Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Why does the mathematical state of perfection bother so many people? What have you been led to believe that word means? Someone who doesn’t feel pain? Someone on heroin then? Someone without character flaws? Someone with no personality or opinions then? Someone who knows everything? Someone omnipotent then? Someone who fucks anything and everything without passion or desire or choice? So a prostitute then? There seem to be a lot of people who want to challenge anyone who says this and point out deficiencies or flaws in someone’s being. It’s funny how the pure mathematical definition of this word doesn’t mean any of that poo poo. It means somebody who fully knows themself and understands both free will and destiny. It seems the contention lies in the notion that well, you don’t know perfection because I’m different than you, and that perfection can only have one unified definition. Maybe people shouldn’t project things that they don’t know about themselves on other people and expect a fully defined answer as to what they SHOULD be. Nobody can say that for anyone else. It’s amazing how the use of assertion of one adjective can make people act in such destructive ways. It doesn’t mean smug or self absorbed, it doesn’t mean superior, it’s not a challenge for people to become perfect. It just means you know the total definition of yourself in perpetuum, yet the fact that someone could be or know this is taken as a slight on people who have yet to define things about themselves. It’s as if nobody in existence is actually allowed to achieve what they say they desire. It’s just like some Greek statue in their mind or something, not anything real or tangible, or something that could be different than a religious definition of an indisposed, dead god who loves everything unconditionally. Idk I just think it’s completely pathetic for people to pop up and just say “nuh uh, nuh uh, nope, huh uh” in belabored grunts anytime a person knows themself or asserts that they do. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Won't get fooled again.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I trick you hahaha (rolls r)

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Perfect gas, also called ideal gas, is a gas that conforms, in physical behaviour, to a particular, idealized relation between pressure, volume, and temperature called the general gas law.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
No wipe shits all day long

CozyFella
Feb 1, 2022

I don't have anything of value to add to this conversation.
But I don't care.
Entering a lucid state during a wet dream.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Xaintrailles posted:

Perfect gas, also called ideal gas, is a gas that conforms, in physical behaviour, to a particular, idealized relation between pressure, volume, and temperature called the general gas law.

But there’s no such thing as a perfect vacuum, so if there is nothing, there is no meter, and the vacuum force will exert an uneven force on a virtual center in some direction, which will create an oscillation, first sound, and then light. So such a gas could only exist with relativistic, synchronized variations of meter and time, or a transcribed local vibrational inertia that is relative but unique as a part of the whole. Also :fart:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
A stranger in a strange land would believe in love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjZuykKY1I

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The perfect person is dead OP

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
No skin, just skeleton

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The perfect person is spherical and perfectly so. They have no arms and they have no legs and they have no neck - just a head and a body with no clean distinction between the two. There's a perfect person for everyone. You just have to open your heart and put yourself out there.

CozyFella
Feb 1, 2022

I don't have anything of value to add to this conversation.
But I don't care.

Zeluth posted:

A stranger in a strange land would believe in love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjZuykKY1I

This is the perfect song.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

But there’s no such thing as a perfect vacuum, so if there is nothing, there is no meter, and the vacuum force will exert an uneven force on a virtual center in some direction, which will create an oscillation, first sound, and then light. So such a gas could only exist with relativistic, synchronized variations of meter and time, or a transcribed local vibrational inertia that is relative but unique as a part of the whole. Also :fart:

hey cb, you okay buddy? need your meds?

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
Hitler

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The singer for hoobastank isn't one.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
According to the laws of nature as told by Jordan Peterson, the world basically runs on a mixture of calvinism and :biotruths: with a bias in favor of heterosexual men with light skin, so straight white men are inherently "Good" and everyone else is inherently "Evil" and this means the perfect person is simply a straight white man and the more money he's blessed with, the goodier he is.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

papa roach

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I’m not perfect. I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken! :dadjoke:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

hey cb, you okay buddy? need your meds?

Can we please stop saying these phrases that cause a very specific thing to happen every time?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Today I've had an upset stomach but I rest easy in knowing that every fart I release brings me closer to purity.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
you know who's not a perfect person? that's right! hoobastank

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:fart: oh there goes another one.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kntfkr posted:

you know who's not a perfect person? that's right! hoobastank

Nothing wrong with that. Nothing wrong with being a perfect person either. :hmmyes:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Arw we sure that OP is actually a person and not an android replica? I haven't seen him fart all day!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ability to leg press 20,000 lbs

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

knows every swear word (even the ones you arnt allowed to say)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

No way, even the X-word? Ain't nobody knows that!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the perfect person can make natural, near or completely instinctive actions whose impact on others is net 0 or beneficial. To be able to say, "nothing I ever did or will do will ever harm another entity as I march to my eventual death", such that if you could have an "omniscient" perspective w/r/t human life on this planet, you'd never once see them making the world a worse place or having caused strife to any degree.

to say "that's really hard" is an understatement

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

part man, part beast

with claws, and lazer eyes, and a machine gun built into his chest, rocket legs, the power to heal, a large boner

i have lots of ideas

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

can drive blindfolded from new york to LA

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Hung like a donkey
Wings like a bat

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Riot Bimbo posted:

the perfect person can make natural, near or completely instinctive actions whose impact on others is net 0 or beneficial. To be able to say, "nothing I ever did or will do will ever harm another entity as I march to my eventual death", such that if you could have an "omniscient" perspective w/r/t human life on this planet, you'd never once see them making the world a worse place or having caused strife to any degree.

to say "that's really hard" is an understatement

imagine having the arrogance to think that you have the ability to observe another individual and determine that their actions resulted in a net positive or neutral for the universe on a never ending timescale and one in which you have no control over and then judge them for it.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

it refers to the perfect tense. i choose to believe that people can only be perfect in the past perfect tense sense, not present perfect tense sense, but scholars have debated this for centuries and the arguments are well known so i won't bother repeating them.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Is that a science clown?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Is that a science clown?

Clowns have colleges, OP. And if you can go to college for it then it's a legitimate science.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Perfection is contextual. Right now my lunch is perfect as it is exactly what I wanted to eat and is very good.
At this current moment I am also a perfect person, I am performing like a champion, confidence and courage radiates from me and I am in control of my own destiny.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

wow that's really deep I'm glad a meme from a cartoon anime clown could talk down to me about why perfection is bad, actually. That's good to hear and really take in and ponder since I'd never considered anything before.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

honestly thas how i feel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.
I'm perfectly flawed.