Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

kumba posted:

vegemite is easily the worst thing

i haven't tried it in over 25 years and yet i still have a very vivid memory of the exact way it tastes: terrible in every way

I like vegemite and marmite, it's pretty good as long as you don't overdo it. A little bit spread on some buttered toast is delicious.

The grossest thing I've ever eaten was sushi at a place in florida. They had some specialty roll that was supposed to be super spicy and you could order it from level 1 to level 5. I ordered it level 5, but they didn't have everything to make it, so they made me a level 4. All it turned out to be was a regular sushi roll with liquefied horseradish poured over top. Not even the root, this stuff was just completely clear and runny like a simple syrup. The 4 pieces of roll were sitting in a pool of it.

I love horseradish (grew up in the horseradish capital of the world) but jesus christ it was nauseating. I managed to eat it and keep it down for a while but puked about an hour later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

kntfkr posted:

my dad accidentally ate pork tartare in germany. apparently they inspect it under a microscope

I’ve eaten blood-rare pork before which would have been disconcerting in a restaurant that I didn’t trust.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

tartare is great

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I decided canned chinese food sounded like a great idea when i was a kid. It wasn't. It wasn't at all

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Probably a decade ago there was a thread on SA that asked you to combine all the sauces in your fridge and eat it.

I think that was probably the most gross thing I've eaten.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Fredrik1 posted:

Probably a decade ago there was a thread on SA that asked you to combine all the sauces in your fridge and eat it.

I think that was probably the most gross thing I've eaten.

Me and my friends would make disgusting drink combinations for fun.

Dew the Dew is pretty bad. It's equal parts Mountain and Tullimore Dew.

The worst headache I've ever had was after a night of chasing tequila with homemade mead. Death would have been preferable. Just vomiting bile for a day. All moisture expunged from my stupid, stupid body.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Yer mom's pussy, OP

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Drank a Snapple fruit punch and it was unusually sweet, but whatever. Halfway thru I finally look in the bottle and see a fungus spore, about the size of a nickel, attached to the bottom of the glass. I still shudder when I think about it

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I had some half and half that was three weeks past date. Gave me a week and a half of intestinal agony.

As for what would be traditionally gross, probably haggis. I didn't mind it, tasted mostly like black pepper.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Camel hump was a tough one for me. And any intestines I have had (camel, sheep, goat) just cause all the stuff inside and to be polite try to take a little bit. But intestines stretch out like a slinky and that little piece ends up being 10 inches of intestine in your mouth with lots of half digested greens in it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
probably pig intestine, in china. it was good though (a little earthy, perhaps, but that's what the chilis are for...) i'll try almost anything once and usually it's good

as far as the thing i personally thought was and tasted grossest, was probably zucchini

Hector Delgado posted:

Drank a Snapple fruit punch and it was unusually sweet, but whatever. Halfway thru I finally look in the bottle and see a fungus spore, about the size of a nickel, attached to the bottom of the glass. I still shudder when I think about it

once i took the lid off my water cup with a lid and straw thing after using it for a little while and there was a spiderweb underneath

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
One of those "canned" tarantulas

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Tripe. I only tried it because it was made by the amazing cooks in a Sicilian immigrant family on my block. Plus peer pressure.

The texture was a horror show. It was exactly the same as the roof of your mouth. Felt like the exact same ridges, patterns. Imagine having a mouthful of human mouth roofs. That's what tripe was like.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Hector Delgado posted:

That was a part of the Snapple experience. You ever try a Fruitopia? Those things were moldy when they hit the shelves, but it was the 90’s, we didn’t know any better, we drank that poo poo like it cured the AIDS we were all terrified of getting despite being virgins, cause again, 90’s.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
The great thing about the new Snapple bottle design is that you know the ones with the new design are relatively fresh.

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
I once had a congee that had bits of century egg in it, and I thought it was quite good so I bought a pack of century eggs from the local Asian market

The whites (blacks?) were pretty inoffensive but the yolk tasted like someone was harvesting cloaca farts next to a sulphur processing plant

Adding rice vinegar and soy sauce as recommended by the package just made it taste like there was a vinegar and soy sauce factory nearby too

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Mozi posted:

probably pig intestine, in china. it was good though (a little earthy, perhaps, but that's what the chilis are for...) i'll try almost anything once and usually it's good

as far as the thing i personally thought was and tasted grossest, was probably zucchini

once i took the lid off my water cup with a lid and straw thing after using it for a little while and there was a spiderweb underneath

I like pig intestine I sometimes get it at Chinese restaurants where I live

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Eggplant. It's just vile in any form or shape. Just absolute horror.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Has anyone said yer mam yet? Haha gettit?

In truth Head Cheese. Nasty stuff.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Collateral posted:

Has anyone said yer mam yet? Haha gettit?

In truth Head Cheese. Nasty stuff.

