Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord

Part 0 - Intro and creation screen
Part 1 - Arise, Vulgarian - 2200

Crisis Now fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord
Part O - intro and creation screen.

COSMONARCH
I have for the longest time wanted to do a fantasy-themed Stellaris Let's Play, and the release of Elden Ring consumed my life for a month and inspired me to finally do this, and then the release of the new Overlord DLC for Stellaris emboldened me even more. The galaxy will be seeded entirely with custom fantasy-themed / inspired empires, and the fallen empires / marauders present and altered to be thematically relevant, all the typical fantasy races will be present - that the base Stellaris species will permit. As much as possible everything will be referred to in fantasy and or medieval terms. And this will also be somewhat of a challenge as I'll deliberately be trying to become the most powerful power in the galaxy, whether that be through military, political or economic means is yet to be seen.

I will not be burdening myself with forty gigabytes of mods like I did with the Exodus Let's Play, and make the game a barely functional mess; only a handful of mostly cosmetic and flavour mods, but nothing that will majorly change the mechanics of the game, as I'd like to see and showcase a lot of what Overlord has added without altering them. Ideally I'd like audience-participation to be as high as possible, with a lot of our course decided by you, whether that comes down to votes, factions, or I just try to gauge the thread's mood and follow suite ingame will probably be undecided until at least the first few posts to fully establish things.

We find ourselves in the Tempest Galaxy, a large spiral galaxy with two dense arms teeming with life. A great empire once lay claim to all the stars in the night sky, led by a succession of human imperial houses, but civil-wars and ceaseless court intrigue weakened them. And then in one fateful night the last emperor of the galaxy, the Cosmonarch, was slain and the Imperial Capital on the immense ringworld known simply as the Crown was shattered, ending the empire and plunging the heavens into turmoil. A millennium has passed and now the fragments of the Old Empire are clawing their way back toward the stars from the darkness that had consumed the galaxy. None may hold the title of emperor / empress, that is a privilege reserved for the Cosmonarch, but to reach that stage they will have to accrue a great amount of power and influence over the other states of the galaxy.

Who are we? We are a nation of no renown. Our first steps into space were ill-fated and we were laid low by a former great lord of the Old Empire who has seen fit to subjugate us, if we are to take our place among the stars, we must free ourselves and vanquish our new overlord, but we may yet find friends or foes among the other unfortunate fools who crossed our lord.

But before we can play, we need to figure out who we are, really. So let's create our heroes (or villains) for this hopefully space epic.

(note these are not all the races that will be present, but I had to narrow the selection down to the 'principle' ones. It may be possible to incorporate others into our empire and led them lead us down the line)

CHOOSE APPEARANCE
(to save the thread opening with a bunch of posts about votes, I'll make them external)

I had debated whether to put the ethics and civics up to a vote as well, but I feared we may end up as an empire too skewed towards a single way of playing which may prove hard to shift away from as well as potentially locking us out of content, where as starting as a fairly middle-of-the-road power would hopefully allow us to change, and say become more psychically or technology focused or to try to straddle the two, and hopefully not draw the ire of any who themselves are fully devoted to one or the other.

We are known as Vulgarians - upstarts. One of many that now crop up across the cosmos and wish to try their luck at claiming the role of Cosmonarch. Many fail and are swatted from the heavens, but we are one of the 'lucky' ones to find ourselves only subjected rather than annihilated, but the stain of Vulgarity still clings to us.

We are led by a Vulgarian Champion, a single being that is the physical embodiment of our nation and people, through them greatness and riches will be granted to our fledgling kind. The people exist to empower the champion, and in turn the champion exists to provide for, protect and inspire the people.

Traits will be decided upon what our appearance is, as there is a general set of traits I'm using for each race.
But planet type can be put to a vote!

Planet type is largely for flavour but will likely decide the 'theme and aesthetic' of our people as well.

CHOOSE PLANET

Voting will remain open until a substantial lead is visible for the two votes, which will allow me time to set up and fine-tune the galaxy in preparation to start.

