Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Crisis Now posted:

Known extent of the Black Ocean in 2200.

Looking at that map, all I can think of is "I hope we can find the Ether Drake soon so we can have a proper Here Be Dragons to go with it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alumnus Post
Dec 29, 2009

They are weird and troubling. We owe it to our neighbors to kill them.
Pillbug

worm girl posted:

I can't wait to eat that queen.

YOU HAVE 001 STAR SYSTEMS
TO BE KING YOU MUST GATHER MANY STAR SYSTEMS

Crisis Now posted:

Known extent of the Black Ocean in 2200.

This is going to be quite the ride, isn't it. Gobspeed, Aquilegionaries. :allears:

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

So happy that even though I missed the vote we are still goblins! This is very cool, good luck!

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Man gently caress humans

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I demand we obtain halflings. I hear they are good at cooking.

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Time to learn the magic of friendship and violence, combined together and taken to space. Gob and orc pals will get through this!

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

The Lone Badger posted:

I demand we obtain halflings. I hear they are good at cooking.

I believe the phrasing is "good for cooking".

We should eat them is what I'm saying.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Privateers of the Black Ocean, take your letters of marque and go forth in glory!

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
The lesson we should learn from this is that thrones will only fail us, no more emperors, no more queens.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

NewMars posted:

The lesson we should learn from this is that thrones will only fail us, no more emperors, no more queens.

Counterpoint, thrones are very comfortable. Everyone should get a throne to be as comfortable as possible.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Dr. Snark posted:

Looking at that map, all I can think of is "I hope we can find the Ether Drake soon so we can have a proper Here Be Dragons to go with it."

Or someone with the Dragon origin.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
I demand a fully automated gay luxury space communism run. Smash these loving monarchists. Grind their speciesism into the dust and break their aristocratic arrogance to shards. God I've never hated someone so fast.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I'm afraid the orks are voting for fully-automated luxury gay space cannibalism.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
I say we should be space hustlers, grinding across the galaxy in pursuit of capital, net worth, assets, etc. while our Orc friends hang on for dear life and try to curb our suicidal ambition.

If we're military hustlers I think that makes us pirates, which is appropriate given our culture.

worm girl fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 20, 2022

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Do both.

Be hustling pirates who use their booty to provide the material gains to support a communist society!

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Samovar posted:

Do both.

Be hustling pirates who use their booty to provide the material gains to support a communist society!

A communist pirate monarchy. Well, more like diarchy I suppose.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

worm girl posted:

I say we should be space hustlers, grinding across the galaxy in pursuit of capital, net worth, assets, etc. while our Orc friends hang on for dear life and try to curb our suicidal ambition.

If we're military hustlers I think that makes us pirates, which is appropriate given our culture.

I like this plan, let it be so.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

worm girl posted:

:hmmyes:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Space Kronstadt x the Vulgarian Cossacks

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Boksi posted:

A communist pirate monarchy. Well, more like diarchy I suppose.

I don't think the Champion system works as a monarchy, strictly. Seems closer to like a martial celebrety contest? that winning grants you the social clout to do basically whatever.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I just have one question.
Look at how far away they are! What the hell were there fleets doing all the way out here?! Did they get lost?
They haven't claimed anything in the dozen or so systems between there borders and our waterball.
Did they show up JUST so they could kick the new guys down and be jerks? Rude!

Okay, maybe it was a few questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Arise, Tarnished Vulgarians. Enact thy will. Become Elden Lord Cosmonarch.

That being said, I hope we are not doing fully-automated luxury gay space communism this time. Don't get me wrong, I love it as much as everyone else, but it seems like every Stellaris run sooner or later drifts into F-ALGSC.

Definitely following this one, you are excellent storyteller and Stellaris is a great tool for storytelling.