Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I'm now up to part 4 and i think if you tried to make an anime of it it would be a tough sell what with all the other magical highschool animes that exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Nitrousoxide posted:

I’m actually shocked but it looks like there will be an anime of part 3.

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1732261518606258267?s=20

I certainly hope they give it the budget it deserves this time unlike the last season. This time the studio will be MUCH more competent with it being Wit.
Guess it’s a good thing people keep using spoilers in here lol.

Praise be to the gods?

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
*glances through titles by Wit Studio* yeah hopefully that should end up pretty good.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

sharkmafia posted:

i still don't believe we'll ever see part 4 animated, much less 5, that's way too loving much. but this is more than i expected

Part 5 animated would rule though, but I have no expectations of actually it getting there.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Is it just me or does almost every woman have their hand semi-permanently affixed to their cheek

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

Is it just me or does almost every woman have their hand semi-permanently affixed to their cheek

And every man is semi-permanently rubbing their temples

I blame myne

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

gwrtheyrn posted:

And every man is semi-permanently rubbing their temples

I blame myne

only the ones who have copied ferdie my boy

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
I'm almost up to date on the official translations, are the fan translations any good or should i just wait?

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
You're better off waiting. If you're really craving staying current, the j-novel club app has a cheap subscription option that give you access to weekly preview chapters for the next novel. Part 5v8 just finished.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

I'm almost up to date on the official translations, are the fan translations any good or should i just wait?

Depends how you feel about answering machines, rice fields, and printemps. And the rieserator

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

gwrtheyrn posted:

Depends how you feel about answering machines, rice fields, and printemps. And the rieserator

Gesundheit?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Don't forget the leader of the city, Sylphstar

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Spookydonut posted:

Gesundheit?

For some reason the translation software tends to repeatedly throw in a few, uh, memorable phrases

also 'the rieselator' is how it tends to translate lieseleta which is particularly hilarious

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
Vol 8 has some reallllllllll bangers

There's no point in saving <the country> if you're not in it

The last short story that ends with ferdinand contemplating the most efficient way to destroy ahrensbach (make rozemyne aub lol)

I don't think I can wait for proper translations of 9-12, 12 is the end of the series right?

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Yes

If you must know how the series ends and don't want to wait ~8 months for the translator to get there then feel free to translate it, it's just a lot of work and not a great reading experience. The WN ending is also arguably a little rushed and the LN is adding a lot of new material. Although I guess now that the japanese LNs are done you could buy and translate those?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Spookydonut posted:

Vol 8 has some reallllllllll bangers

There's no point in saving <the country> if you're not in it

The last short story that ends with ferdinand contemplating the most efficient way to destroy ahrensbach (make rozemyne aub lol)

I don't think I can wait for proper translations of 9-12, 12 is the end of the series right?

Yes it is. If you're really interested I can give you some pointers on MTL'ing the remainder of the series via DM if you have those here.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Okay, I think there's a minor plot hole I found, or maybe there's an explanation I missed:

spoilers up to current English LN:
In the dream world chapters, Ferdinand asks Myne to try a potion which is supposed to taste gross, but to her it tastes sweet. IIRC this is because it only tastes sweet to people who have all elements in their mana. But the latest LN explains that the reason Myne has all-element mana is Ferdinand influenced her mana when they synced for the dream world, right? So the potion shouldn't have tasted sweet at the time she drank it, since it preceded the dream sequence.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Argue posted:

Okay, I think there's a minor plot hole I found, or maybe there's an explanation I missed:

In the dream world chapters, Ferdinand asks Myne to try a potion which is supposed to taste gross, but to her it tastes sweet. IIRC this is because it only tastes sweet to people who have all elements in their mana. But the latest LN explains that the reason Myne has all-element mana is Ferdinand influenced her mana when they synced for the dream world, right? So the potion shouldn't have tasted sweet at the time she drank it, since it preceded the dream sequence.

