Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

Slow Times on Busiprone High

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sing like a girl
Aug 8, 2011
You can’t get high on Buspirone. It feels like getting high but all it actually is is the primary side effect of the medication. It tanks your blood pressure. If I even accidentally take one more than a single dose (which I’ve done, because I forget taking doses) I feel so dizzy and lightheaded it feels like I am going insane. The room starts spinning and your brain starts wandering to the point you feel you’re dreaming, and you can start to imagine things that aren’t real. In all technicality I should not, with my naturally already low blood pressure, be taking it. And I guess that’s the reason I’ve never been prescribed it in person, and the reason why my entire life has been clouded by PTSD and anxiety, because it turns out it is the only thing that works on me (I’ve tried everything else) and these covid online prescription clinics are a godsend that have improved my life considerably.

To offset the low blood pressure I also got an online prescription to combination contraceptives that nobody before would prescribe me at my age - because they increase your blood pressure. Doctors on the whole would not give them to anyone over 35. But I got them by simply telling the clinic my blood pressure was constantly low, which is no lie. They also have managed to cure my severe PMDD because I no longer get a period. These online prescription clinics are great. I may indeed be killing myself but I’m at the point where I no longer care, life was not remotely worth living before with my severe mood swings.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
This dumb pill didn't do a single thing for my anxiety even though I took it as prescribed for like 6 months. Not even a placebo effect where I could trick myself into thinking I should be less anxious since at least I took my meds.

I let the script run out and never bothered with it again. Never thought about just mowing through the whole bottle just to see if it would do something.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sing like a girl posted:

To offset the low blood pressure I also got an online prescription to combination contraceptives that nobody before would prescribe me at my age - because they increase your blood pressure. Doctors on the whole would not give them to anyone over 35. But I got them by simply telling the clinic my blood pressure was constantly low, which is no lie. They also have managed to cure my severe PMDD because I no longer get a period. These online prescription clinics are great. I may indeed be killing myself but I’m at the point where I no longer care, life was not remotely worth living before with my severe mood swings.

:stare:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Das Boo posted:

My pothead friends hate the fact that weed smoke shuts my lungs down, so one time they gave me one of those little THC gel pills. 2 hours in, it did nothing and I went to bed. Woke up from a dead sleep around midnight feeling vibrations. I wondered briefly if it was an earthquake, then I realized the vibrations were washing across my body. There was also a mandala over my head and my thoughts were flooding by in a rush. The only thoughts I could keep were, "Well, I guess I'm waiting until this is over." and, "Even if I had a drug-induced epiphany it's not like I can focus enough to remember it."

So I laid there for a few hours, pissed off that I was losing sleep.

I prefer speed. I do good work on speed.

The first time I ever took a weed edible it was a big 75mg cookie and about two hours in it finally hit and I was really REALLY upset that the dinosaurs were gone forever.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

The first time I ever took a weed edible it was a big 75mg cookie and about two hours in it finally hit and I was really REALLY upset that the dinosaurs were gone forever.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Sing like a girl posted:

You can’t get high on Buspirone. It feels like getting high but all it actually is is the primary side effect of the medication. It tanks your blood pressure. If I even accidentally take one more than a single dose (which I’ve done, because I forget taking doses) I feel so dizzy and lightheaded it feels like I am going insane. The room starts spinning and your brain starts wandering to the point you feel you’re dreaming, and you can start to imagine things that aren’t real. In all technicality I should not, with my naturally already low blood pressure, be taking it. And I guess that’s the reason I’ve never been prescribed it in person, and the reason why my entire life has been clouded by PTSD and anxiety, because it turns out it is the only thing that works on me (I’ve tried everything else) and these covid online prescription clinics are a godsend that have improved my life considerably.

Nothing quite like making your own custom speedballs/contraceptive blends!

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

There's a great post somewhere on SA, something like "I ate 100mg of edibles and tears were streaming down my face thinking about how hot Tifa is while I was playing the Final Fantasy VII remake"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

No I mean like big giant sauropods the size of houses

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Vampire Panties posted:

I was going to type out the story of the first time I did mushrooms but it ended up being a story mostly about how people I thought were my friends gaslit the poo poo out of me while I was on hallucinogens. TBH I want to do them again to wash the psychic taste of the first trip out, but getting them and taking them seems extremely complicated for an old weirdo like me.

I can assure you that there is a thread on these very forums that details exactly how you can grow mushrooms in the privacy and safety of your own home.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Balls WAAAAY on top!?!

