Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

LJN92 posted:

Missed a bracket in the Leo and Anna support.

Also the "Kaden x Velouria" link leads to the same Leo and Anna convo.

Fixed! It's easy to lose track of these things when there's so many SSLP testposts to make.

Edit: Update on last page!

Edit 2:
VVVV Got that one too., thanks for the catch!

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
Also, the Keaton x Velouria link leads to a dupe of Elise x Hana instead.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Odd Wilson posted:

-Requested Extras-

Oboro x Camilla S- [ESSM]

In the first of extra supports requested, we have possibly the gayest romance novel support there is. At least so far.

Apparently Oboro and Camilla are the most sensible people in our army as they'd actually plan to wait on kids until after all this fighting is over. And they probably wouldn't stick them in a timehole either.

I am increasingly of the conclusion that I like Camilla whenever it's not actually IntSys writing her.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Update 54: Anna Karenina (Witches' Trial)

anna, stop trying to sell contraband to our singular prisoner

no, i'm not going to do anything to stop you, i'm going next door to the...

SUPER ARENA

Anna is still confusingly referring to Arthur as "sweet daughter". I'm starting to think this is some kind of merchant slang.

Arthur wins out in the arena today. Good for him! He only survived by dodging an attack in the second fight, but still!

Lilith munches some fruit for a STR, MAG, LCK level.

Given I'll need to throw a vote for this soon, this is what Setsuna's promotion bonuses look like. Master Ninja gives her insane SPD, good RES, and swords, but Mechanist gives her a more balanced build with bow access back.

But that's all for base stuff, we've got a DLC to clean up.

Time for the Witches' Trial.

ANNA: Come one! Come all! To the OUTREALM. TRIALLLLL. GRROUUUNDS!

ANNA: Are you a magical maestro? Do you hurt people with your brain? Love brooms?

ANNA: Then this is the trial for you! Beat the challenge, and you'll get a magical gift!

ANNA: The trial this time is called "When Hill Witches Attack!!"

ANNA: Gosh, sounds scary, doesn't it? Thankfully, I know you've got it all under control!

ANNA: Witches, by the by, can show up out of nowhere, so... uh... watch out for that.

ANNA: Now, do you have what it takes to dispel the curse? Let's find out!

ANNA: ...

ANNA: I SAID "Let's find out!"

ANNA: Ah! And THERE are our beauties! Well, I'll be off then. Ta-ta and have fun!

That's the setup for this. Honestly, I'm imagining that Anna just rounded up some people who don't like Corndog and gave them a chance to shoot her for money.

This map is a recreation of FE Gaiden/ Echoes: Shadows of Valentia's Fear Mountain map. The witch at the top of the map here is standing in for Marla. So I'll just be calling her that, I guess.

From the top of the mountain she'll be calling in Witch reinforcements each turn, all of them capable of teleporting in at delivering inopportune strikes on our team. Witches were frequently low level, but due to low RES on most units, they could absolutely put a hole in someone and another in the ground for their grave.

Marla's got some strong stats, her danger hindered by the fact she's only carrying a Nosferatu tome, (Witches get Shadowgift, giving them access to it. Because Nerfederatu is the only Dark Magic around, it's a pretty minor bonus.)

Also, the Witch class attacks with a lantern and there's no broom in sight so talk about false advertising, Anna :mad:

...But their animations are super stylish, and that's an excellent hat, so all is forgiven.

I'm taking some lowbies in, so I back out for a meal. Nyx is a surprisingly good cook with an added MAG, DEF, RES bonus on top.

The units here today are Corndog/Scarlet, Hinoka/Camilla, Izana/Takumi, Kaze/Azura, Flora/Peri, Leo/Hayato, and Odin.

This map also does that annoying thing where it spawns in reinforcements as soon as you start it. In this case, it's at least a little forewarned. These are the Witches we'll have to be constantly dealing with.

The Witch warp has been nerfed a little, the original allowing them to just teleport next to any of your units on the map.

I love how unusually casual this help message is.

Seize map!

Our music for this map is the rad DLC trial music.

Music: Contest of Pride
Music: Contest of Pride (Roar)

We have already heard this version of it, so have the Roar version with electric guitars instead.

