Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

what about farm tractors, extremely heavy trucks (hauling gravel, cement, etc.), tractors pulling trains of trailers, and old people who are driving very slow despite a high speed limit of say 80 or 100? should people pile up behind them all day long?

OK but if some one is already driving 10 miles over the speed limit, is it really necessary to risk hitting oncoming traffic because you want to drive 20 miles over the speed limit? And these are two lane roads that see a fair amount of traffic because they connect several small towns to a large city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Everyone should just drive off a cliff imo

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Everyone should just drive off a cliff imo

i live at the bottom of a cliff and you have no idea how many people do that

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Being stuck behind a slow driver is like watching the most boring movie ever of some rear end in a top hat’s trunk.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Yaldabaoth posted:

OK but if some one is already driving 10 miles over the speed limit, is it really necessary to risk hitting oncoming traffic because you want to drive 20 miles over the speed limit? And these are two lane roads that see a fair amount of traffic because they connect several small towns to a large city.

Yes. Next question.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

its all nice on rice posted:

Yes. Next question.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Beating stuck behind a slow driver is like playing Desert Bus irl.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

even if i'm already speeding i'll move out of the way if someone behind wants to go even faster

anyone who tries to control traffic like some wannabe cop can suck a fat dildo and get a life imo

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

even if i'm already speeding i'll move out of the way if someone behind wants to go even faster

This is 100% the correct thing to do.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i like people who don't accelerate at green lights, just foot off the brake and let the lord take me forward. MOTHERFUCKER MOVE

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

anyone who tries to control traffic like some wannabe cop can suck a fat dildo and get a life imo

“Oh, I have the right of way but I’m r- really stupid so I’m flapping my hand because I’m a doofy dappus traffic cop all of a sudden but guess what, as soon as you go I’m rolling my tires at you, and guess who’s insurance wins if this turns out bad, not yours”. You should always keep some zip ties in your glove box to do a citizens arrest on pieces of poo poo like that, and for the driving instructor who passed them.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ill brake load in my GFs matrix at red lights to launch properly to block the fucks trying to sneak up the right when i know it goes into one lane, im watching that light, not gonna beat my RT, although i did get an audi all-road to hard launch once and it was pretty sweet and i let him have it

on the other hand ill do the same on my moto to get by all the cagers, i got a guy in a cute fiesta st try to keep up once lol, by the time i hit 80+ kph and was already slowing down he was just getting up to speed, my bike isnt that even fast. i did have a guy pull HARD in some weird toyota right hand drive four door JDM import, sounded like a V8 or maybe the supra engine, dunno but he had some hustle

on the highway the said aforementioned car, the mighty matrix isnt exactly a race car but i like to do a nice linear acceleration up to about 20% faster than the speed limit. i live in a place where there are frequent stop lights on the highway so i have encountered the situation where ill be getting up to speed, and its almost always a big V8 truck that passes on the right, then he drives at exactly 10 kph over the speed limit at a baby speed, then i come up on him and he has to move over. ive tried different approaches to this situation and unless someone is really coming up on me fast i just stick in the fast lane until im doing the 20% faster than the limit, which seems to be on the faster side here. im not going to floor the matrix from a stop light, the car doesnt do that well, but it can cruise at 120 kph all day.

looking on the bright side when im on my moto people do move out of the way. its really nice. ive had full size pickups put on their four ways, slow down a bit, and let me by. more than a few times.

i never pass dangerously, but if some casual is driving the speed limit on a fun road im just going to pass them, its easy on a quick moto, so i feel your pain my fast car dudes

