Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
i have been arrested
i have not been arrested
i take the fifth amendment
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i got a DUI a long time ago. well actually, i didn't get a DUI a long time ago. but i did get arrested and put in a drunk tank

i had been at work all day delivering papa johns pizza. and before that i'd had band practice. it was like 1130 and i met a bunch of people at a bar for my friends birthday. i literally didn't drink anything because i was too tired. i left after like 30 minutes

it was raining

about 100 literal, actual feet from my house, my stupid little yaris, the back wheel slid off the road just a tiny bit which, because it was raining and the road was stupidly narrow and okay anyway enough excuses i guess i screwed up anyway the car got like... just barely stuck with one wheel in the ditch

i had good insurance and whatever so i just needed to get pulled out, i called for a truck

luckily a cop happened by. what a good turn of events

i passed the field sobriety test.. but he arrested me anyway. because i was wearing prescription sunglasses

i told him they were presciption... lmao... he was dumb enough to say that's why he arrested me, in the car. i go

:v: okay but like, no, for actual real, why'd u arrest me
:cop: cause you were waring sunglasses

later on a got a public defender... i kept showing up to court and the prosecturo kept not being there or "not being ready". this was probs because i kept not taking the "deal" of pleading guilty. since again i was liteally sober haha.

eventually they just dropped it completely. i didn't have to pay nothing. i never found out exactly why but it was not long after my public defender got a copy of the field sobriety test and the audio from in the car where he says "because of the sunglasses" which had been "missing" for a while. haha

there was some other malfeasance as well... they had kept me in jail for 3 days without letting me call anyone and after the first day they'd stopped bringing me food or, indeed, checking on me in anyway at all... i suspect they had de facto forgotten i was there lmao... so i just slept a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Wow what an interesting story

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

If you were driving an SUV this would have never happened.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I killed the biblical Moses once.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I killed the biblical Moses once.

But enough about your burning bush.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i killed almost 50 cops with my bare hands after snorting a berserker pack once. the judge just gave me a slap on the wrist cause she thought my helmet was cool 😎

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
yeah i've been arrested and it was almost as cool as that but not really

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I've got arrested. Arrested development.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I got arrested for praise dancing too hard in the street, in the court room the judge sentenced me to heaven because of my love of the Lord

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Yeah i got arrested once for Driving Under Satanic Influence.

You might say it was a doozy :grin:

No but i prayed to our lord Beelzebub and the cop died in a plague of boils and locusts so they let me go.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't go outside

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You don't have to go outside to be arrested

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Charlie just wanted your sunglasses bro he was jelly

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

precision posted:

there was some other malfeasance as well... they had kept me in jail for 3 days without letting me call anyone and after the first day they'd stopped bringing me food or, indeed, checking on me in anyway at all... i suspect they had de facto forgotten i was there lmao... so i just slept a lot.

Some shits so poorly run/funded or whatever that aside from a building they lock people in, there isn't any more functionality accompanying that. I heard guys some guys in county posted bail 1-2 months prior and still hadn't been released because there was nobody in the jail doing any paperwork or processing inmates aside from intake.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh yeah I got arrested BIG TIME in high school. Emotionally arrested lol amirite, high fives my peeps, only 90s kids know about this hashtag winning hashtag squad goals

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

precision posted:

i got a DUI a long time ago. well actually, i didn't get a DUI a long time ago. but i did get arrested and put in a drunk tank

i had been at work all day delivering papa johns pizza. and before that i'd had band practice. it was like 1130 and i met a bunch of people at a bar for my friends birthday. i literally didn't drink anything because i was too tired. i left after like 30 minutes

it was raining

about 100 literal, actual feet from my house, my stupid little yaris, the back wheel slid off the road just a tiny bit which, because it was raining and the road was stupidly narrow and okay anyway enough excuses i guess i screwed up anyway the car got like... just barely stuck with one wheel in the ditch

i had good insurance and whatever so i just needed to get pulled out, i called for a truck

luckily a cop happened by. what a good turn of events

i passed the field sobriety test.. but he arrested me anyway. because i was wearing prescription sunglasses

i told him they were presciption... lmao... he was dumb enough to say that's why he arrested me, in the car. i go

