Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1509937785528111105?s=20&t=NVrjq4uWzzoNK6fxY0JxoQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Josh Woods gonna get his fuckin head kicked in.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
£28.99 for an PPV you better not gently caress me on this Tonty Khan

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Card looks good

Ninja Mack vs Tully Blanchard's new client
Jay Lethal vs Lee Moriarty
Alex Zayne vs Swerve Strickland
Mercedes Martinez vs Willow Nightingale for the vacant interim women's title
Rhett Titus defends the TV title against Minoru Suzuki
Josh Woods defends the Pure title against Wheeler Yuta
Briscoes defend the tag titles against FTR
Bandido vs Jonathan Gresham for the undisputed ROH title

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
what do the Pure rules say about spitting massive loogies into your opponent's face?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

Card looks good

Ninja Mack vs Tully Blanchard's new client
Jay Lethal vs Lee Moriarty
Alex Zayne vs Swerve Strickland
Mercedes Martinez vs Willow Nightingale for the vacant interim women's title
Rhett Titus defends the TV title against Minoru Suzuki
Josh Woods defends the Pure title against Wheeler Yuta
Briscoes defend the tag titles against FTR
Bandido vs Jonathan Gresham for the undisputed ROH title

You can tell Tony's booking ROH now cause there's only one women's match

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
whoever Tully's new client is, with it being April Fools' day, they should totally hit "Wrestling has more than one royal family" and the first few notes of Downstait before fading into whoever's music it actually is

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

StarkRavingMad posted:

whoever Tully's new client is, with it being April Fools' day, they should totally hit "Wrestling has more than one royal family" and the first few notes of Downstait before fading into whoever's music it actually is

Why would you fade it into the same song?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

as opposed to the plethora of women's matches ROH cards used to have

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Rarity posted:

:pray:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Rarity posted:

fade from the rap version into the orchestral metal version

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
My hope is Claudio Castagnoli making an ROH return before heading to AEW, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

sticklefifer posted:

My hope is Claudio Castagnoli making an ROH return before heading to AEW, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

I believe Joe Hendry was booked for the show before the sale, and he's the only guy not on the card that was, so I'm half-expecting it to be him

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Claudio vs Brody King you coward TK

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

sticklefifer posted:

If he were signed, Claudio could always just stay in ROH if both feds are meant to be seen as equals.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I think they’ll either have Claudio or Joe show up.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It looks like there's also a preshow that starts an hour earlier. There been any announcement about what's on that?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

More pre-shows need to have Todd Pettengill running around and asking random people in the crowd questions while shilling Dominos pizza and Stridex, so I hope that's what's on the pre-show.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

you can tell tony's booking it because they're probably actually getting paid for once.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Unfortunately “Only one women’s match” is not actually a good tell for who’s booking a WrestleMania weekend show

I guess the true Tony signature in that field is no intergender

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

you can tell tony's booking it because they're probably actually getting paid for once.

Didn't Sinclair keep paying people long into the pandemic?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lamuella posted:

Didn't Sinclair keep paying people long into the pandemic?

They did pay them over the pandemic and during the latest revival of the division, but were notorious for not fair pay for women before that.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

they fired the previous women's belt champion because she had the audacity to ask for transparency in their payroll and to be paid more than minimum wage

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope Kelly Klein is doing well. She was not her best during that whole Sinclair clusterfuck

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

TV Zombie posted:

If he were signed, Claudio could always just stay in ROH if both feds are meant to be seen as equals.
idk if the taped show on syndicated TV is quite the same as the one on primetime and live every week

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
AEW-ROH: So Now You Own ROH. Now What?

Now you put on an absolute banger of a PPV, that's what :c00lbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

What an incredible show, goddamn. Apart from not having blown out mics this felt like watching those old ROH DVDs again, just a stacked card full of cool moments, and of course the tag team titles match ended up blowing everything else out of the water. Purestrain ROH :discourse:

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

I haven't felt this excited about ROH since the early 2010s. That's really all that needs to be said about that show.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

william regal was eaten by the surprise returnant. that's a word meaning one who returns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gestures *this way*

New discussion thread here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3998451