Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haar_Dragon
Aug 21, 2015
The only thing that stops me from stabbing Douglas in the neck on any given run is that he needs to survive to do that damnable tower level. He's so not worth the effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Did, uh, something happen to Roy? :ohdear:

Luninareph
Jan 12, 2019

Why, no, I wouldn't hurt a (butter)fly. Why do you ask?
I binge-read this to catch up ASAP. It's a terrific idea for an LP and it's been great fun to read. I can't believe nobody died on the desert... and I'm maybe even more surprised nobody died on the breather stage AFTER the desert, considering the last mass grave came from a breather stage! Hoping for more updates in the future, I'm really enjoying this so far :)

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Roy, the Heir Apparent to Pherae, is loving Dead.

Tactless Ogre
Oct 31, 2011

Bogart posted:

Roy, the Heir Apparent to Pherae, is loving Dead.

Eliwood was killed by continuity errors!

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Luninareph posted:

I binge-read this to catch up ASAP. It's a terrific idea for an LP and it's been great fun to read. I can't believe nobody died on the desert... and I'm maybe even more surprised nobody died on the breather stage AFTER the desert, considering the last mass grave came from a breather stage! Hoping for more updates in the future, I'm really enjoying this so far :)

I also binge-read this, and even with a reskin and extra stats original Sophia is still bad in FEH. Her latest alt is annoyingly bulky and good, though!

(Also her Halloween alt is excellently spoopy.)

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

this pit is full of stat boosters

marshmallow creep posted:

Did, uh, something happen to Roy? :ohdear:

I put poison in his mutton.

...yeah I should probably get back to this. Give me a few days! I promise I will try my best not to immediately kill Roy after not having played for like a month or two.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

midnight lasagna posted:

I put poison in his mutton.

...yeah I should probably get back to this. Give me a few days! I promise I will try my best not to immediately kill Roy after not having played for like a month or two.

You were getting too good at avoiding deaths anyway, we deserve a bloodbath next chapter.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

Oops, it's been a while! I could reread the last few updates to remember what I was doing, or I could just jump right in and play. Roy was the guy from Smash Bros, right?

Time to storm the capital! A fictional capital, please don't put me on any government watch lists. An indoor map shall make for a nice change of pace...

Last time in Fire Emblem, Roy recruited a child soldier. Now he's taking his army to the largest and richest city on the continent, presumably so he can loot it.

Narcian's here too, but he's already been the boss of a few maps already. Maybe this time he'll stick around on the throne instead of flying off to be replaced by conga line of 5 other people who also run away?

Wow, the pre chapter blurb was right, look at all those treasure chests! This map's got quite a bit going on with it, most of which is not immediately apparent from this preview image. I'll get into it later. Your army starts split into two groups, one outside the central entrance and one off to the right... but there's nothing stopping you from sending both groups into the castle the same way, they're only 10 or so tiles apart.

Narcian is the boss for real this time. You can tell because he brought all of his stuff with him. The Runesword is a 1-2 range sword that recovers all the damage it deals like a Nosferatu tome. Unlike in FE7 and 8 however, it always deals physical damage no matter what range it attacks from. It's a fairly annoying weapon on bosses, but its low uses and high weight stop it from being too effective in your own hands. Not that it matters though, Narcian's not going to drop it anyway.

What can be taken from Narcian is his money and his Delphi Shield, an item that removes the weaknesses of flying units so long as they have it in their inventory. Speed isn't a factor in whether or not an item can be stolen in FE6, so any Thief can steal if from him. And they should, because it's a really useful item, especially in the Sacae route! Narcian himself is pretty bulky, but as soon as his shield is gone I'll be able to destroy him with bows or Aircalibur no problem.

Arcado and Roarts will flee as soon as the map starts so there's no point in showing off their stats. They were both Eturian nobles who sided with Bern I think? I don't really remember, even if I had been paying attention to the plot it's still been a long while.