But until then, I leave you with the final words heard by the people of the Tempest Galaxy before the thousand years of darkness fell upon them.

Crisis Now fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 13, 2022

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

bookmarking/ground floor/why no tracer rear end op

Pacho
Jun 9, 2010
All in for the Queen of Whores

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

Pacho posted:

All in for the Queen of Whores

We need to find her and be her friend and also it is time for goblinposting.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Thurbrok's art fills me with mirth. Ahh, if only I had a ringworld...

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm 100% dolphingang, but I'm also on board with allying the queen of whores -- hopefully her machine doesnt kill dolphins

Kangxi
Nov 12, 2016

"Too paranoid for you?"
"Not me, paranoia's the garlic in life's kitchen, right, you can never have too much."
Groundfloor on a new Crisis LP

Hell loving yes

Also, goblin mode all the time

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
Ground floor for this, hopefully it takes off. I'm here for the goblin horde, take it to space and gobb it all up for everyone!

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Orcs! Orcs! Orcs! Orcs!

To illustrate my argument, here is a picture I drew of my orc paladin from a game of D&D I was in like eight years ago:

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
Not to get too far ahead of ourselves here but if we go orcs we need to find some kind of way to enslave the goblins or otherwise integrate them into our society.

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
The goal of the dolphins should be to devolve humans back into monkeys.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Gotta throw my vote in for the orcs

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

aww yeah! it's starting! Time to gobbo-vote and befriend the Queen of Whores

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
It was a really compelling Orc picture, sorry dolphins.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

A compelling as the orc pictre is, I cannot resist Goblin mode

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
v disappointed the dwarves aren't lithoids :colbert:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Strike the Earth, Dig Greedily, DIG DEEP

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Ground floor. It's time ta git proppa orky an' krump some 'umies!

In support, I advance the following with respect to our spaceships:

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 01:45 on May 14, 2022

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Empress Theonora posted:

Orcs! Orcs! Orcs! Orcs!

To illustrate my argument, here is a picture I drew of my orc paladin from a game of D&D I was in like eight years ago:

I love everything about this.

e: unrelated - but please do a mod list / collection on steam.

tithin fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 14, 2022

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Goblins. Size doesn't matter when you're piloting a dreadnought.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

space marines when

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Orcs.

zanni
Apr 28, 2018

my fellow posters. orcs

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
WAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHH! That is all.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

We need to be space goblins that do not give one single gently caress.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Goblins

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord
We will be playing Oceanic Goblins

With a small Orc minority

Still a little fine-tuning of the galaxy generation and spawned empires, then I can start.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
For some reason the description of Orcs pisses me off. Maybe it's the 'uncivillised', maybe it's the fact that they've turned into mindless space pirates.

Guper
Jan 21, 2019
Perfect! I was torn between goblins and orcs, so... por que no los dos?

Love the art!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
We will put a goblin on the throne, maybe even two or three at the same time if it's big enough. That is a threat and a promise.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Time to set out and create the People's Democratic Magic Kingdom of Space

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
Fully automated (through slavery) luxury space communism (communism means all goblins and orcs are equal).

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
YEEEEEEEEES GROUND FLOOR

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the CK3 LP? I assume Exodus is done.

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord

Viola the Mad posted:

YEEEEEEEEES GROUND FLOOR

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the CK3 LP? I assume Exodus is done.

CK3 LP may continue at some point. Elden Ring completely blindsided me, I bought it on a whim, having never played a FromSoftware game before, and it was all I played day and night for a month solid. Which kinda stopped any progress in CK3.

Exodus also can be finished at the very least. I did infact play ahead the next ten years to 2400 before the update that killed all my mods. And while I never intended 2400 to be the end, there is a lot that happens in those 10 years of LOIS' premiership, that a conclusion to the LP could be made from.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Crisis Now posted:

CK3 LP may continue at some point. Elden Ring completely blindsided me, I bought it on a whim, having never played a FromSoftware game before, and it was all I played day and night for a month solid. Which kinda stopped any progress in CK3.

