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

WOW WHAT ARE YOU THE NO FUN LEAGUE???

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

two bad teams

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Does Claypool think the clock stops after a first down, like in college ball? Did he not know how little time was left?

Either way, :laffo:

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The clock should always stop when a player is celebrating.

Wanna see some fillibustering as a team refuses to lose and so they must nonstop celebrate.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Hizawk posted:

The clock should always stop when a player is celebrating.

Wanna see some fillibustering as a team refuses to lose and so they must nonstop celebrate.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Does Claypool think the clock stops after a first down, like in college ball?

yeah

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
He said the refs were too far anyway. If only he had legs

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Despera posted:

He said the refs were too far anyway. If only he had legs

lol what a dipshit

If that offensive lineman had time to run to you to grab the ball, you could've ran and put it in front of the center like where it needs to end up

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

A loving Moron posted:

I got tackled near the hash, did my little first-down point and went to hand the ball to the ref. He had just got there. So, even if I got right up and looked for him, he wasn't there. He ran down the field to come get the ball. The ball got knocked out of my hands. That's what cost us time. But I definitely do have to be better. I knew the situation.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
We have to penalize celebrations again, taunting wasn't fare enough.

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar
even when the vikings win they lose. Zimmer and Kirk, 4 more years

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Lol, I didn't even want the Steelers to win, but I was screaming at my TV when I saw this.

I wanted a tie

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/iAmQuallan/status/1469297645864865796?t=Fvj-7DdE04ACHtn3nyc2Ew&s=19

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/JordanDajani/status/1469313562254491656?t=SsVb9rTWUttZkQnCZUvD-A&s=19

lol

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

thats a football playa

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
How could you fire zimmers when he's coaching up his boys with those kinds of football plays?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Those are always hilarious when it's your team and absolutely infuriating when it's the other team. I still remember the game the Bengals won by intentionally taking forever to get off the ball carrier versus the Seahawks like a decade ago. And then there's the time the Ravens had the 25-second long punt play that hosed us five or six years back. Good times.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Any given someday

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6f7FIhRhVo

amateur stuff by chase here, should've blamed the wind

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

Those are always hilarious when it's your team and absolutely infuriating when it's the other team. I still remember the game the Bengals won by intentionally taking forever to get off the ball carrier versus the Seahawks like a decade ago. And then there's the time the Ravens had the 25-second long punt play that hosed us five or six years back. Good times.

Was that the intentional safety punt?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If I remember right they realized special teams fouls don't stop the clock so every punt protector and lineman just grabbed a Bengal and held the poo poo outa them as long as they could. Honestly hard to be mad it was so clever.

Edit: yep, forgot it was also a safety, lol.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
LMAO Steelers, LMAO.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

This was like his fifth mistake too:

-Asked for music at practice (the very DEPTHS of evil) which made Tomlin bigmad
-Big drop on third down
-Got lucky as hell not to lose a fumble reaching for the first down marker
-Another drop
-Yelling at a teammate
-This

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Eifert Posting posted:

If I remember right they realized special teams fouls don't stop the clock so every punt protector and lineman just grabbed a Bengal and held the poo poo outa them as long as they could. Honestly hard to be mad it was so clever.

Edit: yep, forgot it was also a safety, lol.

They did the same poo poo in the Superbowl against the 49ers lol. What was weird was they didn't change the rule until after the Bengals game

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Also the kicker is that a foul for holding in the endzone is a safety so... if you're taking an intentional safety you can just hold all you want. I don't remember how they fixed the rule - probably putting whatever time back on the clock I guess. Maybe changing how it works in 2 min situations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Also the kicker is that a foul for holding in the endzone is a safety so... if you're taking an intentional safety you can just hold all you want. I don't remember how they fixed the rule - probably putting whatever time back on the clock I guess. Maybe changing how it works in 2 min situations.

what was the cherry on top was that they didnt even call holding on the intentional safety, lmao

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Borsche69 posted:

I’m almost certain that there has been no rule change for this. If you had the lead on offense, and you had ten blockers who could pin ten defenders while your ball carrier evaded the last one for fifteen minutes straight, you could run out the entire fourth quarter in a single play.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Play posted:

This was like his fifth mistake too:

-Asked for music at practice (the very DEPTHS of evil) which made Tomlin bigmad
-Big drop on third down
-Got lucky as hell not to lose a fumble reaching for the first down marker
-Another drop
-Yelling at a teammate
-This

I wont dock Claypool for reaching for the 1st down marker, that was just a really good play by Harrison Smith

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
https://twitter.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1470061048757571584

loving lol it's always wild to me a team as successful as the Steelers has so many goofy things on D where a motion just mega fucks them. I haven't seen the classic "LB trying to carry a #3 WR 30 yards down the field" in any of their games this year though.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
At some point there’s a rule about “patently unfair acts” or something like that which is supposed to give the refs carte blanche to fix egregious abuses. But they almost certainly wouldn’t use it for something like an extra twenty seconds coming off the clock.