What I've neglected to show up until this point is this regiment of bows and lances awaiting us on the southern part of the map. These blokes would move in behind us if we started to rush the mountaintop first. Better to meet their charge now.

Leo's leading this charge, and a witch very soon teleports down to meet him.

They seem to only use 1 teleport at a time here. That makes this significantly easier.

Our team starts working on cleaning up.

kaze that's not strength

He hits 12 and gets HP, SKL, SPD. HP is nice, the rest he's already doing fine in.

Azura hits 25 with a significantly better STR, MAG, SKL, SPD, RES.

She also learns Voice of Peace from this, giving all enemies within 2 tiles of her -2 damage.

Hinoka borrows Effie's Lance from Peri and dunks on an archer for her level 20. She gets HP, STR, SPD, LCK, DEF, RES. :golfclap:

The enemy AI is still on individual aggro, so it's being very easy to pick them off.

Since we're here, Hinoka picks up her promotion to Falcon Knight. This gives her added utility with staves and a sizeable MAG boost for that.

We seem to get new witches every 2 turns.

It's a good idea to keep any units on the frontlines in defensive pair-ups if possible as it stops the witches from getting more damage on you with assistance.

Hayato needs help getting these Knights down. Such is the nature of being 7 levels under the curve and relying on crits.

HAYATO: Hahaha ha.

This crit line is just a smug laugh.

He gets a dance and is fed more EXP.

HAYATO: Goodbye.

Even he expects his level 14 to be mediocre. SPD, LCK, RES.

Odin also nabs some EXP while he can. He's probably the most disadvantaged unit here.

Corrin and Scarlet just chill in the vicinity, ready to swoop in if the situation turns sour. Neither are looking to pick up any EXP here.

Peri baits the enemy this time.

I'm not sure if the strategy to this map is particularly deep on this difficulty, but I'll go over it anyways.

This Archer moves up and reminds me that a beast effective bow exists in this game.

This turn's incoming Witch opts to attack Leo for no damage, probably just because Peri would double her.

Azura gets a rare assist on our turn.

Hayato, level 15. LCK, DEF, RES.

yeah it's about what i expected too

Takumi misses his chance to get this EXP, literally.

KAZE: The pain will pass...!

of course it will, because they're going to be dead

the shuriken throw crit is pretty cool though

Flora levels to 16 off guarding for Peri, gets SKL, RES. As I've noted before, her levels can be generally bad for a long time and she'll still be very usable.

I guess she and Rat Kid are just getting into the spirit of Gaiden with these two and three stat levels.

Also she picks up her Heartseeker.

A witch flies in to shoot at Scarlet. This is also a good reason for me to keep our protagonist wyvern girls out of the main fight.

The witches are starting to accumulate at the top.

And Leo continues to proc Brynhildr's skill on 0 damage attacks.

Odin gets HP, SKL, SPD, RES for level 13. Eh, I'll take it. He picks up Duelist's Blow.

Rat Kid and Leo miss their collective chance to take out the sole general over here by 1 HP.

Peri hits 20 with a level of HP, STR, SPD. Pretty good.

Azura dances Leo so he can pick up the General. He's promoted, they're promoted, it's decently efficient.

He becomes our first unit to hit level 5 promoted I believe. HP, STR, MAG, RES.

Quite good. He also gets Seal Magic for this. Just in time as well, he can use this to debuff Marla.

In what may be either an amazing coincidence or some great AI, this Merc and Archer pair move up so that a Witch can teleport to them and shoot at Corndog on the mountain.

ow

It may just be because most of the enemies up north decided to move.

drat this lady's going hiking

Peri moves in to lure some enemies, and takes her promotion into Paladin. This sets her up with a very well-rounded statline as her defenses even out.

And of course, the Guard Naginata makes any spear user a tank. This thing is so busted.

ODIN: Odin Dark knows no fear!

I'd say so, bud. You just jumped in front of and cut an arrow in half.

Tacomeat hits 15 and continues to claim he's the strong one in the family. To his credit, he did get STR. HP, STR, SKL, SPD is a pretty good level for him.

Our turn, Hayto sweeps up a Witch for level 16. HP, MAG, SKL, LCk, RES

Peri makes her first attack as a promoted unit a miss.

At least she's having fun?