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 8, 2022

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

numberoneposter posted:

ill brake load in my GFs matrix at red lights to launch properly to block the fucks trying to sneak up the right when i know it goes into one lane, im watching that light, not gonna beat my RT, although i did get an audi all-road to hard launch once and it was pretty sweet and i let him have it

on the other hand ill do the same on my moto to get by all the cagers, i got a guy in a cute fiesta st try to keep up once lol, by the time i hit 80+ kph and was already slowing down he was just getting up to speed, my bike isnt that even fast. i did have a guy pull HARD in some weird toyota right hand drive four door JDM import, sounded like a V8 or maybe the supra engine, dunno but he had some hustle

on the highway the said aforementioned car, the mighty matrix isnt exactly a race car but i like to do a nice linear acceleration up to about 20% faster than the speed limit. i live in a place where there are frequent stop lights on the highway so i have encountered the situation where ill be getting up to speed, and its almost always a big V8 truck that passes on the right, then he drives at exactly 10 kph over the speed limit at a baby speed, then i come up on him and he has to move over. ive tried different approaches to this situation and unless someone is really coming up on me fast i just stick in the fast lane until im doing the 20% faster than the limit, which seems to be on the faster side here. im not going to floor the matrix from a stop light, the car doesnt do that well, but it can cruise at 120 kph all day.

looking on the bright side when im on my moto people do move out of the way. its really nice. ive had full size pickups put on their four ways, slow down a bit, and let me by. more than a few times.

i never pass dangerously, but if some casual is driving the speed limit on a fun road im just going to pass them, its easy on a quick moto, so i feel your pain my fast car dudes

Lol nose that poo poo down bro. :hfive:

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

SUVs are hideous

A car should look like a car, and by a car I mean a Ford Mondeo

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Cars should not be legally allowed to weigh more than one megagram

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

kntfkr posted:

i like people who don't accelerate at green lights, just foot off the brake and let the lord take me forward. MOTHERFUCKER MOVE

Same but people who feel the need to come to a complete loving stop to make a right hand turn (say into a driveway).

You stupid rear end it's not even across traffic. There is no reason to bring your loving car you a complete stop to do this. You are not going to flip that bitch over pulling into your driveway.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Same but people who feel the need to come to a complete loving stop to make a right hand turn (say into a driveway).

You stupid rear end it's not even across traffic. There is no reason to bring your loving car you a complete stop to do this. You are not going to flip that bitch over pulling into your driveway.

Last year, I watched my neighbors get their SUV towed out of the ditch next to their driveway (that they flipped into), so they very well may be that bad.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My driveway is sloped at like 35 degrees at a right angle to the road with trees at the end so while I don’t need to come to a stop I do need to slow down a bit. However, I am conscious of other drivers so I do try to get outta the way as fast as is safely possible.

I do hate the assholes that ride my rear end and then get pissed that I have the gall to turn into my own loving driveway even though I clearly loving signaled you BMW fuckstain. If I ever see you outside of that loving car I’m gonna fffienfjsndjxnsnsndndndjxbvwjdhdj

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Don't get mad at the other driver that pissed you off, get mad at the next person/animal you see. Just both barrels outta left field. It's called pay it forward they made a goddamn moving out of it with that sex pest

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't go above 25, 30 on highways

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lot of road ragers itt

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol nice fukcing find

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

only time i'm in a caged car in traffic is in a rally car tho

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Oh a car thread.

I got one hand in the wheel, the other gripping a chicken tendy. Is how I roll

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I live my life a quarter-pounder at a time, etc etc

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Listen up buddy, if I'm approaching you, you're going too slow; I don't care if you're going well over the speed limit. And help me god if I have to drive on the right shoulder to pass your sorry rear end because I WILL cut you off and slow down. See how YOU like your "safe driving". The only way you should be driving is outta mine :911:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Yaldabaoth posted:

The problem is they're speeding up to pass on two lane roads where there's oncoming traffic and don't slow down. I'm driving a few miles over the speed limit and these rear end in a top hat zoomers are perfectly willing to risk a head-on collision because I'm still not driving fast enough for them.

I'm still confused how you think passing is supposed to work

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I like to do wheelies on my titular motorbike when I pass cars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3XBb5ghzSw