Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

In Training posted:

Im streaming on Twitch dot tv if anybody wants to watch me try to shave off 2 seconds of DoomII Map31 No Monsters. /in_training.

caught it for a bit bro. good poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

congrats! I actually saw that when I finished Queen's Brothel this year

Thanks, I'm just glad I actually got the nod this time, unlike when Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme ignored me, despite the extensive QA testing I did.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

gonns make this year a mix of finishing games i started, and striking titles off the backlog. highly doubt i'll get to everything but if i can, bonus.
  • Ace Attorney: Justice For All + Trials and Tribulations
  • Deus Ex
  • Disco Elysium
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses - Crimson Flower + Silver Snow routes
  • Metroid Dread
  • Mother 3
  • Nier Replicant
  • Pokemon: Shining Pearl
  • Persona 4
  • Silent Hill 2
  • The Stanley Parable
  • Warioware: Get It Together!
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • Yakuza 0
  • Yume Nikki

i'm anywhere from 10 minutes in to a few hours from the end with everything here but Replicant, mostly failed but also picked up IZGC on the side so i'll take it. i also guess i've beaten Stanley Parable but i wanted to get all the endings and uhhhh i have no idea how many there actually are so lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
i didn't even get close to getting greatplayer in crawl. oh well. GhNe is going to kill me.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I haven't played FF7 since January.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

heehee posted:

caught it for a bit bro. good poo poo.

Thanks mate. I eventually got sub 33 and submitted the demo and now I'm going to grind syringe.wad MAP05.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
beat 26 games this year, worse probably being resident evil 3 remake so could have been worse. 2023 is looking to have multiple 100+ hr games on the list, lfg

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

ArfJason posted:

As for me, like synthy said, i gotta play games people have gifted me over the years. I finally did oxenfree after i was gifted it 3 years ago or so, so im game for it.

Like IT, I also wanna make a doom wad again, its been so long but my attempt during last year reminded me just how hard it is to conjure something out of the blue.

Another goal is to emulate some weirdo stuff. Wanna see what the wonderswan or the 3do have going on. Get some lynx action going.

ArfJason posted:

oh one thing i wanna do is finally play the gradius series.
im really bad at shmups so it has me worried that i wont "truly beat" them, but its somethign that ive not explored at all other than maybe playing gradius 1 on nesticle when i was 13 or smth

barely touched games ive been gifted, i got too frustrated making doom wads at like hour 2, didnt emulate any kinda niche stuff outside of the msx for metal gear 1 and 2, and as for gradius i got tired of endlessly dying in mame. Great Success

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

welcome posted:

Yakuza 5-7
Final Fantasy 12, 7R
Romancing SaGa 2
Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei
Atlantis no Nazo

Finished the Yakuzas and FF7R.
FF12 never went back on sale.
Put RS2 down for too long and got lost, didn't feel like starting over.
The second dungeon in DDS:MT gave me brain damage.
AnN sucks rear end.

So, 4/8 but I played a lot of other good games this year. Here's to unrealistic goals in 2023.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

tmfc posted:

goals for this year:
mega man x5 & x6, maybe x8
any other mega man beyond the classic and x series
any dragon quest other than the 1st

(posted the above in the Games Beat thread)

pretty easy goals, i'm almost done with DQ2 and can probably squeeze in X5/X6 and maybe a Battle Network game before EoY. lfg

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

goign to continue playing fun video games

mycophobia posted:

ok for real this time I'm going to get the Grand Master grade in Tetris the Grand Master 2: The Absolute PLUS. This year i will survive the invisible credit roll

did both of these. to next year!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I still want to beat another Castlevania before the end of the year (Harmony of Dissonance is up next), but I took a detour with Yakuza 3 and that will probably take up the rest of this month. Still happy with how many Castlevanias I got through and thanks to the imp who recommended Chronicles because it was hard as nails but really good

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mycophobia posted:

did both of these. to next year!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

mbt posted:

dungeon crawl stone soup
smt5
morrowind co-op with my brother
mother 3
bloodstained
bloodborne
phoenix wright 2/3
the entire persona series
yakuza 0

no
yes
no
almost
no
no
yes
1-2-3
no

thank you classic wow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i got a 4:41 on MAP05 of syringe.wad but I think I could get it under 4:30 with some practice. well thats another gamer goal down.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Just got a 3:41:11.1238 on Maurice-Hainted-House2003.wad E3M1. Holy gently caress my heart is racing. loving world record. :qfg: Let’s loving GO.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lmfao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Actually gently caress it. That's a good idea. I'm going to get the WR on IMPZONE.WAD

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Just got a 3:41:11.1238 on Maurice-Hainted-House2003.wad E3M1. Holy gently caress my heart is racing. loving world record. :qfg: Let’s loving GO.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Wormskull posted:

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Wormskull posted:

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Wormskull posted:

lmfao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Wormskull posted:

lmao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Wormskull posted:

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Actually gently caress it. That's a good idea. I'm going to get the WR on IMPZONE.WAD

ganbatte

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Wormskull posted:

lol

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Aston posted:

Play some Celeste custom levels, I've been meaning to for ages

I did this. They were a mixed bag but pretty fun overall.

I don't remember if I posted it anywhere but I also made progress towards greatplayer in DCSS with one more win, then on the next run I got to this position, quit out and didn't open it again for the rest of the year.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

b_d posted:

Im going to get into celestial in guilty gear strive and not just once. twice. or mayhaps moar

i did this. like three or four times :cheers:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My goal is to buy Activision Blizzard

EDIT: Oh what the gently caress

lol again

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Aston posted:

I did this. They were a mixed bag but pretty fun overall.

I don't remember if I posted it anywhere but I also made progress towards greatplayer in DCSS with one more win, then on the next run I got to this position, quit out and didn't open it again for the rest of the year.

lol. pwnd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Good luck with the win chase crawl dudes. I got greaterplayer and greaterdraconian in like 2013 and played so much that I can no longer derive any joy whatsoever from the game.