Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
First post in this thread. No self-posted photos. Sorry.

This was a LIE. I tasted apples 100%, but zero spice. Since alcohol isn't required to post their ingredients on the can/bottle, I had no clue if there was even any spice included at all. As a plain apple cider, it was pretty good and crisp. As a "pumpkin spice" cider, stop lying to your customers palettes.

If you have ever vaped, you might know the taste of the popular RY4 liquid. In that case, this is literally RY4 in a bottle of booze. What that means is this is disgusting. If you haven't vaped, or have tried RY4, this poo poo is loving gross. Please avoid at all costs. I knew I should have picked up the tried-and-true chocolate porter. gently caress me.

Edit: A HATEFUL SNIPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

PITY BONER posted:

First post in this thread. No self-posted photos. Sorry.

This was a LIE. I tasted apples 100%, but zero spice. Since alcohol isn't required to post their ingredients on the can/bottle, I had no clue if there was even any spice included at all. As a plain apple cider, it was pretty good and crisp. As a "pumpkin spice" cider, stop lying to your customers palettes.

If you have ever vaped, you might know the taste of the popular RY4 liquid. In that case, this is literally RY4 in a bottle of booze. What that means is this is disgusting. If you haven't vaped, or have tried RY4, this poo poo is loving gross. Please avoid at all costs. I knew I should have picked up the tried-and-true chocolate porter. gently caress me.

Edit: A HATEFUL SNIPE

Pumpkin Spice ciders I've had have ranged from "oh that's A LOT of pumpkin spice" to "wait did I grab the wrong cider?", like I don 't ever remember having a GOOD pumpkin spice cider and I feel like it'd be something that's super fuckin' easy to figure out. I'll see if I can find any locally here in Michigan and will share experiences

As for the beer, I've found that a lot of those "Flavored Porter/Stout" types taste awful because everything tastes artificial or just... off. It's part of why I don't really buy a lot of flavored porter/stout 6 packs anymore, will try it if its on tap but otherwise too much of a gamble

I'm back drinking Wednesday for a coworkers going away party, should be fun!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

bagmonkey posted:

As for the beer, I've found that a lot of those "Flavored Porter/Stout" types taste awful because everything tastes artificial or just... off. It's part of why I don't really buy a lot of flavored porter/stout 6 packs anymore, will try it if its on tap but otherwise too much of a gamble

I’m in the same boat unless its Oddside. I trust them and they haven’t hurt me yet.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

I don't remember what the hell I was jumping between last night but it was good stuff.

Should probably have a couple of days off the drink, I've been on it for the last nine days straight thanks to various reasons for celebration, in addition to the usual "getting pissed-up because it was the weekend" reason.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I’m in the same boat unless its Oddside. I trust them and they haven’t hurt me yet.

Same, even Bell's porter/stouts I don't trust fully anymore because they often times are very same-y even though they are good.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

I don't remember what the hell I was jumping between last night but it was good stuff.

Should probably have a couple of days off the drink, I've been on it for the last nine days straight thanks to various reasons for celebration, in addition to the usual "getting pissed-up because it was the weekend" reason.

This was how I started my project of trying as many NA beers as I could. Replaced one of my "drink a beer after yardwork or w/e" nights with NA beers and it's been a pretty pro move

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
One of my local bars apparently has FIVE different NA options these days which is FIVE more than they had before, very exciting! Soda gun doesn't count as an NA beverage because ugh nasty

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

bagmonkey posted:

Same, even Bell's porter/stouts I don't trust fully anymore because they often times are very same-y even though they are good.

Bell’s cherry stout is one of the worst beers I’ve ever had

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i really like Sweet Baby Jesus! peanut butter stout tho

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i really like Sweet Baby Jesus! peanut butter stout tho

I was shocked when I tried the Sweet Baby Chai and it was actually really fuckin' good. I might need to find that again this winter

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

bagmonkey posted:

I feel exactly the same way, and would also describe them as a gamble I am not often willing to take. Plus, they tend to cost more than non-gamble beverages, so that compounds the "not today" vibe I tend to get.