This archer actually just needs to go, so Camilla comes in to deal with it.

Conveniently, this is enough to get her to level 5 as well. HP, STR, MAG, DEF, RES. Excellent level.

She gets Savage Blow, which activates immediately. After taking out an enemy, she does 20% to all enemies within 2 spaces after she initiates combat. That's pretty wild.

The Merc that the Archer was paired with is the luckiest guy alive because he dodged three 28% crits.

Perhaps staggered by this, Corndog takes it out on the Hiking Witch.

Odin cleans up the super Merc...

And Leo is forced to take out one of the knights to guarantee that Odin survives the enemy phase.

The enemy then does another unique teleport, warping in a witch without using her action just so she can support this Knight.

Fire Emblem has this score it tracks of Victories and Losses, with the latter being any battle the unit overwhelmingly lost more than they gained.

This is one of those for Kaze and Azura.

Given Odin had a support guard ready, he might have actually survived the turn anyways. Maybe. It would have been close because 2 Knights and the Witch all could have gotten attacks in on them.

On our turn, Kaze gets his revenge on the Witch at least.

He hits 13, netting STR, SKL, SPD, RES. A good level!

Rat Kid blasts the Knight and scores level 17. HP, STR, MAG, LCK. A weird level, but it's stats?

...god his stats are so subpar

Peri lures some Witches in and they can't even touch her now that she's promoted.

For having waited this long, a unique Witch group warps in, a paired team. This one is higher level with better damage and is also carrying a Warp skill book.

This lets us teach anyone the Witch teleport skill, provided they're promoted level 15+ or equivalent.

We let the Witch Pair come to us instead, so another turn passes.

We make strides in being unbearably passive as I move everyone back out of range and leave only a javelin equipped Peri in range. She and Flora are our magekillers.

Rat Kid takes a 66% chance to snag some big EXP.

He hits it, hits 18, and gets only DEF.

I'm sorry, I just have to calculate how bad these levels have been for you.

...And the answer is that he's roughly average outside of being down -4 SPD. By certain measures, our Nyx is better.

We do pick up Warp, of course. We'll have to decide who gets it way later.

Hayato continues assist by dueling the enemy Generals that await us, but in the meanwhile Azura picks up level 26, getting everything but MAG and DEF.

Odin struggles to get a hit in. If we had money, I'd make him a souped up Brass Katana. But I don't.

At least the Witch reinforcements have stopped.

I give one General to Takumi instead, and he hits 16 off of it. HP, STR, SKL DEF. Actually not bad. He's apparently ahead on STR and DEF now.

In time, the way to Marla is open.

Music: Wild Outlaw

Flora opens the fight, showing off her big mage shoulderpads and her raven feather cloak. The sheer edginess of her Halloween costume means that Marla only has a 5% chance to connect a 0 damage hit on her.

So begins an incredibly prolonged duel.

But then I say hell with it, give Peri a shot.

PERI: Right where I want you!

Yeah, Nosferatu won't save you from that. Was almost worth a full level though.

Let's blow this popsicle stand.

Music: Light on a Window

ANNA: Woohoo! You won! Are you guys professional witchbusters or something?

ANNA: Remind me to never put any curses on you! Heehee.

ANNA: Oh, right! Reward time! I give to you: the Witch's Mark. This will allow you to copy the techniques and the outfits of the foes you saw today.

ANNA: 'Til next time! Do svidaniya, my friend!

Suddenly, Anna is Russian.

I don't think witches are particularly unique to Russia, so I've no clue.

Lilith gets more food when we come back, getting everything but STR and LCK.

Rat Kid wins in the arena...

And I have more supports to drown in. I still haven't fixed the support listings yet!

A lot of these are base game supports. Hopefully I can remedy that with the next update.

----------------------SUPPORTS----------------------------

Azura x Kaze B-
Kaze returns after having helped deliver the medicine to Azura's childhood caretaker. There's a flower petal in the reply mail and seeing it causes her to cry her eyes out all over Kaze's sleeve. She then bails from the conversation without explanation.

Hayato x Azura C-
Hayato is excited to have seen so much of the outside world and wants to know more. He executes a perfect foot-in-mouth maneuver as he mistakes what he's heard about Azura in her having seen a lot of the world.