It was sweet because she had the devouring. Kazuki sensei says so in one of the early fanbooks that's been translated

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Argue posted:

All devouring commoners are "weakly omnielemental" with a primary for the element of whatever country gate is nearest (The Ehrenfest gate is Wind/yellow). Hence Dirk is omnielemental with Wind/yellow/Schutzaria being the dominant element. Myne as a devouring commoner was also always weakly omnielemental, but due to being influenced by Ferdinand while having significant hardened mana from being near death several times ("the mark of Ewigeliebe") she became strongly omnielemental and permanently synchronized with Ferdinand's mana instead.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Ugh every new Bookworm book from now to the end is gonna conclude with a cliffhanger isn't it

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
given its wrapping up 30 books worth of loose ends yeah

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

The last one won't!

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?
Paying for prepub was worth it just to have less time spent hanging.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
We have left behind the gently caress around with rozemyne era and are firmly in the find out from rozemyne era

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Wollawolla posted:

Paying for prepub was worth it just to have less time spent hanging.

Same amount of time, just broken up in smaller pieces.

So far I have bought up through part 5 volume 7 of the LN, with the last few volumes being on the monthly freebies. I will probably renew premium one more time then buy a bunch of coins with the discount before it expires next year and grab the mangas/etc. I keep thinking the end of this series is a long way out, but it is actually only 3 full volumes remaining after the current prepub, it will most likely be done this year. (Although there is a bunch of side story content yet to be translated.)

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

We have left behind the gently caress around with rozemyneFerdinand era and are firmly in the find out from rozemyneFerdinand era

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

This vol currently in pre-pub is probably my second favorite one in the entire series.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

its real good holy poo poo

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
it is unclear to me if his name is still owned by rozemyne and if simply following the "do what makes you happy" order

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
part 1: lets make paper
part 5: we will slap magic sealing cuffs on these prisoners and break both legs so they cant run off

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Spookydonut posted:

part 5: we will slap magic sealing cuffs on these prisoners and break both legs so they cant run off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb1rc-OU37s

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

Don't forget "Stomp on their guts not their head, we might have to look into their memories and having to heal them would be a pain"

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Well the last few Mondays just went from feeling like having very minor stakes left because Ahrensbach and Ehrenfest had been settled, and this is "just" a fight to finish off some enemies to the enemies reaching their end goal and obtaining de jure and de facto control, and are moments away from putting that control to use.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

We have left behind the gently caress around with rozemyne era and are firmly in the find out from rozemyne era

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
oh boy the royal family sure do care about the country

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Spookydonut posted:

oh boy the royal family sure do care about the country

I mean in a sense they do.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

re: the royal family

Trauerqual definitely cares about the country, in the sense that he will do whatever is necessary and bow down to literally anyone who's actually qualified in order to preserve it. Gervasio would not be a great zent for the royal family, or for anyone we care about in the story, really. He'd most likely kill them all, starting with rozemyne and ferdinand because they're the biggest threat. But. But! He probably wouldn't let the country collapse into dust from lack of mana. So that problem would be solved.

Frankly this outcome shouldn't have been a surprise when it became clear that trauerqual was totally down to let loving detlinde run the country if she somehow got the grutrissheit. Sigiswald is attached to the idea of being king, and anastasius is attached to eglantine, specifically. Trauerqual, though, is just really loving tired and wants to stop, as long as he can find someone to do the job properly. It's spineless, and after Ferdinand gave up so much to support the royal family it's easy to see why he's extremely loving pissed about it, even more than everyone else is. But it's consistent with what we already knew about the dude.

sharkmafia fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Mar 13, 2024

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
The royal family is done. They won't be the royal family after the dust settles even if they survive, archnobles or archduke candidates at most, but the days of there even being a concept of a royal family are numbered. Rozemyne just flashily teleported around in the most dramatic show of hard power the country has seen in more than decade, something that the royal family has absolutely no answer for.

And she probably isn't done flexing hard power yet given what is going on in the most recent prepub. Also as Ferdinand put it, if the Zent refuses to defend the country foundation, then there is no Zent, period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

Indiana_Krom posted:

And she probably isn't done flexing hard power yet given what is going on in the most recent prepub. Also as Ferdinand put it, if the Zent refuses to defend the country foundation, then there is no Zent, period.

Treason? Treason implies there is actually royalty interested in protecting the country