Exodus also can be finished at the very least. I did infact play ahead the next ten years to 2400 before the update that killed all my mods. And while I never intended 2400 to be the end, there is a lot that happens in those 10 years of LOIS' premiership, that a conclusion to the LP could be made from.

Oh man Exodus, I loved that LP. How many assassinations are too many assassinations? We will never know.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Exodus got me into playing Stellaris.

...with tons of mods. I'm waiting for the modders to update before I start another game.

Crisis Now posted:

At least we know that the synths didn't assassinate LOIS! That's a start!

Crisis Now
May 2, 2012

Sword of the Lord
Part 1 - Arise, Vulgarian - 2200

There is a force, a kind of malignancy that permeates itself through every facet of our reality. It fills the hearts of mortal men with the utmost of desires, that can only be bought with the spilled blood of billions. Ambition.
It has stirred the spirit of many a great and terrible ruler to conquer the heavens, over and over, only to lose it all eventually. Some say it has always existed, others believe it to be a machination of the First Empire, to ensure that when it fell, that a new empire would always rise to take its place, there must always be a 'sovereign of the stars', a Cosmonarch. Its last iteration, the mighty Tempest Empire was it's largest and most awful yet. Fragments still remain, some wish to rebuild it as it was, others to wipe the slate and begin a new empire, so they can unwittingly carry on this cycle ad infinitum.
Already across the galaxy there are fools and hopefuls raising arms once more to carve apart heaven and try to proclaim themselves the next Cosmonarch or at least align with the most likely candidate in hope of earning their favour. The most dedicated, the most obsessed of whom the taint of ambition scars them so are known to others simply as Vulgarians. Led by a Vulgar Champion, they usually end up throwing themselves on the swords of some greater nearby power, some steadfast steward of the great fortresses of the stars or are torn to pieces in battle with ancient leviathans.

The latest victims are the people of Aquilegia, a vast ocean world that once was a prominent aquaculture hub for the Old Empire. The numerous chartered fishing companies trawled the seas of Aquilegia with ships crewed by goblins and overseen by human officers. But the Empire fell, and the Night of Drowning saw the goblin anglers assert their own rule over the water world. But with no oversight, little knowledge of worlds beyond their own and the technology necessary to get off the planet taken by the few human nobles who escaped the planet, the goblin populace now were restricted to their lonely blue orb, and so they carried on as they always had. The former fishing companies became petty kingdoms and duchies feuding and fighting for domination of fish-rich seas. The three minor landmasses of Aquilegia where human cities once sat had fallen in to great disrepair, and the further one got from the seas, the greater the danger from wild beasts or discarded human-made machines left behind. And yet at the same time, a great devil lurked beneath the waves - Krokras, the great fish, whom the goblins of Aquilegia came to revere and revile in equal measure, the immense mile-long behemoth did as she pleased and swallowed trawlers whole, and legends spoke of the day she may finally grow legs to come aland and finish the goblins for good. This state of affairs may very well have continued for millenia more were it not for the fated arrival of the HMS Laurel.

An Old Empire galleon fell from the skies, barely holding together as it plummeted through the atmosphere like a raging comet and made seafall off the coast of the smallest of the three landmasses - and it's momentum carried it on until it made landfall and finally came to a stop. Fearing it may be a sign that the Empire was back, and they had come to Aquilegia to reassert control, the various clans and kingdoms were divided over whether they should just submit and hope for mercy or fend off this imperial incursion at all costs. But no decision would have to be made, as the true occupants of the collosal warship soon made themselves known, and they were no humans, but orcs. Suffice to say, initial contact was not an amicable affair, and soon enough orc and goblin were at each other's throats. Despite there being only some thirty thousand that crewed the HMS Laurel and the goblin populace of Aquilegia numbering in the dozens of millions, the orcs still held their own, the weaponry and technology they possessed on the downed warship that had now became their indomitable fortress meant they could fend off assaults many magnitudes their size.

