Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
He's a Shitman, not a Hitman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I didn't really give a poo poo about Duckman but he made The Critic? That is a tragedy

Well except when they tried to being the critic back in internet form in like 2000 which was the real tragedy

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRkZYdWCe7w

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Sorry that this guy died.

Because it means 'Duckman' has to be brought up in conversation again by people who enjoyed 'Duckman'.
Who are universally 'people who enjoyed shopping at RadioShack' and 'Guys named Todd'.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
His life was like a hurricane

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0iUwl_5gGY&t=1181s

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

most goons had anime and dial up internet :smug:

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
what the hell are YOU staring at?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

runnypoops posted:

12 year old me used to watch this show while absentmindly stroking my penis in the hopes ADULT animation meant i'd get to see some cartoon duck titties.

Should've watched Howard the Duck instead

Critic was great and weirdly prophetic (there's an episode where the newspapers kinda predict the Conan/Leno late night poo poo, and of course there's the episode where Duke runs for President), and Duckman was surprisingly poignant at times for how ugly and terrible the show and most of the cast was. Of course, the voice acting was on point, but the writing made the show hit as hard as it did. Would love to watch the entire series at some point since I've only watched some random episodes here and there.

They should remake the Critic again imo, I doubt Jon Lovitz has anything better going on and it's not like it really matters that the rest of the voice cast is dead or whatever.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

runnypoops posted:

12 year old me used to watch this show while absentmindly stroking my penis in the hopes ADULT animation meant i'd get to see some cartoon duck titties.

A man 12 year old of culture and taste :hfive:

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

runnypoops posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q072NuYL92c

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Tarquinn posted:

Don't know much about that guy, but I have good memories of Duckman when I watched it late at night in the late nineties. Never seen it again after that and it does not seem to be available on any streaming services. Sad.

That's Duckdog.

One of the YouTube links on the first page is 8 hours long, is that not the compete series?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
There should be a manduck

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

There should be a manduck

disgusting

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
I wonder what wishes he will fulfill now he is free

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Huh, the rare spinoff that gets it

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Does the head of the duck on a mans body, or reversed, cover the vocal chords

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Manduck is just a man with a corkscrew penis

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
More like dickman

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

https://youtu.be/blppKS-nz9g

I loved Duckman as a teen; used to watch reruns late at night.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Should've watched Howard the Duck instead

Critic was great and weirdly prophetic (there's an episode where the newspapers kinda predict the Conan/Leno late night poo poo, and of course there's the episode where Duke runs for President), and Duckman was surprisingly poignant at times for how ugly and terrible the show and most of the cast was. Of course, the voice acting was on point, but the writing made the show hit as hard as it did. Would love to watch the entire series at some point since I've only watched some random episodes here and there.

They should remake the Critic again imo, I doubt Jon Lovitz has anything better going on and it's not like it really matters that the rest of the voice cast is dead or whatever.

But they tried! It was online in like 2000 and it was depressing and awful

Do any remakes ever turn out on par with the original show? I mean it looked like crap cause it was like flash animation but are there any examples of a show coming back and being objectively better or even on par with what it was previously?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Does Battlestar Galactica count?

Oh, America's funniest home videos with Tom Bergeron was big step up, because by that point they were competing with youtube and they had to get a host with actual charisma

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

And loving John K and that Neverhood guy just keep on being horrible bastards.
No justice.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

By popular demand posted:

And loving John K and that Neverhood guy just keep on being horrible bastards.
No justice.

John K has made one successful show that actually got pulled out from under him so I wouldn't really consider him a success and more of a universally poo poo on person and a joke

I don't know what Neverhood is

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't know what Neverhood is

Doug TenNapel created Earthworm Jim too, he's a giant chud piece of poo poo, has been for over 20 years, and really likes letting everyone know about it. Constantly.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oh that guy. Yeah I'm familiar with the name but not with his weirdness in terms of personality. Also I recognize the cover art for Neverhood but never played or seen gameplay for it. What exactly are his idiot opinions or rants

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

Oh that guy. Yeah I'm familiar with the name but not with his weirdness in terms of personality. Also I recognize the cover art for Neverhood but never played or seen gameplay for it. What exactly are his idiot opinions or rants

Well he really, really, really, really loving hates gay people for starters. Very vocal about how cool and good, actually, Donnie Two-Scoops was. Your average chud poo poo, he's just been doing it since the Bush years when it became fringe-cool for fascists to scream about being oppressed.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 19, 2022

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ah he's one of those dudes who supposedly created groundbreaking work in the early-mid 90s but is also rigidly bigoted against other stuff. Like what hilarious weiners do you have to be to pretend you're progressive and then just take a poo poo all over your own face

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I mean that's not just a 90s thing it's also Frank Miller and R. crumb and probably farther back than that

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Frank Miller's descent into madness and violent racism still makes me very sad. I was with a Palestinian girl when he published that awful piece of poo poo that DC told him to gently caress off with, and it pretty much nuked him for me.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

9/11 really exploded his brain. I think came to his senses and apologised for writing it but holy moly its an insane book.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Caesar Saladin posted:

9/11 really exploded his brain. I think came to his senses and apologised for writing it but holy moly its an insane book.

He did? Honestly that's kind of shocking I've never heard of that. The apology part I mean

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Aesop Poprock posted:

He did? Honestly that's kind of shocking I've never heard of that. The apology part I mean

Yeah, same. But I guess he did recant, and own it.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2018/apr/27/frank-miller-xerxes-cursed-sin-city-the-dark-knight-returns

Frank Miller posted:

“My stuff always represents what I’m going through,” Miller says today. “Whenever I look at any of my work I can feel what my mindset was and I remember who I was with at the time. When I look at Holy Terror, which I really don’t do all that often, I can really feel the anger ripple out of the pages. There are places where it is bloodthirsty beyond belief.”

Does he have any regrets? “I don’t want to go back and start erasing books I did,” he replies. “I don’t want to wipe out chapters of my own biography. But I’m not capable of that book again.”

It’s worth noting that whatever his detractors may think of his politics, Miller still happily inveighs against “white, heterosexual family values” and has no interest in defending his views on Occupy Wall Street. “I wasn’t thinking clearly,” he confesses. Does he support Donald Trump? “Real men stay bald,” he says with a grin, lifting his hat to run a hand over his bare scalp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Ok. That's kind of redeeming. Every one goes nuts at some point I'm glad he at least realized it