Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i mean yea that's what i've been doing because I grew up with Crass and they were pretty influential looking back, but I mean "radically yourself" in being more decisive and principled in work and creative stuff. Another thing Crass said: You must learn to live with your own conscience, your own morality, your own decisions, your own self. You alone can do it. There is no authority but yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i listened to a lot of Crass when I was a teenager and took them very seriously and I think that was good for me to do. But I've been looking at them again and they talk about being "radically yourself" which they definitely were. I've been thinking about that idea, of being "radically yourself" and I really like it. welp, thats all the sincerity I have in me for tonight. I appreciate your sincere posting though and agree with what they other guy said about being tired of irony and sarcasm.

I never cared for Crass musically. The first time I ever met the new bassist in the punk band I sang in when I was 20 (the guitarist found her), and saw her wearing a Crass shirt, I said "Crass? Jesus Christ! What's it like to be tone deaf?"

I was a fuckin' rear end hole, because I didn't give a gently caress about anything, because I had just left a cult I'd been sucked into for a year, and had lost my faith in a higher power, and was poor as poo poo, and had to work all the loving time, and couldn't even afford a place to practice with my fuckin' band, so we had to rent space by the single hour, which was restrictive and expensive, and included the time it took to load in our poo poo and break it back down. I was also whacked out on over-the-counter gas station speed, and going to school full time while working, and I was just as fuckin' intense and high-strung as a person could be, because I lived by ideals I forced upon myself, and held myself and the rest of the world up to those standards even if no one else knew or cared. I cared. It mattered to me, because I felt like I had nothing else (even though I did).

Anyway, she didn't like me at first, but once we got to know each other we realized that we both had the same ideals, and we started spending every minute together, and the band fell apart, and she and I moved in together and were attached at the hip for the next dozen years. We broke up in our early 30's, and it almost killed me.

I never did really grow to like Crass' music very much, but I quickly learned to appreciate them on a different, more powerful level thanks to my bass player, who later became my 1st wife.

And I always loved this fuckin' song, music and all. It's so fuckin' great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMNU0tH2GtY

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i mean yea that's what i've been doing because I grew up with Crass and they were pretty influential looking back, but I mean "radically yourself" in being more decisive and principled in work and creative stuff. Another thing Crass said: You must learn to live with your own conscience, your own morality, your own decisions, your own self. You alone can do it. There is no authority but yourself.

I don't tend to go too deep into it because someone always comes out to say some bullshit, but this seems relevant here. I'm a virtue ethicist and I think I might have landed on one pure virtue that everyone should be able to agree on, and it's integrity. I think all virtue can spring from integrity, too, and that it can drive whatever ethical system you land upon, while still leaving others to be correct in theirs. You may disagree, and you may attack each other, but you may both be right or both be wrong depending on a simple question: Did you act honestly based on what you believed to be right? I think that being yourself can be more than just a question of finding your personality, and that it deserves to be a moral pursuit.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
read the whole thread in a milisecond and you are nerds.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Literally A Person posted:

Takes one to know one, NERD.

How do you think the ghosts of your ancestors feel when they float around you, unable to do anything about their tintinnabulate, malodorous, illiterate, "speedreading" NERD of a relative? Do they wail and knock things around when you're alone? Or are they so ashamed by what a NERD you are that they just pretend they don't know you when the other ghosts laugh at you?

Either way, it sucks to be you, buddy. LOL!!!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Literally A Person posted:

MasonReese
Oct 8, 2004

This is gross misconduct!

Yaldabaoth posted:

I can't get over how much this kid looks like a muppet, it's crazy.

You look like a muppet.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

MasonReese posted:

You look like a muppet.

Muppets are cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvXYOFoOzZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1pwLZHBZFo

I look LITERALLY exactly like Tammy Faye Bakker's puppet pal, Susie Moppet. My hair is made of yarn, and I love Jesus.

Every day is a fresh nightmare.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Porky Pig with a wig.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Szyznyk posted:

Porky Pig with a wig.

CORRECTION: It is a burned and mangled Porky Pig with a wig.

In The Eyes of Tammy Faye documentary, she talks about making her doll by burning and molding the head of a shampoo bottle. They show of scene of that in the new movie version of that documentary.

Here's a source I found on the internet, so take it with a grain of salt.

http://wfmu.org/365/2003/180.shtml

In any case, here is the shampoo bottle in question:

poo poo gets crazy in the Soaky-verse:

Gutter Phoenix fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 10, 2022

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Gutter Phoenix posted:

Get a bidet. Or pull the garden hose through your bathroom window and use that.

do not put water from the hose up your bum this is NOT a practical philosophy!!!

bidet part's good tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Private Cumshoe posted:

do not put water from the hose up your bum this is NOT a practical philosophy!!!

bidet part's good tho

Why would you put the garden hose up your butt? Do you usually shove the hose into your lawn? Do you smash it though the passenger window when washing your car? Wave it around like a weapon and smite all the bounty in your vegetable garden?

If so, I am intrigued...

In any case, my advice would be to just use the garden hose to gently loosen the filth from your chatterbox. If you are especially begrimed, and need more water pressure, just put your thumb over the hose nozzle a little bit. Not too much, or the pressure will build up and blow your whole arm clean off, and far up into the Thermosphere, where it will then plummet back to Earth at fantastic speed, and punch you directly in the genitals. It will be hilarious, but you won't see the humor in it, and it will drive you to join the Rotary Club. So be careful.