Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Colonel Cancer posted:

It's a wand, honey.

if you can beat someone to death with it, it's a scepter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
My scepter has a wisecracking skull on top wearing a jester’s hat. He provides inappropriate comic relief during my adventures, but he’s a minor artifact that boosts my CON, WIS, and INT by +2 while I’m attuned to him and lets me cast any cantrip at will, so I think I’ll keep him.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
Has anyone had any experience with scepters they bought off of Amazon? I thought I got a sweet deal, but every time I transmogrify something it becomes a duck. It doesn't matter what, as it always becomes a duck.

I have about 50 ducks of various sizes. I there something I'm missing or did I get a bad deal?

Addendum: The seller "xXWhi$$MastaXx no longer exists! I payed 20 good souls for this!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Sceptre? The gently caress would I need a sceptre for when I have my cards???

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

*My barbarian rolls a nat 20 and beats you to death with your own lovely scepter*

-quickly reviews notes-

Uhh, ummm, the scepter was enchanted with the Contingency spell that activates when used against it's user and teleports them and the scepter to a demi-plane

We, uh, this- this seems like a good spot to end the session, guys, yeah?

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib

Nigmaetcetera posted:

My scepter has a wisecracking skull on top wearing a jester’s hat. He provides inappropriate comic relief during my adventures, but he’s a minor artifact that boosts my CON, WIS, and INT by +2 while I’m attuned to him and lets me cast any cantrip at will, so I think I’ll keep him.

Your goofy skull buddy is great lol! But it is saying some pretty inappropriate stuff. Whoa! Might want to tell them that making jokes about the Chinese and/or pee-pee filled sodas is making the other adventurers uncomfortable

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Your goofy skull buddy is great lol! But it is saying some pretty inappropriate stuff. Whoa! Might want to tell them that making jokes about the Chinese and/or pee-pee filled sodas is making the other adventurers uncomfortable

Look he’s not even from this plane of existence, you can’t expect him to immediately know what’s ok and what crosses the line. He’s from Mystara, he doesn’t know any better.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Look he’s not even from this plane of existence, you can’t expect him to immediately know what’s ok and what crosses the line. He’s from Mystara, he doesn’t know any better.

oh great so he's not just a floating wisecracking skull, he's also an illegal immigrant? You know we have skulls here looking for work that can't find anything because of these drat Mystarans coming here and taking the jobs? I watched this documentary on my scrying orb all about the mystaran problem that really opened my eyes, you gotta know the truth man

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

El Diablo Bob O posted:

Has anyone had any experience with scepters they bought off of Amazon? I thought I got a sweet deal, but every time I transmogrify something it becomes a duck. It doesn't matter what, as it always becomes a duck.

I have about 50 ducks of various sizes. I there something I'm missing or did I get a bad deal?

Addendum: The seller "xXWhi$$MastaXx no longer exists! I payed 20 good souls for this!

I'll take it off you hands, right after I finish completing the forms to trademark "Kentucky Fried Duck"

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Danger - Octopus! posted:

oh great so he's not just a floating wisecracking skull, he's also an illegal immigrant? You know we have skulls here looking for work that can't find anything because of these drat Mystarans coming here and taking the jobs? I watched this documentary on my scrying orb all about the mystaran problem that really opened my eyes, you gotta know the truth man

lol look at the dumbass who has never read a newspaper or a history book. Mystara is a pariah plane. Lawful good Tieflings are murdered when they arrive, that’s just one example of insane Mystaran brutality. My scepter is a refugee from a hostile government (the principalities of glantri) that refused to accept his homosexuality. I know he’s ignorant, but it’s not his fault if he slips and calls an elf the K-word*.

*knife-ears

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Would love a duck sceptre. Will trade for a sceptre of embarrassment and self doubt that has a minor backfire problem. You could probably fix it, I can't do that sort of stuff.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Lucky Guy posted:

if you can beat someone to death with it, it's a scepter

TIL my love club is a loving scepter.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
How can I tell if what I'm holding is a scepter or a rod?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Applewhite posted:

How can I tell if what I'm holding is a scepter or a rod?

You can fit the end of a rod in your mouth. I’ve been told.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You can fit the end of a rod in your mouth. I’ve been told.

Turns out it was a scepter and now my mouth is stuck. I have a whole new problem to deal with

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Turns out it was a scepter and now my mouth is stuck. I have a whole new problem to deal with

Find somebody who can cast grease.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Yes... yes! The perfect fusion of Orb and Staff, the ultimate magical focus! It channels the infinite energies of the æther and also I can squeeze it between my thighs and pretend it's a really big dick! MWAHAHAHAHA!

'Pretend' it's a dick... yessss... I wonder what that smells like, hahaha... who wants to touch it?... oh, I need to pee, anyone up for a sword fight?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Mozi posted:

this is my scepter, this is my rod...

Av/post combo.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I put my scepter into a bag of holding and when I went to retrieve it...it came out different.
What? No. It LOOKS the same. It just...feels different.
No it still WORKS, I said it FEELS different.
What do you mean HOW? I don't know...it's LIGHTER or something.
Yes. Lighter. Like...it feels like it's hollow or something.
No I didn't check how can I check if it's hollow? It's a magic scepter it doesn't open. I'm not going to saw it in half, what am I supposed to do?
No I DON'T know if it 'floats now' let me speak to your Magical Manager.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

i have one but its not that great, it can emit a noxious gas cloud and makes a loud sustained farting noise while doing so, i think its called the scepter of sphincters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

I put my scepter into a bag of holding and when I went to retrieve it...it came out different.
What? No. It LOOKS the same. It just...feels different.
No it still WORKS, I said it FEELS different.
What do you mean HOW? I don't know...it's LIGHTER or something.
Yes. Lighter. Like...it feels like it's hollow or something.
No I didn't check how can I check if it's hollow? It's a magic scepter it doesn't open. I'm not going to saw it in half, what am I supposed to do?
No I DON'T know if it 'floats now' let me speak to your Magical Manager.

Did you read a Manual of Gainful Exercise, maybe?