Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
i have been arrested
i have not been arrested
i take the fifth amendment
View Results

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I got arrested for getting in a shoving match with a banker inside his bank branch at an anticapitalist demonstration. It was decades ago and I've never for one second felt ashamed. Bail courts were closed so I got to spend a few days in minimum sec. prison where I smoked weed, watched tv and played board games. I was a celeb on the range because i made the lead story on the local 6 o'clock news and walked in right as it came on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Deki posted:

Guy I knew in highschool got put away for attempted murder because he drove a hearse with the back windows blocked by cardboard and was shocked to get pulled over when he had his roofied victim and a forged suicide note in the car.

Hooolyyyy shiiit.
Know of any articles? I'm morbidly curious.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
an old friend of mine has a very unique name, in fact it's basically totally unique in america, and for the past 20 years any time you google that name the only result is an article about them helping to steal computers when they were in highschool lmao

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Most of these are getting arrested for bullshit, which totally checks out.

Back somewhere from 06-08, I got arrested for having a dugout with like .2g of weed. Pulled over for a headlight that was out, I had replaced the other one that fuckin morning. Spent the night in jail. I was 18. Called the friend who was with me, whom I also protected because he was headed to Haverford College, and ultimately now has 2 phd's, and he agreed to pick me up at around 10am the next day, in my car. My mom shows up and silent treatments me the whole way home. It was rough, but I'd just done my first night in jail so I was like whatever.
M
At the time possession of marijuana carried possible jail time, which meant you had to get a lawyer. poo poo hosed me financially for years to come. But I told my recently separated parents that I'd done nothing wrong and the system is hosed and marijuana is good. The weed charge fell off and ended up with a paraphernalia charge.

The second time I got arrested was for dui, for you guessed it, taillight out. Cop smelled it on my breath. Pretty uneventful, got out that night, and they even let me go get my car from the place it was pulled over at. I'd like to think that it's because I was polite that I didn't get treated like poo poo, but I know it's ultimately because I'm white. The county boy that showed up to back the state boy up was a loving cock and very unprofessional. Down at the trooper barracks I noticed a locker that said "Johns". She was the trooper that did my dare class in second grade. The two boys working that night poo poo talked her a little bit didn't give anything away. Later, while on probation, trooper John's pulled me over for tint, while I had an ounce on me but didn't smell it. That one also hosed me financially.

There's only one lesson that can be taken away here folks and that's:

Don't.............

Not check your vehicles exterior lighting regularly.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
Knew a guy whose wife came at him with a pair of scissors and started cutting up his clothes while he was still wearing them, then sprayed him with cleaning chemicals in the face, chest and back as he ran out of the house. She called the cops and tried to tell them a fake story where she was the victim, but after catching up with him and bringing him back, he was the only one able to show injuries from scissor scratches and the cuts in the clothing too. She ended up being arrested instead and spent 3 days in the clink. She has learned nothing from this experience, but at least they're divorcing for sure now.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread
I was arrested once for fishing on the shoreline of a river in a public park after the official closing hours of the park.

I was released from the back of the squad car at a random gas station in the middle of nowhere without being processed because someone was impersonating a cop with a blue light bar on their car and then robbing people when they pulled over and the cop wanted to be the one to catch them instead of taking me in.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
When i was a young lad (minor), I was sitting with my dealer in his truck at a rock quarry, of all places. Because this was just a small county.

He was my dealer for a couple years, and his younger brother/sister were twins I went to school with. They were some of my besties.

So, sitting in this old rear end truck, I just say I'll take a 1/4. I pay, he gives it to me.

then :siren::siren::siren:

A couple plain clothes undercovers get out, with bandanas on their faces. Shine the lights ask us to get out of the vehicle.

Well, there was a little white rock in a twisted off plastic bag on the dash, that my friend immediately grabbed and threw under him.

They saw that.

He turns to me in the truck and says "I have 2 pounds of weed under my seat "and I'm just like wohooaa.. that's a lot of weed"

So we both exit, they search me and I have a 1/4oz in my pocket. I could over hear him talking to the cops, saying the little white rock was a calcium rock for his lizards! ...Then I'm put in the back of a car.
On the way to jail, I ask them politely if they can change the radio station, they do so. Once I get there, I have to remove the shoe laces from my boots, and I get stuck in a holding cell by myself. And it was like the open cell with the bars on the door/wall.

They told me they called my parents, and that my parents said to leave me there, and they'll pick me up in the morning. So, as many know, it was cold as gently caress and they gave me one of the shittiest, scratchiest blankets ever produced.
I stayed there until about 11am the next day, and my parents picked me up. It was an extremely quiet ride home. I honestly can't remember if I was punished / grounded after that. I'm sure I was.

Being a minor, and not the big fish in the scenario, I got off, without any sort of record.

The worst part, was after the fact, finding out that the twins, my former friends, came up with the idea that I was a loving narc, and set him up. These two were some of my closer friends, but then completely just snubbed me.

I was 15. That was my first arrest, almost 25 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGYoxn4TbIE

Trying to game the system didn't work right.