Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

potato salad sandwich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Waltzing Along posted:

Radish? Celery?

Those don't really seem to be right for a sandwich.

I was actually thinking carrots but I just googled it and there seem to be a ton of recipes out there for things like 'carrot, cream cheese and raisin' or 'roasted carrot and kale' sandwiches.

Also, coleslaw isn't an unusual sandwich ingredient either - which has carrots.

How about peaches? A cafe near me used to make BLT's with sliced peaches instead of tomatoes and they were really good. Can't imagine them in any other sandwich though.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
A cold sandwich is an affront to god herself.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Aardvark! posted:

Wait I've got an answer on a technicality: potatoes. I wouldn't put potatoes in a sandwich. But I would put them in a salad - a potato salad. Your move, God.

Chip butties have been a thing in the UK for quite some time. They have even taken to battering and deep frying them with either gravy or curry sauce inside.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

2 acceptable sandwiches, depending on time, effort and hunger:

Baguette, sliced lengthwise
Capicola
Pepperoni
Provolone
Roasted Red Peppers
Red Onion
Wrap in foil on a baking sheet
Cool until crispy
Add vinaigrette

Sourdough Bread
Pepperjack Cheese
Black Forest Ham
Put in Panini Press
Insert in Toaster
Add brown mustard

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Valko posted:

Chip butties have been a thing in the UK for quite some time. They have even taken to battering and deep frying them with either gravy or curry sauce inside.

That's just depressing

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

numberoneposter posted:

potato salad sandwich

No.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Egg Salad Sandwich.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost

Aardvark! posted:

I love marinated artichoke hearts so I think you're correct on principle that it will be good, and I've had them before on sandwiches. However I'm not sure about the good in salad = good in sandwich theory. I think there may be some exceptions.

Transitive property, good in salad = good in theory = good in sandwich

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Three Olives posted:

Egg Salad Sandwich.

Yes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
also a croissant roll is another good sando bread

Adbot