Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

dads_work_files posted:

I use one and I've just got round to putting a dust cover on it. It feels about right to me but I haven't tried putting it in my RAP enclosure to see how it sits. I'd imagine taking the O-ring off wouldn't make it sit that much lower, but the dust cover would fall off when you remove the stick.

I did have to file down the inside of the dust cover slightly to get it to sit right, I'm talking a tiny tiny bit of filing on this aftermarket aluminium dealie, so maybe that might help, if it's catching on the shaft?

I ended up just taking it off, i think the RAP N dust cover is already pretty tight around this shaft, so it was feeling awkward sitting too high. Plus I can just store the lever and dust cover in the cord compartment.. which isnt broken yet. Though now I have a little envy for those sticks that are really easy to open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Strangest thing, I finally got around to doing the work converting my BNB gen 2 to the hitbox layout and it looks great

However, the qanba gravity KS buttons I'm using have like.. a slight ring sound when they're pressed? It almost sounds like a spring or something? The button I'm using for down is a little louder than the others, but the biggest issue is that I can't remember if it made the noise before lol. Has anyone run into that with silenced buttons?

The wiring is a little bit messy, but it doesn't really sound like wires hitting each other or anything like that?

Edit: I finally found other people talking about it and I think it must've made that noise before and I never really noticed it. For whatever reason the down button is a bit louder so I might need to just replace that button or something :iiam:

Double edit: I actually realized I ordered an extra button last time I was picking up pieces, so I swapped it out and it makes the exact same noise as the buttons with the art in them so... I guess it's just something about not having the lever attached that makes the case noisier?

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 17, 2024

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

HerniaFlange posted:

Gated & Stickpilled

I'm going to repost the Trainglebox in here because it makes more sense than the fighting game thread. I moved the buttons around a little to make more sense, as they used to be in just a straight row, with the green buttons being the top row (X Y RB) and the yellow buttons being the bottom row (A B RT), and a couple up top for LB and LT. I'm going to be an idiot and bring this thing to Anime Boston, so I figured I might as well make it a setup that feels (slightly) more natural than previously. The buttons do occasionally seem to stop working, just flat out do nothing until I release them and press them again (as opposed to being able to wiggle a finger on them to get a response), but I'm also wondering how much is that is the SOCD filter of the 2040GP setup catching my sloppy inputs. I can't remember if it's done that with the face buttons.
Anyways the main result of this experiment is that this is as terrible idea as it looks and sounds like. The triangle buttons aren't great, and that makes sense because I think they're really only meant for a specific game. The giant circle buttons were DEFINITELY not worth the effort, as circles just aren't as funny as triangles, even with triangle like angles inside of them. Someone called it a dorito in Discord so I guess that's sealed its fate as far as paint jobs go.
Buttons are Sanwa OBSF-24TRs, which can be bought here: https://www.smallcab.net/sanwa-obsf-24tr-c-30_35_67_276.html. It's weird, I only seem to be able to find them on European sites.
The circular monstrosities can be found here: https://www.smallcab.net/triple-buttons-c-30_35_150.html
The controller board is a GP2040 because I wasn't going to throw a good board into there, but maybe I should? https://gp2040-ce.info/
Idk. Don't make controllers out of triangles folks.
First setup:

Final setup:

Also zero apologies for the state of my work bench or the number of tabs open.
That's awesome. Zero shade, and a bonus "Hey I have the same keyboard tuned to the same colour!"
If you can slap another microcontroller board in there, and a mode switch to add MIDI support, that would be next level.