Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"If you feel overwhelmed by the voices of others, listen first to the voice inside you. Most often it will provide you the most honest and direct answer."
--Grimace from Mcdonalds, falling down a flight of stairs

drat he right tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

wow that's really deep I'm glad a meme from a cartoon anime clown could talk down to me about why perfection is bad, actually. That's good to hear and really take in and ponder since I'd never considered anything before.

The anime clown (I dunno if he's a clown I didn't watch Bleach far enough to get to him) may be hyperbolic but I think there's some truth it, Beef. I believe it's true that perfection as we can envision it is not really attainable by human beings. At a minimum "perfection" would be a subjective ideal, the definition of which would vary greatly depending on the judge. So I think there is wisdom in the idea that it is folly to focus on that which is inherently unobtainable. Pursuing perfection may be a path to improvement, in a way the journey can be more important than the destination.

I think that is what the anime clown means. Improvement is something we are all capable of. Perfection is not. Demanding or expecting perfection can only to disappointment. Therefore your energy is better spent on the real goal of simply making yourself better than you were.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Huge penis and boobs

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Being able to ride a horse.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I don't take advice from blackface clowns

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
monks they know how to stfu unlike OP!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Meme Poker Party posted:

The anime clown (I dunno if he's a clown I didn't watch Bleach far enough to get to him) may be hyperbolic but I think there's some truth it, Beef. I believe it's true that perfection as we can envision it is not really attainable by human beings. At a minimum "perfection" would be a subjective ideal, the definition of which would vary greatly depending on the judge. So I think there is wisdom in the idea that it is folly to focus on that which is inherently unobtainable. Pursuing perfection may be a path to improvement, in a way the journey can be more important than the destination.

I think that is what the anime clown means. Improvement is something we are all capable of. Perfection is not. Demanding or expecting perfection can only to disappointment. Therefore your energy is better spent on the real goal of simply making yourself better than you were.

I guess mostly I just meant that no one actually believes that they can ever attain perfection because it's inherently never obtainable and that it's obviously so.
It's like saying "You can't possibly know everything but you can always learn new things." Well no poo poo.
Was there anyone out there expecting you or anyone else to literally know all possible knowledge at some given point? No. because that's clearly not possible. I don't need a "Live. Laugh. Love." wall hanging to tell me that.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m perfect, AMA

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m perfect, AMA

How long did it take you to beat Elden Ring

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I’m perfect, AMA

If you so perfect, why come I can put a booger on you? :ohdear:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Meme Poker Party posted:

But you’re talking about idealism, not perfection. There could be millions or billions of ways for something to be perfect, while there’s only one way for something to be ideal. It’s a fallacy to say something can’t be perfect and also different from another perfect thing.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
the perfect person is Plato sucking my drat balls

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

able to use the konami code IRL

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Meme Poker Party posted:

The problem is this is from an anime aimed at little boys, so the people writing it probably think only men are capable of constantly improving themselves while women should just accept their limitations and become a housewife.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Yaldabaoth posted:

The problem is this is from an anime aimed at little boys, so the people writing it probably think only men are capable of constantly improving themselves while women should just accept their limitations and become a housewife.

I didn't get super far into the show because tbh I didn't think it was that good. Like a season and half or something. But like the first thing that happens is the main character gets recruited into the Spirit Hunters or whatever by a woman who, as far as I remember, was portrayed as a skilled professional with no weird sexualizing. Then they like become a cool hunter pair with her as his his mentor.

So I'm not really sure I buy this hypothesis, OP.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don’t think perfection involves a process of improvement at all. It’s literally just something that takes time and experience.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yaldabaoth posted:

That's a hell of a projection you're making about men

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

imagine a perfect sandwich

now imagine that sandwich as a sentient person

voila

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

runnypoops posted:

Huge penis and boobs

perfect big round pair of balls and like really nice tits

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Doc Fission posted:

Being able to ride a horse.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
honestly if someone stays the gently caress out of my way thats perfect

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
these girls claim to be perfect but then how come one is hottest?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXTgrHruvoo

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

brunette britney spears from the Toxic music video

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Big Beef City posted:

That's a hell of a projection you're making about men

Not all men, just those involved in making anime aimed at little boys.

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Meme Poker Party posted:

isnt a cartoon clown the joker

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Yaldabaoth posted:

Not all men, just those involved in making anime aimed at little boys.

OP I'm starting to suspect that some of your posts may be more about getting a rise out of people than expressing your heartfelt opinions!!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

How long did it take you to beat Elden Ring

420 minutes, 69 seconds

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

If you so perfect, why come I can put a booger on you? :ohdear:

I’m extremely attractive, unfortunately that also applies to boogers.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
There is no such thing, but if there were I suppose it’d be some Lexus-human combination with really good traction in the corners.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why do we even have the word if there is no such thing? Just take it out of the dictionary then.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.
Perfection is easy. You just gotta get all the pieces in their spots before the timer runs out and pops the board, launching shapes everywhere, including the one that skitters under the couch and down the heat register.

You want to know what's impossible to achieve? Bop-It.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Rows upon rows of breasts, like the angels as depicted in the Bible

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
"That's the thing about pergection, it's unknowablef"
- Jeff Bridges from Tron legacy (200X)

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Pobodys nerfect

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
We do not know death - only change.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The perfect person is a man with the head of Fabio and the body of Arnold Schwarzenegger in both their primes, and he's 10 feet tall with hair that shines like gold, skin as white and flawless as marble, and glowing blue eyes, and his cock and balls are still proportionally big for his body even though he's already taller than Shaq.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You had me at proportionally large cock and balls

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Yaldabaoth posted:

The perfect person is a man with the head of Fabio and the body of Arnold Schwarzenegger in both their primes, and he's 10 feet tall with hair that shines like gold, skin as white and flawless as marble, and glowing blue eyes, and his cock and balls are still proportionally big for his body even though he's already taller than Shaq.

This. Except they're also perfectly round like Danny DeVito. And also limbless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Funky See Funky Do posted:

This. Except they're also perfectly round like Danny DeVito. And also limbless.

So like a larger BB-8 from star wars with an immaculate dick?