Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Hi everyone it's the beer thread here in GBS where we can post about beer and beer related stuff. Eventually over time I may turn this OP into something actually interesting but until that day

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Jan 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I just drank through an entire mini keg of Breckenridge Christmas Ale and that was really fuckin' good but I didn't realize it was 7% whoops

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
But look everyone, this is the best drinking beer available, it will be tough to sway me on this

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
My favorite part about beer is people using increasingly detailed and slightly abstract ways of insulting other people's favorite beer such as "dirty ginger ale mixed with collapsed well water" and "industrial slag runoff filtered through a permanent marker"

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't drink beer, but I wish your thread well, op!

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJJsrNUKRZw

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I don't drink as much beer as i used to but I'm not lying when i say i actually like a hoppy IPA. I'm not sure why there's SO MANY memes about people pretending to like them.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Beer is OK but I've switched to bubbly water instead because I have a problem. Better than putting down a pint of cheap vodka or a 12 pack of Miller every night.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
fuckin make it a pbr and top off the tall boys with titos as u go ok

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I don't drink as much beer as i used to but I'm not lying when i say i actually like a hoppy IPA. I'm not sure why there's SO MANY memes about people pretending to like them.

My local brewery does NEIPAs and sours and as someone who doesn't love hoppy beers, I too am confused people think it's a pretend thing. Hops are bitter and people loving love bitter things, sorry

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

interwhat posted:

fuckin make it a pbr and top off the tall boys with titos as u go ok

PBR is my general everywhere beer. There is no better everywhere everytime beer imo

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I want to get into homebrewing some day maybe next year

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

bagmonkey posted:

PBR is my general everywhere beer. There is no better everywhere everytime beer imo

:respek: I might suggest National Bohemian for the number one spot but I cant get it in Ohio

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nooner posted:

I want to get into homebrewing some day maybe next year

Nooner do you want to forge a pact to brew at least one homebrew in 2022? I definitely want to too

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

interwhat posted:

:respek: I might suggest National Bohemian for the number one spot but I cant get it in Ohio

Where the heck can I get National Bohemian? That sounds right up my alley and we don't have it in SE MI

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Some of my favorites...

Belgians (Trappist Beers rule but not all below are made by Trappist Monks)
Abt 12
Rochefort 8 and 10
Chimay
Unibroue La Fin Du Monde, Maudite, Don De Dieu

IPAs
Troeg's Nimble Giant
Thirsty Dog's Blood Orange IPA
Fat Head's Head Hunter

Lagers
OEC Coolship Lager

Shandy
Hopping Frog Turbo Shandy

Red Ale
Great Lakes Nosferatu

Dortmunder
Great Lakes Dortmunder

Stouts
Hubbard's Cave Coco Van

Christmas Ale
Great Lakes Christmas Ale
Einstok Icelandic Winter Ale

Beer to make a batter for fish fry
Samuel Smith

There are more, I just have to remember them. Some are from local breweries and don't always sell in shop.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

bagmonkey posted:

My local brewery does NEIPAs and sours and as someone who doesn't love hoppy beers, I too am confused people think it's a pretend thing. Hops are bitter and people loving love bitter things, sorry

theres an absolute gently caress load of super hoppy but otherwise poo poo IPA's out there. They definitely peaked and subsided over the last decade or two, which is why you have NEIPA's because its the right amount of bitter without all the suck. A great example of this is Columbus Brewing Company's standard IPA. Their whole lineup is really good, see Bodhi, Creeper, and dozens of other great beers. But, their "IPA" sucks balls. Super bitter and if you add one to a night of several beers, it will be solely responsible for making you feel terrible the next day

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I like Tsingtao. :shrug:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I unironically love IPAs and have a big beard

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I used to dislike them but then I moved to the PNW where all the hops are grown and they're very good and easily available

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Where the heck can I get National Bohemian? That sounds right up my alley and we don't have it in SE MI

baltimore

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
*Sees a beer style thats been around since the 1800's* LoL hipster bullshit.

Greg of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 28, 2021

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Bud light is pretty good beer.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I pretty much drink soft drink and soda water these days. But beer is tasty no doubt. I don't get the fascination for Pilsners, the blandest of the beers. IPAs are my main squeeze but sours, Belgians, stouts, loving whatever, a good beer is a good beer.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

syntaxfunction posted:

I pretty much drink soft drink and soda water these days. But beer is tasty no doubt. I don't get the fascination for Pilsners, the blandest of the beers. IPAs are my main squeeze but sours, Belgians, stouts, loving whatever, a good beer is a good beer.

Pilsner is a great style. I think, much like IPA's, people just get worn out and over sours and big hops, and big flavours and so many sub-par versions of them, and go back to just a well made beer. And I reckon especially if you have brewed beer you have a respect for getting such a clean crisp beer, and so many breweries gently caress it up, a perfect Pilsner is just a joy.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

I like beer and also drinking the beer

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i like hefeweizens beer thread, please suggest a hefeweizen to sample and mAybe find a new favorite??????

i can get live oak, but there's so much more to see.......OR taste??????

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

OMFG FURRY posted:

i like hefeweizens beer thread, please suggest a hefeweizen to sample and mAybe find a new favorite??????

i can get live oak, but there's so much more to see.......OR taste??????

Usually cheaper, yet also better, just go for the older Euro stuff. Its everywhere, and its consistent.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

I stopped drinking beer and lost 25kg.

Even with my new life of less likely hood of diabetes and brain damage I still miss it.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Burt posted:

I stopped drinking beer and lost 25kg.

Even with my new life of less likely hood of diabetes and brain damage I still miss it.

Korsakoff Syndrome sounds like a cool film tho. Who wouldn't want that.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
https://youtu.be/yzcEG_JoVuo

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I like almost all beers, including commercial lagers and microbrew IPAs. Defining yourself by a drink flavour is a bit silly

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
I'm a Gruit guy til I die

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

A CRAB IRL posted:

Defining yourself by a drink flavour is a bit silly

No one really does this. People do enjoy stuff and thats normal.

I know when something new happens in my small boring town Im on it and I enjoy it, and my more boring friends with kids call me a hipster or just poo poo on it.

Thats because they have to create a reason to not enjoy things anymore.

A reason other than their bad decisions.

Greg of Doom fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 28, 2021

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Biology: Heres about 90 years, use them well.

You: School, Wife, have kids, complain about others having fun I cant, Die.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
And the capstone on this bullshit

Get a loving life?

Who cares what beers people drink. Have a loving look at yourself.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

syntaxfunction posted:

I think the return to "traditional" styles is a direct response to the oversaturation of IPAs, NEIPAs and Sours. I enjoy pretty much every beer out there

though there is one beer I hate, like actually hate with my heart and soul

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I went to my local brewery's member appreciation night since I got myself and lady bagmo a membership to that brewery a couple years back. It was really good and the beer was extremely cheap and there was free food and it owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm also thinking about buying my third (3rd) brewery membership. I have one that's local and one up north where I really like vacationing. Nice part is the local one I already have is lifetime!