Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

dodge em all let the architect sort em out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Chinatown posted:

the matrix but everyones got big bazongas

With every post you make more sense

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Chinatown posted:

the matrix but everyones got big bazongas

Personally I'm hoping the new matrix is a REALLY heavy handed trans allegory.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Matrix but with that Cyberpunk 2077 glitch where their breasts and penises keep clipping through their clothes.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Weka posted:

Personally I'm hoping the new matrix is a REALLY heavy handed trans allegory.

It's a heavy handed trains allegory
- really long
- full of people you don't care about
- nerds line up to see 'em

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
It always bugged the gently caress outta me that people in the matrix can bend the rules and do poo poo against the programming. Like what kind of dumbfuck idiot robot architect wrote the matrix to be loving client-authoritative? Was the architect fresh out of Full Sail or some poo poo. I'm really loving angry about this, client-server architecture is a serious subject and the matrix movies poo poo all over it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Matrix operates on neural-interactive feedback that constantly checks the objective model of the rendered world against the subjective perception of the subject. If someone's subjective view of reality is skewed from the matrix, the matrix "corrects" itself to reflect their expectations of reality in order to preserve the illusion. This is why "it's not the spoon that bends, but yourself."

HTH

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Applewhite posted:

The Matrix operates on neural-interactive feedback that constantly checks the objective model of the rendered world against the subjective perception of the subject. If someone's subjective view of reality is skewed from the matrix, the matrix "corrects" itself to reflect their expectations of reality in order to preserve the illusion. This is why "it's not the spoon that bends, but yourself."

HTH

Yes, and that makes it client-authoritative, as that poster said. As modern MMOs have taught us, that is just a bad idea.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the matrix but the king machine is big into fast food mascot bimbofication and feet & instead of raybans everybody looks like a slutty ronald mcdonald, wendy, jolly bee or dairy queen &cetera and no one wears shoes and it's just so hella rude omg on HBO MAX

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
So you're saying I can just imagine really hard that I have a massive 14 inch ogre cock and the matrix has to comply? Not that I have to imagine IRL because my hog is loving gigantic but I digress; What happens when someone else perceives me as being smooth-crotched like a ken doll? Does my dick turn into a ghost dick? I really don't think the scriptwriters considered this nuance when coming up with the concept.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqLY96_zezc

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Yes, and that makes it client-authoritative, as that poster said. As modern MMOs have taught us, that is just a bad idea.

If it didn't correct at least a little bit based on our subjective perception then if there were something off in the matrix people would pick up on it right away.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

nightwisher posted:

So you're saying I can just imagine really hard that I have a massive 14 inch ogre cock and the matrix has to comply? Not that I have to imagine IRL because my hog is loving gigantic but I digress; What happens when someone else perceives me as being smooth-crotched like a ken doll? Does my dick turn into a ghost dick? I really don't think the scriptwriters considered this nuance when coming up with the concept.

There is no dick.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Why does Neo end the first matrix by literally jumping inside of Agent Smith and exploding him from the inside out and then never uses this amazing ability again and why does no one ever ask him why he doesn’t just do that all the time?

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

Why does Neo end the first matrix by literally jumping inside of Agent Smith and exploding him from the inside out and then never uses this amazing ability again and why does no one ever ask him why he doesn’t just do that all the time?

Probably because what he did didn't kill Smith but turned him into an infinitely-replicating virus so having more running around was undesirable.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Probably because what he did didn't kill Smith but turned him into an infinitely-replicating virus so having more running around was undesirable.

I accept this answer

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

just saw the new movie and i thought it was pretty good

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

hell astro course posted:

just saw the new movie and i thought it was pretty good

Well I saw it and thought it was very, very bad

fcc compliant bob
Jan 15, 2006

The must un-fantastic avitar on the forum (guranteed!)

The Bloop posted:

The Matrix partially works the way you think it does, since it's software running on your own brain. That means the Rule of Cool is real there.

This is a salient point to accepting certain Matrix scenes. Toward the end of Resurrections Smith turns into some other person Does it make sense? Of course not. In the context of the Matrix? Yeah. That scene didn't make sense but progressed the story along nicely.

Maybe I didn't follow the ending all the way through, but there were a lot of moments when they would say "Oh nooo" and I had no idea what was going on, but it progressed the story well without having necessarily needing to know what it was preterit to. You just knew it was something that wasn't supposed to happen.

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

President in Residence posted:

The agent could have easily moved out of the way in the time it took for her to deliver that one-liner. Especially considering that it had literally been dodging bullets just seconds before.

What's up with that?

she had to say it cause it was in the script

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

when she says “dodge this” and blasts the agent he’s jumped out of the security guard he was inhabiting before he hit the ground, and she was right up in his face, it seems pretty clear he just bailed since he’s outnumbered and neither of them are dying as easily as expected

the “dodge this” has bugged me for like a decade but I’m watching this for the first time in ages and it seriously plays fine in context

Applewhite posted:

it’s been loving ages since I saw them but iirc this was the entire point of the two sequels, “the one” is a lovely bugfix to counteract a flaw that allows an agent to take over the entire simulation and allows for/helps engineer a hard reboot of the whole system. the “it’s not 1999, it’s actually at least 2199-ish, maybe” thing from the first movie works better with that in mind too

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Why did the robbits design a system where they needed ”agents” to take out rebels? Why didn’t they just change a line of code to delete Neo or whatev

We even see them alter the matrix in realtime when they trap our heroes in the first movie so they should be able to do almost anything

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.
"Do you think these are posts you are reading?"

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Collapsing Farts posted:

Why did the robbits design a system where they needed ”agents” to take out rebels? Why didn’t they just change a line of code to delete Neo or whatev

We even see them alter the matrix in realtime when they trap our heroes in the first movie so they should be able to do almost anything

the “they” you are referring to is the agents themselves, and they absolutely can snap their fingers and kill anyone still connected to the matrix normally instead of through a pirate signal. the only reason they didn’t do it to Neo in the first one is that they don’t realize he’s The One and want to use him to track down morpheus or some of the AIs like the Oracle and the Architect know he’s the One but also know he’s necessary to fix things again

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
lol that the new movie ends with a song by that lady who pissed on that guy

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Wtf is jolly bee

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

The Scientist posted:

lol that the new movie ends with a song by that lady who pissed on that guy

Chicks rock

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Poohs Packin posted:

Wtf is jolly bee

a misspelling of one of the earth's largest fast food chains

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Actually she said Doge this, and that's what killed the agent. The bullet was just a final spit in the face

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Rockman Reserve posted:

when she says “dodge this” and blasts the agent he’s jumped out of the security guard he was inhabiting before he hit the ground, and she was right up in his face, it seems pretty clear he just bailed since he’s outnumbered and neither of them are dying as easily as expected

the “dodge this” has bugged me for like a decade but I’m watching this for the first time in ages and it seriously plays fine in context
“Dodge this”
“Ok” *leaves body, security guard blinks himself awake*
*guard gets shot in the head*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Collaborators are not your friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Watched the trash fire that was resurrections so rewatched the first one. Dodge this retains value.