This sorry state persisted for many centuries. Steadily the orcs grew in number, claiming island-chains here and there, capturing ever more goblin battle-trawlers to add to their own fleets. In turn, the numerous goblin kingdoms slowly consolidated in face of the encroaching greenskins. Until it came to be that a sizable coalition led by the greatest goblin leader 'the Kingfisher' prepared to sail on Fortress Laurel, with the might of a million goblins and see the orcs defeated once and for all, or the orcs may very well have won and seen the largest local militaries defeated and the rest of the planet defenceless to their further expansion. The fate of such a battle will never truly be known, for on the eve of battle the most miraculous occurrence stopped both forces in their tracks. Krokras, the great and terrible goddess of the Aquilegian seas had been slain, her immense carcass surfacing in the shores off of the orc fortress. And from her maw appeared a goblin and orc, each of whom had been devoured by the beast, and within her belly made a pact to free themselves and slay the god. Digs and Barras, the first champions of Aquilegia.

A peace was brokered almost immediately, there could indeed be cooperation between goblin and orc. A cooperation that would turn out to be most beneficial, as civilisation began to rapidly flourish and advance on the water world. Orcs began to assimilate into the numerous goblin kingdoms, the marooned star-ship turned fortress became the center of a new major metropolis. From the archives of the Laurel, goblins relearned of the fate of the cosmos and other peoples of the Old Empire. Unknowingly it would sow the seeds for Vulgarity. Digs and Barras, slayer-of-gods, uniters of clans, would soon hold loftier goals, as unthinkable as it was, they desired to become the new Cosmonarch. An impossible feat considering Aquilegia possessed no interstellar capabilities, but they did have the Laurel. They started the great work that would take generations, the restoration of the ruined galleon, that would carry goblin and orc a-like back to the stars once more. The two champions would never live to see their ambitions fulfilled, but new generations of champions followed in their wake, always one goblin and one orc. The reverence surrounding the champions swelled with each generation, an immense cult of personality forming, glory for the champions meant glory for all on Aquilegia. This did not sit well with the few remaining kings, but when Vik 'Master of the Blue Blades' slew the Kingfisher one fateful night, it marked the beginning of the end for the kingdoms. Within just a few decades the people of Aquilegia came to see their champions as their true leaders. The planet was united entirely in service to them, and in 2185pz centuries of toil and labour by skilful goblin hands had bear fruition. The Laurel was operational once more, and amidst a festival the likes the planet had never seen before the collosal warship lifted from the ground, tilted itself skyward, and with a full crew of the mightiest warriors, scholars and adventurers of Aquilegia, with the champions Kal and Sharn at the helm, the Laurel blasted into space.

It had barely left the planet's atmosphere when the black ships appeared.

A fleet of some fifty ships, of various designs but all bearing the same crest on their hulls. Ships loyal to House Cadigan (consensus not reached on whether it's 'Cada-gan' or 'Ca-die-gan'), a kingdom that had already staked its claim to nearby black seas for some five centuries. The ships rendered the Laurel inoperable again, that is to say, they attacked it with overwhelming force, and despite being a far larger vessel it had been sitting on a coastline for centuries and acquiring a fine rust. It descended again back down through the atmosphere in view of the festival that less than an hour prior had witnessed it's departure, and the black ships to be following as they landed on the surface of Aquilegia. From the ships emerged the fabled humans, that the populace of the planet had heard so much about but only their far distant descendants had ever interacted with. These tall lumbering pale creatures with a mastery of technology the likes goblin and orc could only dream of. They made short work of the Aquilegian capital, an entirely unnecessary measure, but a show of strength brought forth by Prince-Elector Rhoderike on behalf of his queen.