Joining them is Douglas, the third of Eturia's generals and the only one who's yet to defect and join my army. Cecilia joined of her own accord, Perceval was an easy recruit, but Douglas...

Douglas is not only going to flee, he's going to immediately start chasing my army. Unfortunately the only way to convince him to join is to have him survive the map, and if he doesn't join then you can't unlike Chapter 16x and get the true ending. There are ways of dealing with him, some of them more elegant than others...

He's also one of the three recruitable enemies not to get HM bonuses. It's a big shame, he'd get to have absurdly high defense if that were the case. Obviously that would make him a really good unit in your hands, but it would also make it easier to stall him out with a sword user without killing him.

Speaking of, here's the other recruitable enemy without HM bonuses! Sucks how the 3 people to not get them might be the ones who needed them the most. Hugh's a Mage who costs money to recruit. I don't have money, so I'm going to have to rob him and then kill him instead. That Member Card of his is extremely important, I need to it access secret shops. The one in this chapter is nice enough, but the one in Chapter 21 with every type of statbooster available to buy...

Since I very much doubt he's going to survive, I should probably write my analysis of him now. Pretty much every character from here on out is someone I've barely used or not used at all, so don't just take it for granted that they're not going to be all that accurate.

HP: 75%
MAG: 30%
SKL: 30%
SPD: 45%
LCK: 25%
DEF: 20%
RES: 15%

Affinity: Wind (Attack, Accuracy, Critical, Critical Evade)
Support Partners: Niime, Raigh, Cath, Chad, Lugh

Hugh is Canas's son, and that makes him cool. Does it make him good though...? To be honest, I have no idea. While his speed is quite middling for his level, he's very physically bulky for a mage, and he comes at a level where he can promote instantly too. Guiding Rings are very scarce in FE6, but you can use his Member Card to buy as many as you can afford from the secret shop in this chapter. An instant promotion will give him 30 HP, 17 magic, 13 speed, and 11 defense, which certainly is not bad. His magic growth might be a little iffy, but that base will be enough to carry him. And his good speed growth should fix his mediocre base speed...

Unfortunately his recruitment has the small complication of requiring an up front payment of 10k gold. That's quite a lot! And even if you can afford it, there's a certain secret shop in Chapter 21 that will convert any spare cash you have into incredibly useful stat boosters, so it's not as if that spare money will be burning a hole in your pocket. You can also buy Angelic Robes in this map's secret shop with the money you saved from not recruiting him and give them to Lugh or Lilina, so the money so save from not recruiting him can easily convert one of the mages you already own into someone bulkier than he is. You can refuse to pay him and get him to lower the price, but every time he lowers his price he'll also lower his stats by 1 each, and a -4 Hugh is not worth even 5,000 gold.

But if you want to be a munchkin, there is a glitch associated with an older version of the localisation patch that will cause some of Hugh's stats to underflow and break their caps if you recruit him at his lowest price and then suspend the game and reload. So you can be a cheapskate and pay as little as possible for a Hugh with >40 in both his magic and his skill (although both stats will snap back to his class cap of 20 as soon as he levels up!) if you really want to. It's fixed in this version of the patch though, and it was never a thing at all in the original Japanese copy of the game.

My Rating: 3/10. Too rich for my blood! Maybe bump that up to a 5 or a 6 if you're recruiting everyone regardless and don't want to judge units by their recruitment requirements.

This Mage is not recruitable, but he does have a Bolting tome that's rather annoying to deal with. He also cannot be attacked unless you either snipe him with a Longbow before he moves or somehow lure him into a specific spot. He'll annoy your army on the right side of the map until he's out of tome uses. 27 might with that tome could be enough to kill a weak Roy in one hit if you've not been training him much.

There's also a Purge tome Bishop hanging around the middle of the castle, except he's not confined to a tiny room and can move freely around the map. I would definitely prefer he die sooner rather than later, but at least being able to move means that he might come to me.

