Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
I do preheat my oven and I always check it before I turn it on, even though nothing should be in there. Safety habit from days long past when my parents kept the leftover pizza in the oven (yes I know, ew)

In the 90s, I heard a story about a girl at a nearby school "preheating" the microwave oven in the common area of a dorm. Just set that fucker to 10 minutes with nothing in it. The rotating glass plate was glowing. IDK how true it was but it was a good story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Archer666 posted:

I lube up before anal sex yes

:chast2b:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Peggy Edson posted:

What kind of dipshit doesn't preheat their oven?

durrr I like my food unevenly cooked. May as well just use your loving microwave

there's no such thing as evenly cooked food sorry you had to find out this way

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

DrPossum posted:

Soup.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

Really? Name-calling over that? And with such an obscure slur

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
no because i'll eat it anyway

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Outrail posted:

I feel like this thread is why they made sure pizza pockets are microwaveable.

But do you preheat the microwave?

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

the big bang was just god preheating the universe if you think about it

makes u think

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Big Beef City posted:

Hey idiots if you have an electric oven take the racks out and set them aside.

Now clean the bottom of your oven as well as needed.

You'll note that the heating element thing swivels up and down a little. Not a ton. Some.

K cool.

Well go get some tin foil and flatly, shiny side up, line the bottom of the oven, lifting that element to get under it to keep the foil a uniform surface with the heating element resting on top of the foil

Put the racks back in.

Congrats.

Now you can drip your greasy rear end pizza poo poo and nugget rolls all the gently caress over and only have to swap out the foil when it gets bad rather than clean the whole drat oven.

Ta-da.

Sounds like a lot more work than utilizing the cleansing properties of fire.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

sootikins posted:

I do preheat my oven and I always check it before I turn it on, even though nothing should be in there. Safety habit from days long past when my parents kept the leftover pizza in the oven (yes I know, ew)

In the 90s, I heard a story about a girl at a nearby school "preheating" the microwave oven in the common area of a dorm. Just set that fucker to 10 minutes with nothing in it. The rotating glass plate was glowing. IDK how true it was but it was a good story!

When I was a kid one of our family friends would leave her purse in the oven when she had to remember to do something. This isn't the stupidest system a human being has created but it is still pretty loving dumb. Anyway the inevitable happened when she asked her spouse/kid to preheat the oven one day.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

do you prefart your dutch ovens

jemand
Sep 19, 2018

Outrail posted:

When I was a kid one of our family friends would leave her purse in the oven when she had to remember to do something. This isn't the stupidest system a human being has created but it is still pretty loving dumb. Anyway the inevitable happened when she asked her spouse/kid to preheat the oven one day.

When I was a kid my mother put one of those old mercury thermometers in the oven to dry it out after she washed it and predictably forgot to take it out again. Then someone pre-heated the oven. The temp change popped the cap off the mercury capsule and vaporized a good bit of neurotoxic metal.

That kind of thing might lead to the stupidity required for someone to design the purse memory system your friend had, so I guess bad ideas and oven preheat is kind of a self driving cycle.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

DrPossum posted:

Sous vide, my dude.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Sous vide, my dude.

Hellllll yea

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Sous vide, my dude.

Imma buy one of these anything I should look for, or just get whatever Costco is selling ?

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

jemand posted:

When I was a kid my mother put one of those old mercury thermometers in the oven to dry it out after she washed it and predictably forgot to take it out again. Then someone pre-heated the oven. The temp change popped the cap off the mercury capsule and vaporized a good bit of neurotoxic metal.

That kind of thing might lead to the stupidity required for someone to design the purse memory system your friend had, so I guess bad ideas and oven preheat is kind of a self driving cycle.

explains a lot about you are posting

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Do uou prebake before yhe bake bake

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Lifewhack: Ovens are a construct of Big Kitchen. Slap that pot into the microwave and punch in the temp as the time.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Sous vide, my dude.

Hello yes I'd like one steak, well boiled please!

Sous vide pretty amazing

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Sous vide, my dude.

Just garbage food. If I wanted boiled meat I’d eat hot dogs.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

I preheat my luxury automobile barge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

Sous vide, my dude.

By the time I preheat my sous vide I could have pre heated my oven three times over