Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
what, someone posted about text legibility? the song of my people...

to my eyes they look readable, but the paperdolls are maybe harder than it has to be? That's subjective, sure, so I went looking for some numbers.

I used the eyedropper tool so this isn't guaranteed to be right, but I ran the green/yellow text vs background colors through WebAIM's contrast checker: https://webaim.org/resources/contrastchecker/ and they do pass, but fairly small text (10 point?) being near bold line art does have an impact. it'd probably help to raise text size on the paperdoll if you can.

If that's not feasible I'd move the background closer to black just to scrape out a little more contrast. I tried cutting your background values in half to bring it closer to black (rgb 20, 40, 10 to rgb 10, 20, 5) and that looked like an improvement. given that I have no issues with the black on white in the left I imagine higher contrast could help here too.

or, whatever! every display is different so maybe it's just mine giving me grief.

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dav
Nov 6, 2009
Not directly LP-related, but somehow I suspect this might be a good place to ask:
If I still reread the Aaron Allston X-wing books occasionally but haven’t felt the need to reread the Stackpole ones, how much of this bundle am I likely to enjoy?

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/...33b9adc2002d7ee

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

There's a few BT books worth reading but the sad fact is that Stackpole is better than most. Charette and Keith are probably worth your time?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Alright. Things are moving again.

[removed for epileptic triggers] I didn't realize that would be an issue with a static image. Working on alternatives now.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 22, 2023

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
:swoon:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

navigation map: online

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Looking good!

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
I love it! And I hate it!

I love that things are back in motion!
I hate that the map is triggering my epilepsy and making me slightly nauseous by even just glancing at the map. Something about the horizontal lines combined with each nation having a different shade of green is just messing me up something fierce.

Kind of a light version of this example from Deep Rock Galactic
https://electronicepileptic.wordpress.com/2022/11/22/deep-rock-galactic-triggers/

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Tweaked to remove any chance of screen flickering. Hopefully the retro 80s feel remains intact.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

PoptartsNinja posted:

Tweaked to remove any chance of screen flickering. Hopefully the retro 80s feel remains intact.

Can you include the flickering version behind a link? I wanted to see :(

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's Here but I won't be using it if there's any risk of it causing someone a photosensitive epilepsy issue.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's Here but I won't be using it if there's any risk of it causing someone a photosensitive epilepsy issue.

Thanks. Too bad to hear that it causes problems because it's a neat effect otherwise!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Yeah, the intent was to make it look like an old CRT monitor. But I could spend hours of work on something and I'll throw it in the trash in a heartbeat if it risks causing anyone an actual medical issue.

Edit: Fortunately, this was more like 20 minutes of work and a few seconds through a filter in GIMP.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 22, 2023

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Both versions look nice, a little hype before the storm

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yup that one is perfect for me. Thanks a bunch!

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SerthVarnee posted:

I love that things are back in motion!
I hate that the map is triggering my epilepsy and making me slightly nauseous by even just glancing at the map. Something about the horizontal lines combined with each nation having a different shade of green is just messing me up something fierce.

This is fascinating, because while it doesn't make me nauseous, it's really difficult to focus on, like my brain is getting gummed up trying to parse the House symbols out of the noise, and my eyes don't want to track on it. Not epileptic, as far as I know, although I have some other brain things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
New thread is up so I'm going to close this one.