I need at least one Thief deployed to steal all the treasures and all of Narcian's stuff. Roy's Silver Card combined with Hugh's Member Card would allow me to buy some stuff from this map's secret shop for cheap... Unfortunately I didn't realise it sells Angelic Robes until after I'd already played through this map, and I didn't think to bother visiting on account of not needing any promotion items, so that means no discounted HP boosters for me.

Fae joined at the end of last map but she doesn't get to come along because I'm saving her for the endgame maps where her Manakete killing powers will come in handy. Although I wouldn't blame someone for not even knowing she's in their army at this point, she's never force deployed and the game doesn't make a big fanfare about her being one of your units...

HP: 130%
STR: 90%
SKL: 85%
SPD: 65%
LCK: 150%
DEF: 30%
RES: 50%

Affinity: Light (Attack, Defense, Avoid, Critical)
Support Partners: Sophia, Igrene, Sue, Niime, Elffin

Fae is a toddler who can transform into a big fluffy dragon and attacks by sneezing dragon breath on her enemies. I'm sure she's actually like 1000 years old or whatever so it's not a war crime to have her fight in my army, and Roy will not be going to jail for conscripting child soldiers. All her growths look completely insane (even 30% defense is high by FE6 standards), so what's her flaw?

Fae's only method of attacking is her Divinestone, and she only gets one of those, ever. It has 30 uses and those uses cannot be repaired by the Hammerene staff. Even at level 1 Fae will be able to 2 shot most enemies, and she deals effective damage against Manaketes, resulting in an effective might of 62 when fighting them, but she only gets to attack 30 times ever. There's more than 30 enemy Manaketes in this game alone, so she could easily get herself to level 20 fighting them alone. You will be going into the Manakete-filled endgame with a huge supply of effective weaponry if you manage to qualify for the true ending, so you don't have to worry about being left high and dry if Fae runs out of stone uses, but it's nice to have her around in the final map regardless. The one thing she can do that legendary weapons cannot replicate is tank absurdly well, so you could have her tank troublesome foes if you need to. Just watch out her stone doesn't break and leave her completely helpless!

Fae does have one very notable out of combat use though - her resistance stat with a Divinestone equipped is obscenely high even at base, which means you can exploit the AI's tendency to target the unit lowest in your deployment order by using her as staff bait. Make sure she's last in your list of units at the start of the map, and bring her in range so all the enemies will waste their precious staff uses targetting her to no effect. Just be sure that you can handle her if a Bishop gets a lucky hit in with their Berserk staff...

My Rating: ...7/10? I don't really know how to rate Fae, she feels more like a legendary weapon than she does an actual unit. 7/10 is the number equivalent of a shoulder shrug.

I have no Iron Swords left in reserve besides the ones my units are already holding, just a bunch of odds and ends in the convoy. Thankfully Perceval brought his own Silver Sword from home so it'll be a map or two yet before I might be stuck without anything cheap and expendable to hit Fighters with. I really need to visit a shop as soon as I can. A normal one, not a secret one!

It was here I had a stroke of genius - Thieves are but mortal, and if one dies then all the stuff they've stolen dies with them. I've bought all these keys I'm not using, why not give them to Merlinus? If he bites it thanks to ambush spawns or a seige tome range miscalulation then I don't lose anything besides time. Merlinus can be my second Thief instead of Cath or Chad.

I think it's time to make use of this Sleep staff too. There are ways of dealing with Douglas, and this one is the easiest. One use of Sleep is 5 turns of him not chasing my army, and that should be enough to surround him or trap him in a room somewhere if I can get the timing right.

Lance Lot and Melady will lead the charge down the middle, while Perceval will head the charge on the right. I could have both armies go the same way, but being able to maniuplate Douglas's movements by having people for him to chase on both sides seems like the best way to play... Both sides have a Thief (or a guy holding a lot of keys), and a Restore staff user, but otherwise I've split my army kind of arbitrarily. There's no time limit on this map or any real incentive to go fast though, so if this arrangement turns out to not be optimal I'll just have people walk to the other side.

Actually a large portion of the Lycian Army is sitting, I have a lot of mounted units. Roy's still standing though, his dad won't let him ride a horse.

Narcian has abandoned the seize point so many times that he and his wyvern now have to be tied to the throne by a chain. I'm not sure if bosses constantly fleeing before you can fight them is more annoying than them doing so after you beat them. If this were a modern Fire Emblem game then we would have instead defeated him as a boss about 5 times over and it would only be at this point that he arbitrarily decides to die when he is killed.

Looks like Murdock didn't bring enough rope to tie these two to their posts. Could Douglas please flee too? The gaiden requirement is just that he has to survive, I'm sure he doesn't need to be on the map...

If I had a Longbow I could send Sin ahead to shoot this Bolting Mage before he moves... Unfortunately I lost mine when I got Dorothy killed, so I'm just going to have to let him throw out Boltings until he runs out of book juice. Perceval's easily tanky enough to stay on the frontlines and take a Bolting at the same time, so I'll play defensively until the Bolting runs out.

Roy can take a Bolting or a Purge fairly easily, and Larum just about survives a Purge but not a Bolting from full health, but any time there's seige tomes on a map I think it's good practice for me to Barrier them both up regardless just in case I make a positioning mistake. If only I could buy Roy a nice pair of rubber boots to shock proof him.

Percy didn't get to do a single thing last map, but even when compared to by stupidly blessed Lance he is a very, very good unit. I need to find him some support partners to get him truly on Lance's level. He could make a triangle with Cecilia and Douglas...

And here comes Douglas! The path through the center is behind a locked door, so all the enemies are going to be going to the right initially. In a funnier world than this one I would be able to have Perceval and Douglas build support points while Doug was still an enemy.

Merlinus would die to a single one of these, but otherwise my entire right side is safe to survive a single Bolting. But Bolting not hitting at all is the best possible outcome.

Narcian is feeling wyvern envy so he's taken Melady's younger brother prisoner to make himself feel better. Thankfully this cutscene comes with instructions on how to recruit him.

Zeiss starts off tucked away in the map's top left corner behind a wall he could break but chooses not to, so he's not in danger of killing anyone while I try to recruit him... Just like his sister he's got insane Hard mode bonuses, but he does start at a lower level than she does.

Trying to push through this side with the Bolting Mage still active feels pointless, especially since I'd have to go through Douglas to reach the throne going up this side anyway. I'll just have my army camp outside the walls and slowly lure people over until Doug approaches and it's time to run.

The path down the middle is much less busy, at least to start, but I've still got to have a solid front line to keep Roy and Larum safe. Some of these enemies have cool loot that I want to steal, so Astolfo's going to have lurk just behind my front liners too.

Oh no, who will pay Hugh's mercenary fees now? Not Roy, he's broke. Broke enough to steal a penniless mercenary's credit card if everything goes to plan...

Oops, I think I might have found a flaw in my Merlinus thievery plan. He might be able to open doors and chests, but he can't steal items... And Hugh's going to be heading down the right side towards him instead of down the middle towards Astolfo. Opening the middle door might persuade him to change direction, but I'd have to do it quickly.

Perhaps I should have my army on the right retreat instead of trying to hold this point, they're only going to have to run away once Douglas and Hugh reach them anyway. Plus that Bolting Mage would be completely useless if there's nobody near him to target to begin with.

Thank you! I'll spend the money I get from these and the money I save from not recruiting Hugh on a whole load of Killing Edges as soon as I hit Chapter 17.

Because as you can see the ones I have are on their last legs. I should maybe be saving money for the secret shop in Chapter 21, but the idea of buying so many that I can use them in place of Iron Swords is very funny to me.

Woah, this new stage lighting makes Larum's dances so much cooler! Just be careful you don't drop a stage light on her head.

The right half of my army is retreating, but not fast enough that they don't suffer a Bolting or two on their way out. It's been a while since I last played, I remember Elen having more magic than this.

I may as well Purge proof Astolfo too. I hope I get another one of these staves... I might have to waste a Hammerene use on it, I've nearly burned through all 15 of its uses.

Looks like I'm going to have to either send Astolfo down Hugh's way or let him walk all the way around the castle and back to my army. There's no time limit on this map so there's nothing stopping me from doing that, but it feels a little silly. Lesson learned I guess, Merlinus does not make a good replacement for a Thief! You can't pick pockets from inside of a wagon.

It's probably better my units get hit by these Purges than not, Lilina needs to build staff EXP if I want to fulfil my dreams of her having a 30 magic Warp range. Although I'm not sure that's ever going to be possible without comical amounts of turtling and staff grinding.

The Purge Bishop in the middle of the map moves with all the other units, but he made the misfortune of standing right next to a wall where Lance could toss a Javelin at him. In any game but this one he'd be a sitting duck, but even seige tomes aren't very heavy in FE6... It's because they were never localised and

Standing next to a wall wasn't the only questionable decision he made. I don't know why he'd go for Cecilia before anybody else. Maybe she's got the worst avoid?

Hugh is so close and yet so far away. Can Roy recruit him through the wall? Just yell very loudly that we want him to join our army and he needs to come over here so we can pay him... At which point we ambush him around a corner and mug him.

Thank you for standing in range of my attacks for two turns in a row! Maybe he wanted to be as close as my army as possible so he hugged the wall without realising he could be attacked over it. Or maybe he knows seige tomes are the worst and he offered his life up as penance.

Maybe I should have given some of my combat units keys, they can't open this door until Astolfo gets here. But they can stand around the edges of this room and bait foolish soldiers into their deaths. 0 damage from a promoted enemy! That's embarrassing.

You'd think that me going the Sacae rout might mean that Melady can't demolish the rest of the game, but if all goes to plan and I steal the Delphi Shield then she's going to be taking 0 damage from bow users too. Can anyone stop her?

They maybe could if they could hit her. I like the visual of each soldier peeping through the doors into this room to see if the invaders have arrived yet, and being answered with Melady sticking a lance straight through the door hole.

Leaving the castle and going back in through the other door is an awful amount of dedication for someone who's not getting paid.

Hugh's too committed to his advance to turn around at this point, but popping open these doors might convince all the other enemies to start heading left instead of right. If Douglas joins them I'll just slap him with the Sleep staff.

Yep, there he goes. Maybe I could lure him into a treasure room and block him off?

A pincer attack made by two units I don't want to kill! How diabolical. Although I can't help but feel this outcome is entirely my fault.

Reinforcements are due on turn 10 or so, so it's time for the stair standers to perform their duty until they stop. Social distancing guidelines are still being enforced in Etruria so you're not allowed to pass people on the stairs.

I don't think these Manaketes move at all, at least not from what I've seen. Maybe I should have brought Fae along for an easy kill and a free level for her.

Now Larum can solving a Bolting from that one Mage in the corner and live with 1 HP. Every point of HP is extra padding against a potential misplay...

With the power of friendship Lance can gain just enough crit avoid to engage this dragon without facing a crit chance that could end up with him dying in a single hit. It's just the power of friendship and not the power of love because Lance and Lot only have a B support.

Thank you Lilina. You'll hit 30 magic before this LP is over (or your life), I believe in you!

Oops, I left a single staircase without a stair supervisor to block off reinforcements! Good thing this guy didn't have Aircalibur or a high crit tome.

It's hard to tell when Elen's Sleep radius covers the entire screen, but she's just short of reaching Douglas. The big man's arrived right in the middle of my army, and if I'm not careful he could back Lance into a corner... Which is much more dangerous to Douglas than it is Lance.

Larum's actually his adopted daughter. I'm not sure if you ever find that out outside of supports or not. She can't recruit him here though, because he's way too committed to dying for no reason. He will however not attack her, which makes walling him into a room with her a viable option. Larum can choke the point!

Oh and there's a second Bolting guy now. I'm not sending anybody over there though so that's fine. We'll just take the castle and not go into that part until these two starve to death in that little room.

Young man I think it is way past your bed time. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable using the Sleep staff on someone this heavily armoured and holding such a large axe, the fall might be very heavy and painful for him. Or maybe it's so solid that it keeps him perfectly upright even when he's unconcious.

Unfortunately Larum cannot talk to her dad while he is asleep. Just ask him the turn he wakes up, he'll probably be so heavily sedated that he'll agree to anything.

Time to save Zeiss from the naughty corner. I don't think Zeiss will attack his sister, but I'll have Lance or Lot finish the wall off so Melady can sweep in on the turn it comes down regardless.

Astolfo can loot this half of the castle while Hugh slowly catches up to make a donation of his Member Card. At this point in the game I think I'm safe in selling my promotion items... Someone else can be a hero.

When Douglas awakes his first sight shall be his loving adoptive daughter, as well as two strangers and a wall. It's not the best trap I could have made, but it works! I'm assuming he'll attack Igrene and not Ogier.

Lance could stand on the staircase that keeps spawning Mages, but then he wouldn't get to kill anyone and harvest their EXP. Can he cap anything else before he hits level 20?

That's the last of the reinforcements, the stair squad can take their leave. Hugh still hasn't caught up...

The Berserk staff! The GBA games are normally quite stingy with these. This staff only has 3 charges, so I need to find the funniest place to use it. Sacae might not be a bad place to pop it actually, it's full of super powerful enemies I would rather have kill each other than me.

He's been trapped in here for days! He only survived by eating wall insulation. That is incidentally what caused the wall next to him to become cracked and breakable, he hollowed it out from the inside.

King Zephiel and Princess Guinivere are both fighting on opposite sides of this war, so Bern soldiers can fight on either side and not be committing treason. That makes it okay for them to keep joining us.

Here's Zeiss! His name either rhymes with peace or nice, I don't know which. He's basically a second Melady, although he does require you to still have your first Melady alive to recruit him.

HP: 80%
STR: 60%
SKL: 50%
SPD: 35%
LCK: 20%
DEF: 25%
RES: 5%

Affinity: Thunder (Defense, Avoid, Critical, Critical Evade)
Support Partners: Melady, Elen, Karel, Bartre, Sin

Having already written Melady's analysis saves me a lot of writing Zeiss's, because they're very similar. Zeiss might have slightly higher growths in most areas, but they're both ramming headfirst into their stat caps so it's not as if it matters. Zeiss joins later with a worse weapon rank and at a lower level, but otherwise a trained Zeiss is going to do the exact same thing. Basically, he's a second Melady with a slightly higher base strength stat and slightly less speed, who joins later and takes a bit more effort to get going.

Also he gains one less resistance upon promotion than she does for some reason. I don't know why.

My Rating: 8.5/10. Not as good as his sister, still great though. Wishes he wasn't going to Sacae!

Douglas wakes! And immediately plants his axe into the nearest person. I misremembered and thought people couldn't attack the turn they wake up... I hope he knows that he's traumatised his daughter for life with this senseless act of violence he committed right in front of her.

Back to bed with you. Maybe he needs someone to tuck him in so he can't immediately start rampaging upon regaining conciousness.

Astolfo needs to go intercept Hugh, so Merlinus is stealing stuff now. He's technically a mounted unit, he should be able to promote with this!

Oops. Can you just wait a second while Astolfo clears out his pockets? This is an incredibly embarrassing problem to have during a mugging.

Thanks. There's a secret shop where Zeiss started in this map that sells promotion items as well as Lockpicks and Angelic Robes. I missed that it sold robes when I checked online, so I never bothered to visit figuring I already had everything I needed. I guess all the money I don't spend on robes is money I can spend on Boots later.

I feel just a little bad about this. Maybe I could have spared him like I did Douglas... It's his fault for not quitting the moment his employers did! Never do unpaid overtime.

