Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
There’s something to be said about a team needing to travel from the west to the east coast on a short week. The stats for when that happens always stick out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Raiders axed Mayock https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1483217614310625289

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Thus truly ends the Raiders ESPN era.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

MrLogan posted:

Was thinking about how it's really weird that Tampa Bay is going to get two bye weeks as the #2 seed, but Green Bay will only get one as the #1 seed.

I wonder if the NFC will ever have more than two good teams in a single season.
We joke but the Bucs either losing Wirfs or him not being 100% is a pretty big hit

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

good. so they might actually clean house then. honestly they're a really good landing spot for a coach and gm. theyve got the main pieces, they just need some tweaks and a little more talent

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wyoak posted:

We joke but the Bucs either losing Wirfs or him not being 100% is a pretty big hit

Depends on if they can tread water without him. I mean somehow the super bowl is still an entire month away. Jesus Christ that feels nuts.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thus truly ends the Raiders ESPN era.

Make Gruden the new gm

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'm guessing Carr is not long for the Raiders now that the front office got swept out.

Calling it now: Raiders draft a QB in 2023.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Android Apocalypse posted:

I'm guessing Carr is not long for the Raiders now that the front office got swept out.

People have been saying the Raiders are moving on from Carr every offseason for like seven years now

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Is there even a QB worth drafting in the first two rounds this year?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Lifespan posted:

Is there even a QB worth drafting in the first two rounds this year?

Sure.

Probably not top 10 though.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I will root against the Liberty QB until he washes out of the league.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Android Apocalypse posted:

Carr is the most attractive thing about the organization

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Depends on if they can tread water without him. I mean somehow the super bowl is still an entire month away. Jesus Christ that feels nuts.

problem is they're going up against the most talented pass rushing d-line left in the playoffs next week so...not a good sign there

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
Moving on from Carr would be madness. He's vastly better than anyone else they're going to get (including 2022 Russ), and he's been the heart of the team this year.

(I will concede that he's a weird looking guy, so if the Raiders are more concerned with image, they can probably find themselves a more handsome QB.)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also if Carr came available he'd immediately go to Denver and the Raiders would do the Shocked Pikachu meme

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

a neat cape posted:

Also if Carr came available he'd immediately go to Denver and the Raiders would do the Shocked Pikachu meme

I feel like Carr may be available, but they ain't cutting him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

a neat cape posted:

He’s gonna be Rodger’s backup?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He’s gonna be Rodger’s backup?

Rodgers isn't leaving Green Bay lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Carr is for sure worth two firsts at this point. I watched a bunch of Raider games this year and I never watched a game and thought "man he's loving this up". You put him on the Colts and they're not just in the playoffs but they're probably in the conversation with the Chiefs and Bills.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Pain of Mind posted:

Guessing first/second generation immigrants from countries where English is not the primary language. Worked with a second generation immigrant who was about 30 and had never heard of Nirvana, Metallica, Snoop Dog etc.. Boring serious answer?

This seems weird on its face to me because I remember Darius Kasparaitis talking about being a huge Metallica fan and basically starting learning English from listening to them. I know that's not a universal experience but it's what stuck in my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wildcard week is over. Divisional week is NOW.