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Weka posted:

Balls WAAAAY on top!?!

so thats where my truck nuts went

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
One time I took like ten Xanax and it just kinda made me foggy headed

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Who What Now posted:

One time I took like ten Xanax and it just kinda made me foggy headed

If I took ten Xanax I’d never wake up

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Who was that boy rapper that died livestreaming himself taking xanax bars

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
loving boring

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
go outside, to some club, to some bars, and some sex while on Buispirone (and maybe some other poo poo) then get back to me

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Also OP maybe instead of promising to only drink 6 beers and then abusing your anxiety meds you should just drink a few more beers.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
I’ve been on buspar twice a day for years and years. It’s part of a cocktail of drugs that makes me a functional person. I’ve never gotten any kind of high from it. Although I do swear generic buspirone is not as effective as the name brand stuff. But considering it literally keeps me from wanting to kill myself, I have to recommend it.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Poohs Packin posted:

Who was that boy rapper that died livestreaming himself taking xanax bars

They all end up overdosing on xanax eventually because they're such anxiety-ridden messes that taking a pill that simply stops that soul-crushing anxiety for a few hours feels as good as being on opium to them.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Poohs Packin posted:

Also OP maybe instead of promising to only drink 6 beers and then abusing your anxiety meds you should just drink a few more beers.

Wife won't allow it!

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I take clonidine for anxiety and panic attacks. It's a blood pressure medication, but apparently not fantastic at that. All I know is I take one and like ten to twenty minutes later when my blood pressure has dropped my body doesn't have the energy to panic any more.

I ended up on it because I can't take anything physically addictive so the usual poo poo (benzos etc) weren't possible. Turns out clonidine helps anxiety and panic attacks and since using it I actually need it less often in general.

It's the good drug imo.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Any cookie that makes you sad should be illegal.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Any cookie that makes you sad should be illegal.

I guess we'll just have to ban oatmeal raisin then

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Devils Affricate posted:

I guess we'll just have to ban oatmeal raisin then

My black market beginneth.

j o y c e
Jan 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Devils Affricate posted:

Wife won't allow it!

ableist

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I've taken buspirone in the past, and discovered the hard way it is one of the many drugs that has an interaction with grapefruit. I was drinking energy drinks made with grapefruit juice and I'd feel weird and pressurized, which I eventually realized was the grapefruit essentially pushing me into an overdose state with the buspirone.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I've taken buspirone in the past, and discovered the hard way it is one of the many drugs that has an interaction with grapefruit. I was drinking energy drinks made with grapefruit juice and I'd feel weird and pressurized, which I eventually realized was the grapefruit essentially pushing me into an overdose state with the buspirone.

Why doesn't the overdose state involve dangerously low pressure instead of the dangerously high pressure you experienced?

j o y c e
Jan 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i wish i could get muscle relaxers. my back is killing me

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I took buspirone and it didn’t do a drat thing. Quit taking it after the first bottle ran out.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

j o y c e posted:

i wish i could get muscle relaxers. my back is killing me

You and me both. I have documented issues with both shoulders and lower back and all I can get is naproxen.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mkvltra posted:

Why doesn't the overdose state involve dangerously low pressure instead of the dangerously high pressure you experienced?

I can only describe how it felt to me - pulse pounding and noticeable but not fast, kind of tingly-feeling. I don't recall the prescribing info for buspirone saying much about blood pressure effects aside from an interaction with MAOs that could spike your blood pressure and make your heart explode.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Heh, drugs? Yeah I do drugs.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

kazr posted:

Heh, drugs? Yeah I do drugs.

I used to do all the drugs. I was very selfish.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The earth is your balls. The lava was the pee, which was stored in earthballs.

You cracked the egg of life, broke the pissball seal.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I can only describe how it felt to me - pulse pounding and noticeable but not fast, kind of tingly-feeling. I don't recall the prescribing info for buspirone saying much about blood pressure effects aside from an interaction with MAOs that could spike your blood pressure and make your heart explode.

Ah true. Interesting.... I'm prescribed 30mg of Adderall daily and sometimes psych myself into thinking that my blood pressure is super high but it's literally just anxiety. Your description of feeling overpressurized makes sense to me and made me curious because I can kinda relate to it?? Were you also prescribed MAOs while experiencing the uncomfortable effects of buspirone?

ukrainius maximus
Mar 3, 2007
My cat is on buspirone so that he stops peeing on random stuff. This makes sense actually cause he talks about some pretty weird poo poo sometimes. Man I love that guy.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

mkvltra posted:

Ah true. Interesting.... I'm prescribed 30mg of Adderall daily and sometimes psych myself into thinking that my blood pressure is super high but it's literally just anxiety. Your description of feeling overpressurized makes sense to me and made me curious because I can kinda relate to it?? Were you also prescribed MAOs while experiencing the uncomfortable effects of buspirone?

No, like I said, it was because of the interaction with grapefruit.

Lots of drugs interact interact with grapefruit - it's weird, but super common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Lots of drugs interact interact with grapefruit - it's weird, but super common.

:hmmyes: it’s why I don’t dare drink more than a very occasional grapefruit soda (my sertraline is on this list of interactions iirc, and maybe it’s goofy but I’m a bit wary of loving around and finding out). but I do so love the time or two a year when I indulge :negative: