Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just add marinated artichoke hearts to the sandwich. A sandwich is basically a salad between slices of bread. Artichoke hearts usually go in salads. Combine and WOWZA!

Enjoy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
This makes no sense at all op what are you talking about !!!!!! I'm gonna dunk you through a children's basketball hoop

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It makes no sense until you do it and your mouth thanks you.

It seems so obvious once you've done it. I've never actually seen this addition before. I'm sure someone else must have figured it out somewhere. It's seriously great!

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
OP I had two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner, and I think artichoke hearts would have been absolutely disgusting on them.

How now?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I love marinated artichoke hearts so I think you're correct on principle that it will be good, and I've had them before on sandwiches. However I'm not sure about the good in salad = good in sandwich theory. I think there may be some exceptions.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I'm wondering now actually. What would I eat in a salad that I wouldn't in a sandwich? The only thing that actually comes to mind is croutons which is just bread so doesn't really count. This is tough

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Radish? Celery?

Those don't really seem to be right for a sandwich.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
There's something barbaric about eating the heart of a living thing.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Celery was my initial thought but I think since you can use it in chicken salad which you can use in a sandwich that it is mathematically solved in salad = sandwich theorem

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Ah yes love dousing my sandwich in ranch dressing

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist

Waltzing Along posted:

Radish? Celery?

Those don't really seem to be right for a sandwich.

I add diced celery to chicken salad and egg salad and it really enhances it. You got me on radishes though.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Ah yes love dousing my sandwich in ranch dressing

I almost made the joke "I wouldn't use an entire bottle of ranch for one sandwich" but obviously you can definitely put ranch on a sandwich, and in some counties you are actually required to

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

If, just before slicing the sandwich, you say "hickus pickus suck my dickus" and then slice it really emphatically it will become a sandWITCH!!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Wait I've got an answer on a technicality: potatoes. I wouldn't put potatoes in a sandwich. But I would put them in a salad - a potato salad. Your move, God.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i like to toast an english muffin layer some prosciutto on it, squeeze a lemon, lil olive oil, ground pepper and some capers, melt a lil butter on top english muffin

great sandwich, just great

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
some day I'm going to quit my job and go to Sandwich Architect school and design the Sandwich of Tomorrow

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

oh no hickus pickus sucked my dickus and bited it off

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Aardvark! posted:

some day I'm going to quit my job and go to Sandwich Architect school and design the Sandwich of Tomorrow

Just remember the artichoke hearts.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
:drat:

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

For me, the texture of artichoke hearts is so inconsistent and sometimes has some woody poo poo in it, maybe I just buy cheap artichoke hearts.

My sandwich secret is just always adding a spicy olive tapenade. Really it's just that fat+salt+spices that makes it *chef's kiss*.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
pickled spicy peppers baby

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Canned french fried onions

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

beer gas canister posted:

Yes. Personally I prefer the milder friggitello pepper. It's distinctive sweet and spicy flavor really makes for great sandwiches

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

beer gas canister posted:

:hellyeah:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
does anyone else feel obligated to buy any and every new sauce that comes along that could up your Sandwich Game? New mustard, "aiolis" you name it, could be an all timer. Only one way to find out :q:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I never did get around to kewpie mayo

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Artichoke need there hearts to live.

#StopTheSlaughter

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Grill up and season some onions and cabbage. Have that with pastrami.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
im a boring sandwich dude because im lazy and i dont plan grocery shopping well. but i can make a nice one in a pinch like this

any fuckin meat or whatever central element you enjoy. fried fish is real good with this setup
baby spinach or spinach + arugula blend
mayo on both slices of toasted bread
some good rear end cheese. maybe provolone or the sharpest cheddar available. pepper cheeses are hella good too
pickled peppers and sometimes pickled red onions. jalapeno, habanero and banana pepper mix. super easy to make at home. fresh cut raw onion hunks also good
salt or tony chachere's, and pepper

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I never did get around to kewpie mayo

Kewpie Mayo kicks rear end. It's like more rich and flavorful, also really good for Deviled Eggs

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009

Full Metal Jackass posted:

There's something barbaric about eating the heart of a living thing.

Eating its heart means you gain the strength and speed of the artichoke.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

Wait I've got an answer on a technicality: potatoes. I wouldn't put potatoes in a sandwich. But I would put them in a salad - a potato salad. Your move, God.

You ever put potato chips ON a sandwich??? Gives it that good CRUNCH :hai:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Aardvark! posted:

does anyone else feel obligated to buy any and every new sauce that comes along that could up your Sandwich Game? New mustard, "aiolis" you name it, could be an all timer. Only one way to find out :q:

No, because I already use Yahweh’s condiment: horseradish

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

A sandwich is basically a salad between slices of bread.

I feel like you're just trying to mess with me OP

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Aardvark! posted:

potato bread

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Hey you piece of CRAP
I love artichokes and will eat them right out of the jar or can and I'll put them on a God dang sandwich or in pasta or right in my flipping mouth you dork and nothing will ever stop me

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
Brah, have you even tried mustard pickles?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

BrassRoots posted:

Brah, have you even tried mustard pickles?

You filthy degenerate

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Who HASN'T?
THIS ISN'T ABOUT THAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Aardvark! posted:

Is a burger a sandwich? Because you can get fries on a burger