The Laurel survived it's second crash-landing onto Aquilegia, but it would never fly again. The surviving crew dragged from the wreckage, champions among them and made to kneel before the invading commanders. Whatever titles or honorifics the two champions once held were irrelevant, they were now Kal 'the Meek', and Sharn 'the Tame'.

Prince-Elector Rhoderike of Riverdell was an imposing stern man with all the grandeur of someone who had probably never smiled in half a century, he cared little for this world or people, but his leige's will be done.

"You are now, all of you, subjects of Queen Gwynedd of house Cadigan. Consider this a blessing, for if I had my way the waters of this world would already be stained red with your blood. But her majesty is a kinder, more benevolent person than I.

The Quartermaster was not alone, with him were the other vassals of Queen Gwynedd. Like, the Ironheart, Duchess Carys, a nickname that is supposedly more literal than poetic, as the humans of Paverhill obsess over machines.

"Your goods are now forfeit. Your gold, is her gold. And you shall be permitted to keep some of it only on her grace. You will be brought in line with the other vassals of her majesty, Paverhill will provide new ports around the islands of your black sea, but for this the Queen will be compensated.

The Prince-Bishop of Heathyard stood slightly taller than the two humans, his long pointed-ears giving away that he was an elf, his pompous demeanour the next clue. He took one look into the eyes of the two champions of Aquilegia and a knowing smile spread across his face.

"Vulgar, are we? Wish to proclaim yourselves Cosmonarch?" A stifled laugh rippled through the gathered nobles of the Cadigan Kingdom. "A goblin? Or an orc? ruler of all the stars? But you are indeed a resourceful bunch are you not, and made a fair world here on this old fish-reeking orb. Her majesty takes great interest in you, you may prove yourselves useful yet."

Among them the noble that stood out the most, was the tiny halfling woman, Stalk of White, who technically was no noble at all, hailing from another ocean world where they elected a Merchant Prince / Princess to lead them, and for whom the Queen of Cadigan had grown rich from their prowess.

"The Cerulean League can provide a small number of our older ships in service to your champions and an adventurer's ship for your scout-scholars. We do of course expect the League to be repaid, once you have put your sorry capital here back together."

There was little to be done about it, Aquilegia was now subject to a great kingdom, hopes of ruling the stars were dashed, and for now it would seem their fates were tied to that of Queen Gwynedd Cadigan.

That was fifteen years ago. It is now the year 2200 Post-Zenith. The capital city has been rebuilt, but scars of the invasion still remain, around the many stars and orbs of the Arriviste Sea where Aquilegia reside there now sits numerous ports, mining and researching the worlds which had for centuries adorned the night skies.

(note: the space around a star is referred to as a sea, and the space between seas as the black ocean, with planets being thought of as islands)

It has been two thousand and two hundred years since The Zenith, the moment that the Tempest Empire conquered the last star of the galaxy and officially became the most powerful entity the heavens had ever witnessed. It was a moment of great pride for humanity, hence why it probably marked the new year zero. Shame then, that the Zenith Era had turned out so badly for humans and their empire, but the new calendar had become so entrenched and widespread that by the time of the last emperor's demise it stuck around. Queen Gwynedd had little intention of crowning herself a new Cosmonarch, though she could arguably be one of the most powerful rulers in the cosmos right now. She had no desire to gamble around what her dynasty had achieved, when her little corner of the galaxy was more than enough. And like the many other human-dominated realms they still practised many of the Old Empire rites and festivals, of which, celebrating The Zenith was paramount.
It was a special occasion for the people of Aquilegia as well, for their ascension was complete, and as part of the Zenith celebrations, Queen Gwynedd would be visiting all the worlds of her kingdom.

It is fortunate for Queen Gwynedd that goblins do not hold a grudge for long, and their love for festivities overrode any major resentment the people may have for their new overlord. For the Queen however, it was strictly a formal affair, to officially welcome Aquilegia into the kingdom and assist in the planet's transition into whatever new role would best suit Cadigan, as Vulgaria. With other duchies and counties to stop at, the Queen's first (and likely only) visit was short lived, and in her stead her diligent stewardess Vatashka Hennion met with the two Vulgarian Champions to discuss the future of their people.