:v: okay but like, no, for actual real, why'd u arrest me
:cop: cause you were waring sunglasses

later on a got a public defender... i kept showing up to court and the prosecturo kept not being there or "not being ready". this was probs because i kept not taking the "deal" of pleading guilty. since again i was liteally sober haha.

eventually they just dropped it completely. i didn't have to pay nothing. i never found out exactly why but it was not long after my public defender got a copy of the field sobriety test and the audio from in the car where he says "because of the sunglasses" which had been "missing" for a while. haha

This story is suspicious enough im going to have to place you under arrest

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I've never even had a speeding ticket, lol. Including like 7 years where I grew and sold weed.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i've never been arrested op, despite doing a whole bunch of poo poo as a teenager that definitely should have gotten me a record of some form

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Peggy Edson posted:

I've never even had a speeding ticket, lol. Including like 7 years where I grew and sold weed.

hell yeah

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
i do have a few stories about witnessing friends/co-workers being arrested or almost arrested or one time almost shot though

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
btw not voting in your american-centric exclusionary poll

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Yeah I've been probated a few times, mostly on trumped up bullshit charges. AMAB

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
Driving back from picking up an oz of weed, I got pulled over and they smelled it. Hadn't smoked anything all day, and I didn't even open the bag, but they smelled it. Goddamn suburban cops with nothing better to do than waste public money hassling people. I had to write a bullshit middle school grade essay about why weed is bad for some bougie sahm to read to get my record expunged.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
when cops die, they go to hell

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Oh yeah I've been pulled over at least once with weed in my car but I'm a white male, so the cop didn't smell it despite it being freshly cured dank poo poo lmao

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Murder spree with the intent to possess marijuana

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

my dad got arrested for harassing the neighbor next door, who maced him because he felt like my dad was such a threat to him, apparently.

dad refers to the guy with a gay slur and calls him all sorts of horrible things. I 100% totally believe you, dad, that you didn't do nothing wrong.

I got him out of jail so mom wouldn't be alone and because covid.

E: I got a speeding ticket for going 92 in a 55 (IIRC) uphill, against the wind, with shitloads of livestock feed in the back of my minivan. The judge tried to get me to pay them $700+. I argued until I got out of it because I stopped 30-some-odd feet after the cop hit the lights and he pulled up right behind me and the camera proved it. And you can't stop that fast without laying rubber on the ground. Cop's gun said, on the ticket, that it had been calibrated that day but records said it had never been calibrated in three years. Go gently caress yourself lovely little southern Georgia town, you only pulled me because I had out of state plates and you thought I'd pay that ridiculous ticket. Fuckers. I live three hours away and I'd kill for a good argument. I was so happy I got to debate and slap my big dumb file of math and facts and videos out at the court :3:

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 31, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
That has never worked for me. The pigs and the bitches (prosecutor and judges) always kept pushing things back, making you come in 3 times and saying oh wait we don't have this and it's like I have a job, pig, sir.

I've been stopped by pigs while in psychosis on 3 occasions and got taken home once and to the hospital to be billed thousands for nothing twice.

I hope that's behind me.

But if you see someone walking around looking crazy and not wearing shoes, don't loving call the cops.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Peggy Edson posted:

Oh yeah I've been pulled over at least once with weed in my car but I'm a white male, so the cop didn't smell it despite it being freshly cured dank poo poo lmao

I'm also a white male, lol. It's just that police in and around the Philadelphia area more or less don't even pretend to be anything but rogue tax collectors, extracting fines from the population without even pretending to care about any other aspect of policing.

supabump
Feb 8, 2014

I got pulled over for having expired tabs. The cop apologized for pulling me over and explained that if I promptly got it renewed I could send them a letter to get everything dropped, so I did

also white

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I got pulled over once because my ex used to drive my car with an expired license. I pulled onto the shoulder and the cop came up to the window. I had my ID registration and insurance all ready.

He looked at me and said " oh...you're not ex. You can go."

All white people.

The cops here arnt that bad I've been pulled over with a black co-worker who had half a joint on him and the white cop just told him to put it on the ground and stomp on it.

Maybe my whiteness saved him that day

Now old white people are a different story. I've had the cops called on me for playing music too loud in at 1pm and for growing 'weed' on my windowsill. It was herbs. I had to let the cop come in to look at it. He said 'yeah that's not weed sorry' and left.

