Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
If you’re trying to find hobbits in 2022 i would recommend lotro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Pennywise the Frown posted:

How are you guys learning how to crochet? If it's youtube videos, which one's specifically?

I'm going to watch this one. This girl looks like she knows what she's doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAxGTnVNJiE

I basically had to do this but search for left handed because my handedness is cursed.

i have nothing to show you all yet, its just patterns for practicing. As soon as I make a coaster or something i'll upload it. right now its just "drills" for practicing.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

buglord posted:

I basically had to do this but search for left handed because my handedness is cursed.

i have nothing to show you all yet, its just patterns for practicing. As soon as I make a coaster or something i'll upload it. right now its just "drills" for practicing.

Why not just download the videos and mirror them?

Crocheting is cool as gently caress tho.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

syntaxfunction posted:

Why not just download the videos and mirror them?

Crocheting is cool as gently caress tho.

wait really? does it work like that?

e: seriously asking in earnestness

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
Try Chewing toothpick OP.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

buglord posted:

wait really? does it work like that?

e: seriously asking in earnestness

I have no possible idea if that applies to crocheting, sorry OP! It sounds like it would to me but IANAC (I am not a crocheter).

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

buglord posted:

Honestly, I just learned righty when learning to knit and crochet since it was easier to follow tutorials.

I've been mostly sticking to hats with my knitting the past few months (just about everyone got a hat for Christmas), but I just knocked off a triangle scarf tonight. Eventually I'm going to make a sweater, or at least start with a sleeveless top.

My dad still has the first slightly wonky scarf I made him a few years back.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

Crochet is good! I made this for a goon who donated to charity. It's a fun dimensional stitch that looks complicated but is in fact just more double crochets than you ever want to do.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Those all look fantastic, I'm getting inspired to try it out myself. Just the idea of making your own winter cap is cool. Or a blanket for my friends cat to sleep on. Keep it up, you're doing great!

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
You can also get into sewing. You can make a patch or make your own clothes. And it's a lot faster.

edit: *patch quilt

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 24, 2022

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Professional bottleman.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
yo, you may catch me in a smock and some jeans, elbow deep, sculpting mugs with my thumbs

hobbies

you may catch me in front of the stove, mixing food, making sure dinner is done

hobbies

y'all might just catch me drinking beer in the yard, philologizing, writing some puns

hobbies

wut you won't catch me with the clap, programming, in the yarn section, or without this app

hobbies

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Schweinhund posted:

You can also get into sewing. You can make a patch or make your own clothes. And it's a lot faster.

edit: *patch quilt

I sewed a hole in the armpit of one of my shirts and was very proud of that. :)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i'm back to thinking about buying an old singer again, reading this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

i'm back to thinking about buying an old singer again, reading this thread

I do jazz standards and drink liquor.