Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
haha, but also let's not post daily mail links

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Yeassssss

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Man I hope this is true otherwise I will be very disappointed.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Not sure what the think tank will be contributing beyond putting on the 98/99 season review and pointing at it but glad they're getting paid a wedge for it

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

the sex ghost posted:

Not sure what the think tank will be contributing beyond putting on the 98/99 season review and pointing at it but glad they're getting paid a wedge for it

I think it's probably just an excuse for Robbo and Ferg to drink loads of bottles of claret at the clubs expense

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Fergie’s management principles were long in the tooth before he left, the last 5 years of Fergie’s United were all inertia from the 2000’s and pipping a late title with RVP that did a lot for his legacy.

Him casting a shadow over the club hasn’t done anything good.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Fergie’s management principles were long in the tooth before he left, the last 5 years of Fergie’s United were all inertia from the 2000’s and pipping a late title with RVP that did a lot for his legacy.

:ssh: He's a legend, let him do whatever he wants as long as even 1% of his brain functions.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Fervor won a title in his last season, leaving behind a team with the best striker in the league, plenty of money left for big new transfers and a slew of young players who featured prominently in the title-winning side.

Compare him to, say, Wenger who saddled the team with their worst league finish in decades, an exorbitant contract renewal for Ozil, two strikers who cost a combined £100m and cannot play together, and Mustafi as the first-choice center back.

United have had their troubles but lol at blaming him for what he left behind.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Uh huh.

Who replaced Fergie again? What were the circumstances of that appointment?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

"pipping" it by 11 points and wrapped up in April.

Ferguson pushed a post Ronaldo post Glazer United side to trophies through sheer force of will and would've had at least one more CL if not for that Barca side.

The blame for 2013-now United falls squarely on the Glazers and Woodward it's got nothing to do with Ferguson attending matches you loon.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Honestly glad united have learned nothing from their last attempt at relying on a 'club legend' to make themselves good again. I hope they talk about The United Way a lot, that was hilarious.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Tommy Doc Man Utd's best ever manager and look how they treated him.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The committee will meet to decide on a new manager and pick David Moyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Break time is over, post all your code tag starting lineups for the new season in the August thread