Head cheese is fine. I don’t know what it tastes like but it looks deliciously gross. It’s the meat that Conan wouldn’t eat when he went to Berlin, or Hamburg, or wherever he went, the point was he refused to eat something less gross than SPAM, which every American thinks is deliciously catfoody. I will eat any meat as long as I’m assured it isn’t poisonous, illegal, or human.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Tripe and Mett are some of my favorite foods. I used to get really good, really fresh pork from Klaus in Indianapolis but then FOXNEWS bumrushed him during a BSE scare (he butchers animals, a customer asked for a bunch of brains and poo poo so he obliged. GOTCHA! Cameras everywhere).

I miss it. I need to find a better butcher near where I live. The gosei butcher close to my house was disgusted when I suggested it.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
The drive to my mother in law's passes by a White Castle on Route 1 in New Jersey. I was headed there once about 3 years ago and saw a sign out front that said "Crabcakes are Back! 99¢!" and played it cool and kept going. And we got to my mother in law's and did whatever, i don't remember, because I was thinking hard about 99 Cent White Castle Crab Cake Sandwiches. I didn't get them on the way home, because I couldn't let my girlfriend know I was going to eat something so hosed up. But when I got to work I told my friend Brian about it. And he was like, I dunno.

So anyway, I kept thinking about these White Castle Crab Cake Sandwiches, which sounded so gross but I was interested. My girlfriend had a hair appointment at 1pm that coming Saturday. And I talked to Brian, and I was like "Im gonna do it" and again, he was like, i dunno man.

So my girlfriend went to her hair appointment, and like 10 minutes after she left I smoked a ton of weed and went to White Castle. And I got 2 crab cake sandwiches and then 4 sliders and some fries, then I drove home. And I ate the crab cake sandwich, which cost 99 cents.

Let me tell you. It was terrible. Like, I don't know what the hell it was. I think it was mostly sawdust and shredded newspapers, mixed with a sprinkle of nearly expired imitation crab for a slighty "fishy" flavor. I took one bite, and I'm not religious, but involuntarily I said "that is unholy" to nobody because there was nobody else there and threw it away. I threw away the rest of the White Castle. Then I took the trash out to the dumpster. And I didn't eat any lunch at all after that.

The grossest thing I have ever eaten was lutefisk in Oslo.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Wrageowrapper just reminded me of this time cadbury put out a vegemite chocolate. I’d banished that memory from my mind. That’s the worst. I’ll eat the mouldy moth again before eating more of that abomination and I loving love vegemite on hot buttered toast.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Head cheese is fine. I don’t know what it tastes like but it looks deliciously gross. It’s the meat that Conan wouldn’t eat when he went to Berlin, or Hamburg, or wherever he went, the point was he refused to eat something less gross than SPAM, which every American thinks is deliciously catfoody. I will eat any meat as long as I’m assured it isn’t poisonous, illegal, or human.

The jelly is vile, worse than the stuff you get in pork pie.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

The drive to my mother in law's passes by a White Castle on Route 1 in New Jersey. I was headed there once about 3 years ago and saw a sign out front that said "Crabcakes are Back! 99¢!" and played it cool and kept going. And we got to my mother in law's and did whatever, i don't remember, because I was thinking hard about 99 Cent White Castle Crab Cake Sandwiches. I didn't get them on the way home, because I couldn't let my girlfriend know I was going to eat something so hosed up. But when I got to work I told my friend Brian about it. And he was like, I dunno.

So anyway, I kept thinking about these White Castle Crab Cake Sandwiches, which sounded so gross but I was interested. My girlfriend had a hair appointment at 1pm that coming Saturday. And I talked to Brian, and I was like "Im gonna do it" and again, he was like, i dunno man.

So my girlfriend went to her hair appointment, and like 10 minutes after she left I smoked a ton of weed and went to White Castle. And I got 2 crab cake sandwiches and then 4 sliders and some fries, then I drove home. And I ate the crab cake sandwich, which cost 99 cents.

Let me tell you. It was terrible. Like, I don't know what the hell it was. I think it was mostly sawdust and shredded newspapers, mixed with a sprinkle of nearly expired imitation crab for a slighty "fishy" flavor. I took one bite, and I'm not religious, but involuntarily I said "that is unholy" to nobody because there was nobody else there and threw it away. I threw away the rest of the White Castle. Then I took the trash out to the dumpster. And I didn't eat any lunch at all after that.

The grossest thing I have ever eaten was lutefisk in Oslo.

Why would you do this?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

kumba posted:

vegemite is easily the worst thing

i haven't tried it in over 25 years and yet i still have a very vivid memory of the exact way it tastes: terrible in every way

It hasn't changed. I buy other 'mites instead. I can hardly believe I actually liked the stuff as a kid.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i like all the 'mites, just on toast. marmite was a little better maybe

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
what about termites

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i ate dog and ant soup in cambodia. also deep fried dog

it wasn’t that good tbh

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

BigBadSteve posted:

It hasn't changed. I buy other 'mites instead. I can hardly believe I actually liked the stuff as a kid.

vegemite is astoundingly delicious. umami and salt, what’s not to like

marmite is pretty good. the other mites taste like fart paste afaict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Edgar posted:

One of those "canned" tarantulas

plz post a photo of whatever the gently caress this is