Vulgaria will become a bulwark of the Cadigan Kingdom. Which is just as Queen Gwynedd had hoped they would desire. It was a rather contentious decision within the kingdom and among her vassals when she opted to not have Aquilegia bombarded into oblivion but instead incorporated into the Kingdom. Consorting with greenskins? It was unthinkable. While the last orc clan to raid Cadigan seas was centuries ago, myths about the might of the orc slave armies of the Old Empire still persist to this day, and the thought of having friendly orcs at the border of the kingdom that could handily fend off any foe was too appealing to the Queen. And the goblins would be able to build and maintain new ports and fortresses with their knack for ad hoc construction, and giving them a purpose would stop them slipping beneath the net and turning to a life of crime across the Kingdom's worlds. In Queen Gwynedd's own words "The Quartermaster may very well be the sword of the kingdom, but Vulgaria shall be its shield, upon which the enemies of Cadigan will break"

Work is already beginning to restructure society on Aquilegia towards becoming Cadigan's bulwark, it does not require much alteration, the past few centuries and the rise in prominence of the Vulgar Champions saw society became increasingly militarised and collectivist, the needs of the champions were the needs of the nation. And now the champions just happened to fight for someone as well as their ocean world.

The Quartermaster begrudgingly shared the schematics and know-how of how to build destroyers caravels, and the merchants of the Cerulean Coast handed off some of their old trade-ships which the mechanco-gobs of the Arriveste Dockyards managed to retrofit in to new warships.

The Dockyards spiral around the three main stars of Arriviste, a marvel of goblin-engineering that took the fifteen years since the initial subjugation to construct and plans to expand and improve upon the star-harbour are already underway.

Meanwhile on Aquilegia itself there is still a great deal of unrest, the entire planet's civilisation has been upended within two decades, their dreams of proclaiming themselves Cosmonarch shattered and the great work in restoring The Laurel and it's subsequent lose still sits heavy with some elements in fringes of the three landmasses. Piracy is slowly making a return and may gain a stranglehold on the blue seas once more unless stamped out, and large areas around the capital are still practically ruins from the Cadigan invasion that will need to be cleared away and new homes and jobs given to the misfortunate.

But many new opportunities will now present themselves, now that Aquilegia... Vulgaria has access to the Black Ocean, new worlds await and a great navy will need to be made in service of the Cadigans.
Prime Minister Rdozan is maintaining order as best he can from the capital, but formally uniting the planet and codifying a global-constitution for goblin and orc alike will hopefully stem the growing unrest and corruption. And with new ships, new infrastructure will come the new for greater power - while each of the three land masses has their own power plants, there can still be an underwater power grid to connect them, and ensure adequate energy is available for all three, which will be vital if new cities are to be built to rehome those living in the ruins of the old capital. And lastly, if Vulgaria is to be the Shield of Cadigan, then ensuring her ships and ports can withstand whatever foes may throw at them seems of the highest importance.

Captain Rildea was formerly a renown mercenary and adventurer on the blue seas, her nimble commando-trawler the bane of many a pirate and enemies of the new pro-Cadigan regime that formed in the past fifteen years. But now she has swapped the blue sea for the black, and given the honour of commanding the Wanderlust, a star-scouter outfitted with the finest technology goblin hands could cobble together. With a contingent of adventurers, philosophers and warriors led by Sharn 'the Tame' aboard, the vessel departs from the Arriviste Dockyards and makes headway for the first jump across the ocean, to foreign seas of Omega Hydrae, and the first step of Vulgaria's adventure among the stars.

Known extent of the Black Ocean in 2200.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
I can't wait to eat that queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechanical Ape
Aug 7, 2007

But yes, occasionally I am known to smash.
Ply the black seas! No longer wait for shipwreck to come to us! Make own shipwrecks now!