Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Adam: "I think Im gonan be sick"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The myth was "birds love pipes" and it was confirmed but then later retracted when the bird got in a fight with a rat

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

myth bustin makes me feel good

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bad Purchase posted:

myth bustin makes me feel good

Busting makes me feel poorly

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The movie Angst starring Jamie Hyneman but it's real life

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Busting makes me feel poorly

myth busted

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Remember when Adam took a picture of him spreading his bhole

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
I don't get the sense that Jamie was/is an rear end in a top hat. He just seemed like he didn't really want to be on TV. Can you imagine being him and having to let all these other people into your shop and they're going around hamming it up for the cameras all day? I would get grumpy too.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jamie Hyneman was apprehened for the murder of Adam Savage after the latter continously played this song all day every day at the Mythbusters workshop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iotI_HHmfCo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Novo posted:

I don't get the sense that Jamie was/is an rear end in a top hat. He just seemed like he didn't really want to be on TV. Can you imagine being him and having to let all these other people into your shop and they're going around hamming it up for the cameras all day? I would get grumpy too.

Exactly.

*hears giant crash from the other room sounds like a shelving unit collapsed*

*gibbering and hooting* YEAYRSAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH REPLICATED THE REEEEESUULLTTTSSS BABY WE BUST MYTHS!!!!!

Watching this show as an adult Jamie is clearly the only good one.

If i know TV crews there was ZERO chance that poo poo actually got truly cleaned up properly to his satisfaction

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

did they ever test if you made a plane out of the same stuff as the black box it would survive the crash?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

numberoneposter posted:

did they ever test if you made a plane out of the same stuff as the black box it would survive the crash?

yes, and it did

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
They ate Grant

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I bet Jamie had the last laugh because behind the scenes him and the hot redhead were smashing.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

I bet Jamie had the last laugh because behind the scenes him and the hot redhead were smashing.

his name is adam savage

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

talk about a moustache ride

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Looks ready to be oiled

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

it's obvious that they only put him in the show for his sex appeal

Even if he had sex appeal, which imho he did not, his AGGRESSIVE ineptitude would have canceled it out.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

YeahTubaMike posted:

Even if he had sex appeal, which imho he did not, his AGGRESSIVE ineptitude would have canceled it out.

If they had only oiled him

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Where's the mythbus.com watermark

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

Where's the mythbus.com watermark

They cant legally use it until he's oiled

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I should mention this happene dlike 12 years ago and I still feel bad.

some other stuff I still feel bad about...

once i said 'fag' in front of a gay friend of a friend for literally no reason.. i never say that, I've never said it before or since, it just came out and he just looked sad.. gently caress i feel bad about that still.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I bet Jamie Hyneman saw the Adam bunghole pic and totally ribbed him about it every workday.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

looks ready to be oiled up

thelizzerd
Nov 12, 2021
I don't think it's bad or good. It's kind of a neutral person to be compared to.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Colonel Cancer posted:

They ate Grant

It was in their show contracts that they had to.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

The Walrus posted:

I should mention this happene dlike 12 years ago and I still feel bad.

some other stuff I still feel bad about...

once i said 'fag' in front of a gay friend of a friend for literally no reason.. i never say that, I've never said it before or since, it just came out and he just looked sad.. gently caress i feel bad about that still.

It's cool no big. I'm gonna have to go to the book on this one and see...ah, I can issue one (1) free Fag Pass, to be used retroactively. Eh screw the book, I'm going to make that two (2) Fag Passes, because you look like a good kid. *tousles hair* now get outta here, you little queer . It's days like this that make the job worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

they dont call it the Hyneman maneuver for nothing.