However, if any of you are in the PNW, you must try this:

I've tried different chocolate flavored beverages and they've always too much of one ingredient or not enough of another, but this one gets the chocolate so right it's shocking. It tastes like you're drinking a 70% cacao chocolate bar with a shaving of coconut on top. Not too sweet, not too dry. If someone is not from the area and wants to try something interesting, this is on my "just buy it" recommendation.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Yeah buddy

Really dang good, feel guilty for enjoying a Bob Dubalina

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
September is the new Oktober.

Dunkins went in on a thing and they sell out within a week.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just had a Tecate, cheap Mexican beer goes perfectly with cheap Mexican food.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
My local bar has Konig Ludwig Hefeweizen on tap and I'm in heaven

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I am drinking one (1) Schlitz per day until DTE restores my power!!! If I develop liver problems, I will sue them!! They put me in this spot!!!!!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
dang you're out of power there?

shits fine by me.

i drank anyways.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

dang you're out of power there?

shits fine by me.

i drank anyways.

Yup, ETA back tomorrow, so probably Saturday knowing DTE. Gonna have to go buy more Schlitz tonight!!!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

bagmonkey posted:

Power's still out and I'm still drinking Schlitz

I drank NUMEROUS other beers tonight but the highlight is this Schlitz

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I was constipated the other day because blueberries. Never considered a cider.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bought and drank this beer tonight AMA

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Visiting family, found a nice bock from a brewery just down the road. 7.9%, but it doesn't taste like it.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

This thread is woefully underpopulated with delicious beer posts.

I am planning on having some tonight. It's not a choice, it's my destiny.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
How dou y'all feel about Leinenkugel's? I found four bottles of red lager in the back of the fridge and crushed em while eating a hamburger hotdog sub.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Flavor Bear posted:

How dou y'all feel about Leinenkugel's? I found four bottles of red lager in the back of the fridge and crushed em while eating a hamburger hotdog sub.

Inoffensive flavored alternative to the most mainstream of domestic offerings

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Beer is good and all but I really like ciders. I got a 6 pack of original sin crimson chaos cider the other week but I wasn't particularly impressed by it. The can looks pretty cool but it's textured weird so that also was not a like.

Always up to try something new though if someone wants to throw a recommendation at me.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

mm i love sippin hard apple cide'

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

How’d you know I was at the bar fam? I am having the Cherry Bourgogne D’Ferndale as my first, Easy Button Incognito as my second

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Grey Cat posted:

Beer is good and all but I really like ciders. I got a 6 pack of original sin crimson chaos cider the other week but I wasn't particularly impressed by it. The can looks pretty cool but it's textured weird so that also was not a like.

Always up to try something new though if someone wants to throw a recommendation at me.

Stormalong’s stuff is very solid imo. I’m pretty sure they distribute to most of the US.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Stormalong’s stuff is very solid imo. I’m pretty sure they distribute to most of the US.

I'll give it a look! :cheers:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Got some Canadian rear end beer, this was really surprising. Was expecting more sweet, got more bitter, still amazing flavor palette. Canadians are good at beer

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

bagmonkey posted:

Got some Canadian rear end beer, this was really surprising. Was expecting more sweet, got more bitter, still amazing flavor palette. Canadians are good at beer

I really like your glass.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Grey Cat posted:

I really like your glass.

Two Tides Brewing in Savannah, lady bagmo got it for me when she went to Georgia with a friend. It’s the god drat best shape glass because it nests perfectly with all of the awkward unstackable glass we have

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I’m gonna take a photo of it when I put it away to show you how clutch this one is. The design? Easy 10/10. The shape? 11/10. Overall 13/10, easily my favorite glass

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Flavor Bear posted:

Never had, how was it? Drop some deets yo

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Grey Cat posted:

Heretic

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

It was fine, I just didn't like that particular flavor as much, I'll probably try their others still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Imperial Dry from Portland Cider Co. Almost drat 9% and I'm hammed