Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

The Golden Man posted:

Please don't do that

It’s ok I’ve given up on you and now I just stare at ballsacks to pass the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

Yep I was doxxed on Twitter by some idiot pro-lifer in 2018. He posted my name, phone number, what political groups I was affiliated with at the time, then made a press release about me that used both my real name and my username repeatedly. I had to get Google to remove it from their search rankings if you googled my name, but I did save a screenshot of the press release for laffos; it’s not every day you see a press release with the words ‘Poo In An Alleyway’ written in it.

Wait, Google will remove your name from search results if you ask them?

I don't care about my name being out there (it's stupidly common) but I have a daughter and I'm always worried about her dating stalkers and if there's a way to make it so she never appears on Google that would be amazing.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Yep. After too many knocks at my door, I mirrored their efforts back at them and they learned to shut the gently caress up.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I think I have toxxed once. Hth.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I don't think I have but I have seen my posts copied and pasted on some of those creepy stalker websites which are full of bitter former goons.

It sort of did happen to my sister once. Someone copied her picture from social media and started using it themselves. I've no idea how they got her address but one time she received a mystery bunch of flowers from a stranger. She made contact with him and the guy who sent them didn't turn out to be a creep and was in fact really sorry. He got fooled by my sisters impersonator too. I think the police were even involved.

I should note that my sister sort of looks like a young Jennifer Aniston with D-Cups. You wanna hear the things people say about her when they think I'm out of earshot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I've been seeing "doxxed" for years, and every time I need to look up a definition for it. I have never been, but I've seen it countless, countless times on Facebook. Often I see people say it's for their own and other's entertainment, but sometimes I almost feel that it is warranted. The thing that bothers me most about it is the possibility that the victim is maliciously giving a one-sided story, but a lot of the time there is supporting proof to go along with it.

Warning others of someone that is dangerous is one thing, but if it's drama, I tend to just walk away since that bores me.