But ACAB anyway.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
one time i almost ran a cop off the road at 3 AM because he was passing me on my right, in my blind spot, on a 2 lane regular road

he pulled me over and was REAL MAD like "YOU ALMOST RAN ME OFF THE drat ROAD GIVE ME YOUR LICENSE BOY"

and i was like drat okay this sucks. i had weed and everything. i was like "poo poo"

so he's running my poo poo and i'm like, just making GBS threads. just pure making GBS threads. metaphorically. and also literally. well, not literally.

but for whatever reason when he comes back he's totally calm and he's just like "okay have a nice night, be careful"

i've never really been able to figure out what happened.... i guess he looked at my record and saw that i was the protagonist so he had to let me go

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Just remembered

I had a co-worker get pulled over for riding his bike without a light. Less than a mile and he got a ticket. So he just started walking after that and then got in a scuffle with a buck deer.

Fate had it out for that guy.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Was pulled over as the driver only once, apparently freaked the gently caress out of the Highway patrolman because I went to grab my registration from the glove box before being asked.

Got pulled back to his truck so he could take a look at my record, turns out they didn't have any records for me past when I was 7 years old and got a passport. Cop found out I worked for the state agency that built their systems and spent about half an hour gushing over it before letting me go with a warning (I was absolutely guilty of speeding , and am also white as hell).

Got pulled over as a passenger once by some dumbass wanna be drill sergeant cop. Detained us for a loving hour despite my buddy consenting for a search and being willing to be breathalyzed. No loving idea what was with that rear end in a top hat, we weren't even speeding, just driving late at night.

The house I rented from my parents got no-knock raided ~10 years ago because my dipshit stepbrother was shooting off guns in-town (while being an ex-con). Town was too small and isolated for police so we had Game Wardens raiding us and waking everyone up at gunpoint. Pretty hosed up situation overall even though nothing really happened to me except having to stand around for 20 minutes in my boxers during winter while they sorted out who was the dumbass they were looking for.

Deki fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 31, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Treecko posted:

I got pulled over once because my ex used to drive my car with an expired license. I pulled onto the shoulder and the cop came up to the window. I had my ID registration and insurance all ready.

He looked at me and said " oh...you're not ex. You can go."

All white people.

The cops here arnt that bad I've been pulled over with a black co-worker who had half a joint on him and the white cop just told him to put it on the ground and stomp on it.

Maybe my whiteness saved him that day

Now old white people are a different story. I've had the cops called on me for playing music too loud in at 1pm and for growing 'weed' on my windowsill. It was herbs. I had to let the cop come in to look at it. He said 'yeah that's not weed sorry' and left.

But ACAB anyway.

did you find out which neighbor called the pigs?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
My dad has a good story about an old neighbor getting arrested. It's good hold on.

edit: His memory's pretty shot, this will take a while. I'll be back.

OK, wasn't a neighbor, it was one of his Westie friends that my mom hated. Bobby. Bobby had a neighbor who was a pig and there was some sort of argument over a casserole dish, as in there was a party and Bobby's wife brought a casserole and then Bobby went to retrieve the casserole dish at some point and there was an altercation and the pig arrested Bobby, impounded his car, then released him but had seized his shoes when booking him and didn't return the shoes.

Bobby was pretty connected, as in OC but also that his brother was a DA, so he called his brother up and the pig was promptly fired.

Bobby told the pig that he had to move or he would be killed and the guy moved.

kntfkr fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 31, 2022

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I once had the ATF kick down my hotel room door on spring break. They had the wrong room, so that was cool.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I once had the ATF kick down my hotel room door on spring break. They had the wrong room, so that was cool.

I hope you didn't have any tobacco on you

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!

kntfkr posted:

did you find out which neighbor called the pigs?

I had suspicions but left it alone. I never had anything to hide and other people are just too paranoid and have nothing better to do.

Nobody was harmed in the making of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I got arrested in July 2006 for "defiant trespassing" with a bunch of friends in this abandoned church across the street from a party that we were underage-drinking at. Unbeknownst to us, people had been going in there and stealing copper wire, so the penalties for going in there were harsh. :shrug:

I was the only one of us that actually fell asleep in the cell. I used a sneaker as a pillow and let a friend use the other one. The next morning, we were asked if our trespassing had anything to do with drinking, I said no, and we were let go. As a Black person, I was expecting a much more negative outcome.