Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

toasterwarrior posted:

lorewise ulthuan is basically like elden ring: beautiful, lush temperate climate that is so suffused with magic that it made the wildlife really big and scary

It just stinks like elf. Horrible creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Squibbles posted:

a bit of an unusual situation to be fighting an army with zero range or flying units. But still a crazy result. I wonder if the ammo is only for the big main gun or something that wasn't firing much? I dunno

What's the slaanesh and khorne counter to a thunderbarge? chaos furies get shot up and route even if it stands still instead of outrunning them, or it just sits near their own gun line and they clear any flyers off it.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

JBP posted:

It just stinks like elf. Horrible creatures.

that old human saying about someone liking the smell of their own farts? an entire island full of 'em. that smells like elf farts.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What's the slaanesh and khorne counter to a thunderbarge? chaos furies get shot up and route even if it stands still instead of outrunning them, or it just sits near their own gun line and they clear any flyers off it.

Khorne has Bloodthirsters they could probably take down a Thunderbarge.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
And Slaanesh?

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Actually the barge wins in a 2v1 against two bloodthirsters.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

Dumb lore question, but do the chaos lords choose a new name or are they born with it? I thin Archeon chose a new one but Valkia didn't. Does this mean that Mr and Mrs Slaymaim named their child Kilgore? What happens if little Bloodskull decides to worship Tzeentch or decides to go the Empire to worship Shalia as a gently caress you to their parents?
Their 40K counterparts definitely do (the Black Crusade book mentions that "Horus" is a particularly popular choice among new converts to Chaos), so I imagine that the answer is yes.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Are dwarf balloons available for allied recruitment

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

JBP posted:

The ai doesn't give a poo poo about attrition on any difficulty more or less.

It's still fairly gnarly on them on easy (only 30% resistance), and is something they should pull out into the tweaking tab like they did with stat buffs to the enemy imo, because it is pretty bad in its current implementation. The AI is absolute poo poo about understanding attrition, so giving it some resistance to it just to deal with the "dumb as poo poo" aspect makes sense, but at higher difficulty levels its just a malus against the player and that sucks rear end, in addition to a number of factions pretend that its something you should be using against the AI, which also makes it a player trap. The ultimate game design sin.

As a note, I suspect this is part of why the AI is so bad on the Old World map - you actually need to move across some considerable distances in the map and the AI is soooooooo bad at dealing with bad terrain/corruption.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd be curious what an aggressive cycle charging of furies could do to them. I've been rethinking harpies/furies since Mercy demonstrated during a livestream the other week that they are crazy effective against towers as long as you cycle charge.

TaintedBalance fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Apr 30, 2024

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

And Slaanesh?

I'd bet any kind of magic missile spell would be effective especially since it would be shooting up at the barge. Terrain is the bane of magic missile DPS.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Thunderbarges have 13k hp, are missile spells able to dent that before running out of magic or time before it pays for itself?

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Thunderbarges have 13k hp, are missile spells able to dent that before running out of magic or time before it pays for itself?

They usually melt large single targets. It will certainly be better than nothing.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Just exempt defensive attrition effects like TK/Kislev/Cathay have from the AI reduction.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

And Slaanesh?

Couldn't you just cast pavane of slaanesh on it repeatedly while your speedy little dudes go around making GBS threads on the underwhelming ground forces?

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Since this DLC introduced Nurgle Chieftains for Tamurkhan, maybe next time we'll get Khorne Colonels

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Kazzah posted:

No Toddy in ToD?!?!

Massively sad over here bout that

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Grumio posted:

Since this DLC introduced Nurgle Chieftains for Tamurkhan, maybe next time we'll get Khorne Colonels

Khornel Sanders FLC or bust

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Chickhorne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
At this point I'm sure Toddy will become playable once they release the Middenheim DLC, considering we know there's another Empire dlc coming.