Yum. The Rescue staff can be almost as ridiculous as the Warp staff in regards to the strategies it allows, but its intended use is retrieving far away allies from danger and that will probably come in handy during an ironman. It'll be good for bailing me out when I do dumb things like sending Lance out into the desert by himself.

There's still a load of chests on the right side of the castle, and I'd rather not have to deal with Douglas while Astolfo loots those. Some rescue dropping and dancing should get him there before he wakes up...

But first he must make an essential stop. You've been demoted, hand over your badge and your gun! I don't know which one is which.

This would be nice to shoot Narcian with were he not so far away from it. They hurt a lot more now that he doesn't have his shield.

And you are dead! Or at least you would be, if Igrene could do more damage than she takes and you recover. Maybe this Runesword might be a problem.

Ideally I'd be giving this kill to Clarine for maximum poetic justice, but she died pretty much immediately after escaping Narcian. Melady's my second best choice, although she appears to have bailed on this battle the moment Narcian started talking. I'll pretend my incompetence in screenshotting this fight against Narcian is my way of adding insult to injury to him.

See? Not a single image of Narcian taking a hit, so it looks like he spontaneously died of shame. If only he'd done that sooner!

Sin's not nothing to be ashamed of though. I hope he keeps getting defense, if he dies before I can unlock the Chapter 20x gaiden then I'm not getting the golden ending.

Lot can clean up the last few enemies while Astolfo does his thing. He can also distract Douglas for a few turns so long as he has someone to heal him back up...

Oh no, this treasure hoard comes with a dragon! Larum can help Lance and Melady can poke at his ankles from under the door until he leaves.

Melady joins Lance in the capped speed club. A cap of 23 is pretty low, but it's still enough that she will be able to double most enemies for the rest of the game. Maybe I could buy 50 pairs of Boots in Chapter 21, or maybe I could buy enough Goddess Icons and Talismans to have Melady cap all of her other stats too...

I could have paid Hugh with this if I'd have stolen it earlier. I probably wouldn't have spared him anyway, but I could have.

Oh hell yes. Both of these are incredible weapons, and I'm a little surprised to be getting them this early. The Brave Lance should be especially helpful for double attacking fast Sacaen enemies I otherwise would not be able to double...

Another Restore staff will be nice for the upcoming gaiden, it's full of annoying status staff users. The Recover staff I've never really found to be particularly essential, it does heal to max regardless of the user's magic but Mend generally heals so much to begin with that I would rather sell it or just spam it on minor injuries to level up my staff users faster.

27 turns! All treasure obtained, Zeiss recruited, Douglas spared, Hugh's credit card stolen. I think that's pretty good. I'd have grinded for supports, but then I'd have to deal with Douglas.

Now that all of their castle loot has been stolen, Bern's soldiers have had to flee their castle home for a much more affordable apartment in a skyrise. Being dead is one of the requirements for being a saint though, so we should go give them a head start on that. For some reason this only happens if Douglas is still alive... Most other gaiden chapters at least have some justification for their unlock requirements, but I guess this one doesn't.

Next time: Radiant Dawn's endgame

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, we did get a death here, even if it was an intentional one. Poor Hugh.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
Glad to see this back!

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Oh hey, more Fire Emblem LP activity.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
it's back :neckbeard:

Cleanly handled, even if killing off a recruitable character is an unforgivable offense.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I'm really feeling the parallel to Shura on the "I'd rather have a pair of boots" scale.

midnight lasagna
Oct 15, 2016

Blaze Dragon posted:

Well, we did get a death here, even if it was an intentional one. Poor Hugh.

Oh right I did kill a guy didn't I. I need to make a lovely gravestone to commemorate this.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

midnight lasagna posted:

Oh right I did kill a guy didn't I. I need to make a lovely gravestone to commemorate this.

There's that American spirit!

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

To be fair only the second guy would die of starvation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I'm happy to see this LP back as well, I've enjoyed your FE LPs a lot ML.