We're already aware how little of Azura's travels have been of her own will or particularly enjoyable, so yeah.

Takumi x Odin C- [UGF?]
This one's not marked in the spreadsheet and it's not default, so I'll assume it's UGF.

This one ends up being rather plot relevant, aside from Odin getting the new word of "auramancer" to use. This one references both Birthright and Awakening's storylines- Takumi gets possessed in the former and the "mother's friend" is presumably Robin and their influence from the Fell Dragon Grima.

Takumi passes this off as Odin being his usual dramatic self.

Camilla x Hinoka B-
Hinoka approaches sewing the way she fights her enemies: quickly and aggressively. Needless to say, this doesn't work all too well, but after a bit of conversation the two of them get it somewhat back on track as a bonding activity.

Corndog x Hinoka C-
Corndog finds Hinoka brushing her pegasus and the opportunity arrives to ask her about her decision to become a Sky Knight. Apparently the specific reason is that as a kid she wasn't able to make it past the castle grounds on her rash attempts to go invade Nohr personally, so she realized she'd never be able to do it alone on foot.

In the end, she realizes it was a good experience for her, though she still laments the event that caused it.

Corndog x Scarlet B-
Corndog shows up just in time to learn about Scarlet's gunk skills. That is, bedazzling her weapons by pasting colorful rocks to them in mosaics. After all, you've gotta be stylin' on the battlefield.

Corndog was apparently too sheltered to have perlers in her tower. Scarlet's skill is so bedazzling, she can't help but lay on the compliments.

Scarlet x Flora C- [Unwritten]
This one's the only 1st gen Flora support to not have been written.

To tie it into the Corndog support, maybe it starts with Flora having problems washing the attache paste out of Scarlet's clothes. The conversation goes nowhere as Scarlet offers to bedazzle Flora's headpiece for her in repayment.

You could probably take it somewhere like Scarlet eventually teaching her how to do it with some snowflake patterns or something, giving her a hobby in her free time so she can stop hanging around Corndog, being repentant, or constantly doing more chores.

Peri x Flora B- [ESSM]
All of the servants are deathly afraid to go near the laundry, so Flora has to investigate. Peri's throwing just a tiny little tantrum, but Flora gets her to calm down somewhat.

Questioning as to why Peri is doing her own laundry reveals the particularly predictable reason: she done murdered her maid. Flora has to leave before she resorts to violence herself.

Takumi x Izana C- [Uncoded]
We present an alternate timeline where Izana didn't mysteriously die.

Izana pops on by while Takumi is training and is inspired to make an on the spot fortune reading when the latter foregoes his chance for some spicy hair tips. The fortune makes a promise that Izana will make him smile someday, and thus he leaves, off to go do Party Jesus things.

Leo x Hayato C- [Unfinished]
This one's in the works, claimed but nothing posted yet.

My guess is it's something to do with Hayato investigating a perceived rival as the tries-too-hard-to-look-adult mage versus the tries-too-hard-to-look-cool mage. Leo probably finds this to be ridiculous.

They probably eventually bond over the both of them being hungry for approval.

Kaze x Odin C- [Unwritten]
Given as it's never been so far, perhaps a direction for this support chain to go is Odin having been related to Kaze and Rinkah captured, creating an awkward barrier between them. Although for sake of easy consistency you can have it to where he was only responsible for Kaze and not Rinkah.

Maybe some other support answers this already, I dunno. There's hundreds, I haven't read them all.

--------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's that. Next time we'll do a little invasion and grinding, then start the setup for us to finally move on into Revelation's real story.

Left 4 Bread fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 8, 2023

LJN92
Mar 5, 2014

Left 4 Bread posted:

ANNA: 'Til next time! Do svidaniya, my friend!

Suddenly, Anna is Russian.

I don't think witches are particularly unique to Russia, so I've no clue.

My guess is the original was her saying goodbye in English or something, which would make no sense in a translation, so they picked a different exotic goodbye.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Well Russia has Baba Yaga so witches are slightly more Russian I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
If it's not apparent already, I'm going to miss getting this week's update out in time. I already have for that matter. :v:

I'm having a slump week combined with bad sleep. It'll pass in time, but there goes my productivity!